Can't find gloves.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Can't find gloves.

I don't know what it is but I can't seem to find a brand that sells women's gloves that are large enough to accommodate my hands! Its quite annoying. My favorite pair of fingerless (which I prefer) have gone missing, and even those were Fox Reflex Men's large. I can't wear fox large, and the best sized gloves I've found that are women's are my two pairs of kona XL's, but they're full fingered. I have short fingers hence the fingerless preference.

Just looking for suggestions or any experience that may help in locating a brand I can try. Not much luck at my LBS, but if I have to drop a lot on gloves as a last resort then I suppose thats ok if they FIT. Any input appreciated!

Rides with Scissors
    If you find a pair of women's gloves that fit, please post! I have the same problem, so I've been just wearing men's gloves. Fortunately, my fingers are long enough for full-fingered gloves and "work gloves" sold at many home improvement stores suit my needs quite well (they're less expensive and durable too).
    Some days you're the dog, some days you're the hydrant.

mtbr member
    Well at least i'm not the only one!! If you can find kona XLs at a good price try those out. I got mine from department of goods. They have a lot to choose from. Still trying to weed out the hopefuls tho.

Moderator Moderator
    I usually buy mens gloves, not because I have big hands, but it seems like the sizing is more consistent - but check the size chart and have a measuring tape on hand to improve your chances. It is rare when a men's small doesn't fit me. I will second the Kona's though, I have a pr I love when its not too hot. Gloves are a little deceiving - I've had a few pairs that seemed "too snug" "too wimpy" "too whatever" upon arrival, but that I ended up liking a lot once I used them.

mtbr member
    ARGH the lack on consistency! I used a tape measure to gamble on a set of Fox gloves, and there supposedly was even wiggle room. Got them in and they were super tight around the palm.

http://www.departmentofgoods.com/kon...womens-kna0019

These are one of the sets I have. I would give that a try. They have XLs in 2 colors.

mtbr member
    http://www.departmentofgoods.com/kon...rrProd=KNA0022

I also have these that fit well, they still have XLs available.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoulderGirl View Post
    I don't know what it is but I can't seem to find a brand that sells women's gloves that are large enough to accommodate my hands! ... I have short fingers hence the fingerless preference.
    I have exactly the opposite problem - I also have large hands, but apparently have extra long fingers. So once they are long enough to fit my fingers, I basically need to take in the sides of the gloves because they are too wide, and then they bunch up and blister my hands. The large Dakine Women's Ventilator Glove is one of the few that fits (I think because it's stretchy it helps). Heh, so I guess that's one for you to avoid since it would mean the fingers are extra long.

I have several pairs of fox gloves where when the palm fit my hands just right, if I seam ripped the tips of the fingers, my index finger, middle finger and thumb pop out about an extra inch.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I won a pair of Specialized XL women's full finger gloves and they were too big for me (I take a women's L), so I gave them to my husband and he loves them (pink and all). His hands are bigger than mine, but his fingers are about the same length. He usually takes a men's L. If you haven't looked at Specialized, I'd check them out.

mtbr member
    Haven't run into any specialized gloves, thanks for the tip!

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I agree, specialized gloves seem to run a little more roomy but I still need a large and my hands are fairly small. I think in general women's gloves run on the small side but I've had good luck with specialized. They are a little pricey but if you can find them on sale it's worth it.

mtbr member
    Bontrager women's gloves must run big. I normally wear a women's large but I take a medium in the Bonty's. Maybe try those?
    I'm enjoying my childhood way too much to ever give it up.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    If you have short fingers then I would think that mens gloves would fit better. Does the mens gloves not fit you? I have the opposite problem. My hands are so small that I am wearing youth gloves... so I can't help you there.