Increasing amount of trolls in the WL?- Mtbr.com
    Stripes

Increasing amount of trolls in the WL?

While I don't mind guys coming in here, there seems to be an ever increasing amount of trolls here.

Is there any way we can get Impy some help moderating? I've offered to help, but my requests have gone completely ignored by Francis and Gregg.

It doesn't have to be me (just figured to step up to the plate since I've been here 10 years), but we need some help. It's getting pretty bad that I don't even want to come here anymore.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Rule #1- Please Do not feed the trolls...

It's important to have restraint and not respond to obvious provocation. If no one responded to the thread it would have fallen to the bottom...

Don't worry, be happy!
    I disagree about the signal to noise ratio. Impy got married about three days ago.

Moderator Moderator
    I think there has been more participation in the WL lately, which is good, but with that comes the occasional a**hat or simply clueless person.

After reporting a classic "offensive to women" post elsewhere on MTBR recently, however, I would say that it seems these reports are not being acted on promptly as had been my experience in the past. The post remains, whereas in the past I've had them taken down.

The Other F Word
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbxplorer View Post
    After reporting a classic "offensive to women" post elsewhere on MTBR recently, however, I would say that it seems these reports are not being acted on promptly as had been my experience in the past. The post remains, whereas in the past I've had them taken down.
    That's my impression, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Impy
    just plain unfriendly and maladjusted.
    "Yes, honey: I do love this bike more than I love you."

Glue Sniffer
    I'm not sure if there's been more than the, "Hey ladies, no offense, but isn't is stupid to have a women's forum?" thread, so forgive me if there's more going on here and elsewhere of which I'm not aware.

For me, I don't mind the occasional thread like that. The responses are always a good mix of entertaining and informative. Plus, it creates an opportunity to have an honest discussion about why there is a women's forum which can be viewed by those who have similar questions, but would never dare pose them in the women's forum.

I disagree with simply ignoring "trolling posts." Just because OP is a dope doesn't mean others can't benefit from the responses. Plus, it's kinda fun, like playing with one of those doofy little cat toys.
    Last edited by catzilla; 03-21-2014 at 09:04 AM.
    Cats just don't feel safe on a moving bicycle, no matter how much duct tape you use.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbxplorer View Post
    I think there has been more participation in the WL lately, which is good, but with that comes the occasional a**hat or simply clueless person.

Quote Originally Posted by gabrielle View Post
    That's my impression, too.
    Agree with both, it does seem to be a site-wide issue lately.

mtbr member
    I have noticed multiple Chinese spam posts (same thing) on the main board not getting addressed as prompt as should be. Happens in the mornings mostly. I'm on Eastern Standard time, not knowing what zones most of the mods reside in ?

gobsmacked Moderator

Increasing amount of trolls in the WL?

Yeah. Some early bird east coast mods recently have new jobs and children. Yay for them!