• 03-15-2004
    Steve71
    Where to get a good deal on a build kit?
    Where are you guys getting good deals on XC build kits? I've checked all the usual online stores, but most of them either don't have build kits or you have to select each and every component before you get a price (no pre configured kits) :rolleyes:

    Speedgoat have a nice looking kit for $1000 (everything but the frame fork and pedals), but I'm hoping forsake some of the CK and Thompson stuff ( :eek: ) and keep it closer to $600.

    Any suggestions?
  • 03-15-2004
    ignazjr
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Steve71
    Where are you guys getting good deals on XC build kits? I've checked all the usual online stores, but most of them either don't have build kits or you have to select each and every component before you get a price (no pre configured kits) :rolleyes:

    Speedgoat have a nice looking kit for $1000 (everything but the frame fork and pedals), but I'm hoping forsake some of the CK and Thompson stuff ( :eek: ) and keep it closer to $600.

    Any suggestions?

    Hi Steve - I can help you put something together for $600. Check the website in my sig file and drop me an email if you're interested. I'm north of Boulder. I saw your other post - I've also got a disc tab facing tool if you need.

    Dave
  • 03-17-2004
    BillT
    Check out Red Barn Bicycles
    I've been working with Chad at Red Barn Bicycles (www.redbarnbicycles.com) and he has given me some excellent prices on my Blur frame as well as the components to build it up with. He's been excellent to work with and I would recommend him to anyone. Check out his site, call him or send him an e-mail and I'm sure he'll get you a good price on what you need.
  • 03-18-2004
    Steve71
    Thanks for the info guys.

    Ignazjr; If you like I could send you the list of parts and you can give me a price. But to be honest, since I live in Denver, I'd have the additional expense of tax, which is something I'd rather avoid. Not trying to put you off, I just don't want to waste your time as price is going to be the main factor in my decision.
  • 03-18-2004
    ignazjr
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Steve71
    Thanks for the info guys.

    Ignazjr; If you like I could send you the list of parts and you can give me a price. But to be honest, since I live in Denver, I'd have the additional expense of tax, which is something I'd rather avoid. Not trying to put you off, I just don't want to waste your time as price is going to be the main factor in my decision.

    Email me what you're looking for and I'll see what I can do. Tax is only 3.7%, not a big deal. We can work around that...

    Thanks,
    Dave
  • 03-19-2004
    Steve71
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by ignazjr
    Email me what you're looking for and I'll see what I can do. Tax is only 3.7%, not a big deal. We can work around that...

    Thanks,
    Dave

    ATM I'm trying to work out what I want in the kit. I'll probably run it past the guys in the "what bike to buy" forum. Once that's done, I'll shoot you an email - Prob. Tuesday next week. Thanks.