XTR rear hubs for $49 at Jenson- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    mtbr "member"
    Reputation: Reek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    717

    XTR rear hubs for $49 at Jenson

    The 28 spoke version of the centerlock hubs in XTR flavor is onlly $49 at Jenson USA. Saw an old 950 model on ebay go for more than that. Works for disc and non disc wheels!

    REEK

  2. #2
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,236
    Actually it is $47 for a M965 XTR 28 hole rear hub. Bought one last month when they were$65 and another last week when the price dropped.

    308g without a CL lockring (not included) or skewer. It does come with a skewer (61g).
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  3. #3
    Five is right out
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,174
    Shiggy- is there much difference between current XT and that XTR hub?

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: LyNx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    23,685
    Well if Shiggy's weight for the XTR hubs is accurate (and Shiggy's someone I'd trust for that) yes there's about 200g is difference between them.

    Quote Originally Posted by womble
    Shiggy- is there much difference between current XT and that XTR hub?
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??

  5. #5
    Uit Nederland
    Reputation: fujirider1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    342
    Seems like a decent deal, I do think the XTR is usually a bit over priced though...

  6. #6
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,236
    Quote Originally Posted by womble
    Shiggy- is there much difference between current XT and that XTR hub?
    Shimano claims 369g for the '07 XT CL rear hub. The older 6-bolt XT hubs are heavier.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  7. #7
    mtbr "member"
    Reputation: Reek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    717

    right

    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy
    Actually it is $47 for a M965 XTR 28 hole rear hub. Bought one last month when they were$65 and another last week when the price dropped.

    308g without a CL lockring (not included) or skewer. It does come with a skewer (61g).

    Ooops, $47.

    I got a hub for $65 as well. Now I don't feel bad about getting a second...

    REEK

  8. #8
    Five is right out
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,174
    Just got one... Finally going to replace my bleedin' loud Hope XC rear

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,034
    I also bought this hub a few weeks back, beautoful hub, laced up to a dt swiss xr4.2d rim, it is a nice hub!

  10. #10
    ballbuster
    Reputation: pimpbot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    12,718

    Loud?

    Quote Originally Posted by womble
    Just got one... Finally going to replace my bleedin' loud Hope XC rear
    I have one and it's pretty dang close to dead quiet. Sounds like your's needs some maintenance. Clean and slather some fresh light grease in the pawls and it will be happy again.

  11. #11
    Five is right out
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,174
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpbot
    I have one and it's pretty dang close to dead quiet. Sounds like your's needs some maintenance. Clean and slather some fresh light grease in the pawls and it will be happy again.
    Already tried this, it doesn't have much effect

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.