Where can I get a Marzocchi Z.1 Light???- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2005

Where can I get a Marzocchi Z.1 Light???

I am desparate to find an '06 Marzocchi Z.1 Light fork soon. I was wondering if anywhere still sells it and if I can find it for a reasonable price? Used is fine, acuatlly preffered...

Thanks.

banned
    I gots one, it's all black from top to bottom, but it ain't for sale

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Thanks for rubbing it in.

How about an '07 Z.1 RC2?

R.I.P. DogFriend
    I tried to find one back in November of 2006 and they were all gone then. If you find one, grab it and consider yourself lucky.

Ended up with an All Mountain 1 and like it a lot, but the Z1 Light seems like it would have been sweet.

Trophy Husband
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    I gots one, it's all black from top to bottom, but it ain't for sale
    JC, you should just donate it to Boulder Biker. You don't use it anyway...you're always on mtbr.
    Extreme stationary biker.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffj
    I tried to find one back in November of 2006 and they were all gone then. If you find one, grab it and consider yourself lucky.

Ended up with an All Mountain 1 and like it a lot, but the Z1 Light seems like it would have been sweet.
    I got mine from the classifieds here in I think October of 06. I lost a bunch of auctions on fleabay. There was an amazing coincidence on the last one I lost. Someone outbid me in the last minute. I went to ride a trail in upstate NY and saw a guy had one on his bike, so we chit chatted and it ended up he was the winner! I told him my username and he said, "That was you???" That was funny. Mine was on the classifieds for a month or so, which was odd. I took a chance and messaged the seller and then had it the next week. Didn't see one go since.

Quote Originally Posted by geolover
    JC, you should just donate it to Boulder Biker. You don't use it anyway...you're always on mtbr.
    Hahahaha...good one...this is from yesterday's ride:

mtbr member
    May 2005

just some info you might like to know...

JC, if you don't already know about it, the reason you were out bid at the last second is because the guy was using a "snipe." It is the only way to do ebay because you will always outbid someone at the last second if you have your price set right and you don't even have to bother being there at the end of the auction - you could be out riding instead and be winning the auction while everyone else is sitting around their computer wondering how you out bid them at the last second... Just sign up for free at www.justsnipe.com, but keep it relatively secret if you don't already use it, otherwise we will all be paying more in our mtn. biking ebay auctions...

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Re

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/16007-315_MARZ16-3-Parts-59-Forks/Accessories/Marzocchi-Z1-Sport-Suspension-Fork-'06.htm

banned
    not the same thing.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    not the same thing.

I just bought a used one off pinkbike. Price wasn't great, but it's what I wanted. Should be here by the beginning of next week

Pete

If it looks like it works and it feels like it works...Then it works

banned
    Very nice. I thrashed mine around for the last few days, even with my poor technique. I decided to keep mine and just work on my skills.

This is a solid fork and one of the best made for trailbiking with some bigger stuff.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    These guys have it in their on line catalog but, wow, $750? Call 'em and see what they say.

http://www.cactusbike.com/store/cont...uct_id=FRKM032

Who are the brain police?
    When I was on the hunt for one I found a handful of places that listed having it, until you called them.

As said, the 07 z1 rc2 is the next best bet unless you can't deal with the color..
    The Who - Glittering Girl
    Ween - The Grobe
    Yellowman - Strong Me Strong
    all your base are belong to us

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

06 Z1 light

I've got a new one installed on a Titus Supermoto that hasn't seen a trail yet. I've been focusing on the road recently, so this fun bike hasn't made it out yet and probably won't.
    Let me know if you're interested, because I'll probably be parting the bike out to make room for a 29er SS. Isn't it funny how interests and styles change.

Sean

mtbr member
    Jun 2005

mtbr member
    May 2005
    that's a 66, quite a bit more travel/wieght than my frame and riding can handle...

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    yeah i suppose it is. my mistake.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    no problem, thanks anyway.... I ended up going w/ an '06 TALAS 36 R fork off ebay for cheap.

Buy this http://classifieds.mtbr.com/showprod...uct=8646&cat=8 and a $150 ETA cartridge from marzocchi and your set. Z1 Light for $400.

Sorry, couldn't resist. It needs to find a home...

mtbr member
    May 2005
    a week ago i would have gone w/ that but I'm a new owner of a talas 36. Thanks though.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Boulder Biker
    a week ago i would have gone w/ that but I'm a new owner of a talas 36. Thanks though.
    that's a good deal, i have one on my RFX and like it a lot! someone should snap it up...

mtbr member
    Hey guys, this fork is really really really hard to find !!!! Theres one on my LBS but those idiots don't want to trade it in for my almost brand new 66 rc2x 2006 :cry:

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    I emailed this guy a while back about selling me his Z1 light and, at the time, he said he didn't want to part it. So I went out and bought a Z1 RC2 ETA instead. Then day before yesterday he emails me saying he sold the frame and now has the Z1 light for sale. Dammit, Jim I'm a mountain bike rider not a bricklayer! You might wanna email him and see if he still has it. Seems like a stand-up guy.

Oops - here's the link:

http://denver.craigslist.org/bik/396665432.html

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

The Denver CL 2006 Z1 Light is still available...

Steerer tube is 7 5/8" long, too short for me.
    Looks to be in decent shape, some scratches on lowers.
    The owner is looking for approx $400 shipped.

banned
    Jeez, can't even find the 07 RC2 anywhere anymore. Bought one last week for my gf's bike and now they're all gone...

Members who have read this thread: 0