Bikecommuting -consider it!- Mtbr.com
    Moderator Moderator

Bikecommuting -consider it!

90 sec video, one woman's cycle commute, at the top of this article is worthwhile. Some cool programs that are getting more women riding are in the article too.

What is stopping women from cycling? - BBC News

L1MEY
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbxplorer View Post
    90 sec video, one woman's cycle commute, at the top of this article is worthwhile. Some cool programs that are getting more women riding are in the article too.

What is stopping women from cycling? - BBC News
    This is interesting. I've tried bike commuting over the years and last summer was the first time I really did it consistently for months at a time. Granted, it's only 3 miles each way, pretty flat, and mostly on bike paths, but I added a little bit of challenge by doing it on a fixie.

I do generally shy away from riding on the road for pleasure here. I don't enjoy gulping down traffic fumes, and any roads that aren't busy also have a scarily high speed limit. I don't particularly mind sharing the road with cars, but when the speed limit is 55 people do 70, and that wigs me out. I used to ride on the road a lot when I lived in the UK as there are lots of paved back roads with little traffic. Being in NV, our quiet back roads are either all straight with a high speed limit, or dirt!

I haven't noticed people being particularly arseholeish about bikes around here. I have yelled at a few idiot cyclists riding the wrong way down the bike lane though... I refuse to yield the lane to anyone who doesn't understand how to follow a painted arrow!
    Ride like a girl! :cornut:

Moderator Moderator
    **How great to have a bike path along your commute! I love the feeling of accomplishment before you even get to work, and getting your body moving before what is mostly a desk job. My normal commute these days is perhaps the least scenic 8 miles of VT roads, mostly a commercial strip sprawl between Barre & Montpelier, but I love it all the same.