What's A Good Cold Weather Jacket, Deals?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

What's A Good Cold Weather Jacket, Deals?

Looking for a decent cold weather riding jacket. I won't be riding in snow, maybe some rain, water-resistant would be good.

Is Gore-Tex the must have material or are other brands of water resistant fabrics good too? The Gore-Tex stuff is pricey, like over $200, way over my pocket for a jacket I will only use a few times/season. I'd like a bright yellow or flourescent color since it'll be used for night road rides too.

Any suggestions and experiences with good jackets that don't break the pocket book? Thx.
    We Ride In God's Country!

mtbr member
    I bought an Jacket last year made by Endura. Absolutley fantastic jacket! Waterproof, breathable, looks and fits great! I wear a heavy jersey under it and I'm all set.

Five is right out
    Sep 2006
    Goretex has the biggest advertising budget. It's not the best material. If you want waterproof/breathable, get eVent- it's considerably more breathable but from a much younger company so it's not as well known or as easy to find.

One Gear
    +1 on the Endura jacket. At 6'3" nothing is long enough in the arms or the waist. The Endura fits great and is completely waterproof.

Members who have read this thread: 0