mtbr member

X-Fusion Sweep 160mm 27.5

Chain Reaction Cycles has this on sale, 250 with free shipping. Trigger pulled!

Land of the 230+
    I came across this earlier this morning and wanted to post here, but the product link was coming up page not found at the time. Guess they fixed it. Anyway, this is a great fork for the price. Dont forget to use coupon code MID16 to bring it down to $235. Its a steal at that price. I almost want to buy another one as a back up.

mtbr member
    I tried using the code several times, but it would not let me as they said it did not qualify. Either way, at that price, who can resist. Even on PB the cheapest I see there (new) is 350 to 450 on up.

Land of the 230+
    I just tried again, and it said "error applying code" then tried again, and looks like it took that time. Looks to me like their webserver was getting hammered after the email blast this morning. Their site has been really funky.

mtbr member
    I guess I should have kept on trying, but that is ok. I still can't complain!

Land of the 230+
    Could always contact them and tell that that it randomly works, and see if they'll apply it to your existing order. Worth a few minutes of your time. Regardless, its a smoking deal.

mtbr member
    Thanks Guitsboy! I just emailed them through the site, hopefully they will take the extra 15 off.

BOOM goes the dynamite!
    This makes me wish I needed a fork. I see they have the 130mm for the same price if that helps anyone.

Land of the 230+
    Theyre internally adjustable 100-160 in travel. I'd actually get the 130, simply because it will come with the spacer to allow for changes in 10mm increments.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GuitsBoy View Post
    Could always contact them and tell that that it randomly works, and see if they'll apply it to your existing order. Worth a few minutes of your time. Regardless, its a smoking deal.
    Got an emailed response, they credited my card 15 bucks - sweet! Thanks!

Land of the 230+
    Awesome to hear that man. Good work.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Anybody who ordered this get their yet? My girl ordered one to replace her Sektor Silver. We got the 130mm one since the 160 was sold out but we need to adjust to 140 or 150mm. It looks like this adjustment is done by moving the stop to a different pin on the spring shaft so there are no spacers that go in or some out for those wondering.

These appear to be OEM forks as mine did not come with any fusion packaging.

It did come with a rando black crown race installed? Did one come installed for anybody else?
    fork doesn't appear to have been installed, steerer is uncut, no star nut etc.

I wonder if this will work with the non cartridge bearings used on the Kona Process 134 it's going on.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by warimono View Post
    Anybody who ordered this get their yet? My girl ordered one to replace her Sektor Silver. We got the 130mm one since the 160 was sold out but we need to adjust to 140 or 150mm. It looks like this adjustment is done by moving the stop to a different pin on the spring shaft so there are no spacers that go in or some out for those wondering.

These appear to be OEM forks as mine did not come with any fusion packaging.

It did come with a rando black crown race installed? Did one come installed for anybody else?
    fork doesn't appear to have been installed, steerer is uncut, no star nut etc.

I wonder if this will work with the non cartridge bearings used on the Kona Process 134 it's going on.
    Mine is like yours, came with the crown race installed, and arrived in a box labeled ''FORK''. The box came in pretty beat-up, but I verified no damage before I signed for mine. I will end up pulling the crown race off there and put the one that came with my headset instead, but that is a bit down the road as I am still sourcing build parts. I also watched the video on how to adjust the travel, glad I ordered mine in at 160, as I don't really feel like digging that deep quite yet.

Land of the 230+
    Travel adjust isnt too bad, just take your time. The fork has a travel range between 100 and 160, with pin holes every 20mm. The 130mm should come with a 10mm spacer to get to 130. The only specialty tool I bought was the 28 mm (I think) flat fork wrench, or you could just ground down a socket perfectly flat. Otherwise it was just basic mechanics tools, and took about a half hour.

mtbr member
    Travel adjust isnt too bad, just take your time. The fork has a travel range between 100 and 160, with pin holes every 20mm. The 130mm should come with a 10mm spacer to get to 130. The only specialty tool I bought was the 28 mm (I think) flat fork wrench, or you could just ground down a socket perfectly flat. Otherwise it was just basic mechanics tools, and took about a half hour.
    You did not need the "RL2 Dampener Removal Tool"?

I just watched this video, and it states that is needed:

Thanks,
    Bryan
    Just keep pedaling, don't stop pedaling.

Land of the 230+
    I used a small deep socket to bang out the damper, then tapped the leg back onto the damper when reinstalling it. Make sure you have enough threads showing before you use the nut to pull it the rest of the way home. Just be careful.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    I used a small deep socket to bang out the damper, then tapped the leg back onto the damper when reinstalling it. Make sure you have enough threads showing before you use the nut to pull it the rest of the way home. Just be careful.

Understood, thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just keep pedaling, don't stop pedaling.

mtbr member

Yep, a bunch of good info! I don't want to go into mine for the simple fact that I have two other forks ready for servicing that I need to do as well.

I can't wait to ride the bike, the fork looks killer! I did end up ditching the Sweep decals, the Dot Matrix design thing they got going on there annoys me.

Your bike sucks
    FYI - you can buy the damper tool for $5 from XFusion. They prob will try to up sell you on the fluid, which is good, but a bit pricey. The damper tool, 4mm socket, 3 pieces of wood for bracing the rod when you punch the pin and you are all good. It's easy once you do it once.