Land of the 230+

UPCOMING eBay Site-wide coupon 10%-15% off Sunday 12/16 7AM -7PM PST

eBay Site-wide coupon 10% Electronics, 15% other categories on Sunday 12/16 ( 7AM PST to 7PM PST)

Code: PRESENTSGALORE

Set an alarm or reminder and have at it!

Dont forget to piss and moan about it not being 20%! We need your ungrateful comments to keep morale at an all time low for the holiday!

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    If only there was a coupon that was on Eastern Standard Time.....and was 21.7%
    If only......
    (ps...thanks for posting)

Land of the 230+
    Quote Originally Posted by the mayor View Post
    If only there was a coupon that was on Eastern Standard Time.....and was 21.7%
    If only......
    (ps...thanks for posting)
    Copied directly from the posting so there could be no confusion! Unfortunately this renders the coupon code completely useless for anyone living on the east coast. I'd consider buying plane tickets to the west coast on ebay with the coupon code.

BOOM goes the dynamite!
    Dangit, they need to show us some midwest love, 25% style. Sorry, woulda posted this too except I was too busy shipping something I sold on ebay. lol

Land of the 230+
    Quote Originally Posted by noapathy View Post
    Dangit, they need to show us some midwest love
    If you start driving your tractor now, you can get to the west coast in time.

BOOM goes the dynamite!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuitsBoy View Post
    If you start driving your tractor now, you can get to the west coast in time.
    Welp, there goes my sleep schedule. Heading out now! Thank god they raised the tractor speed limit to 25mph.

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Lmao. this thread is awesome.

Land of the 230+
    Quote Originally Posted by matt.s67 View Post
    Lmao. this thread is awesome.
    If you like this thread, you're gonna LOVE anger's duplicate ebay coupon thread. Its like getting to read the whole thing over!

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    UPCOMING eBay Site-wide coupon 10%-15% off Sunday 12/16 7AM -7PM PST-but-wait-theres-more.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Stupid question... But how do these discounts work? Are all sellers taking a 15% hit on their sale prices? Is eBay giving away money? Does this apply only to Buy it Now or auctions too? Thanks

Land of the 230+
    Quote Originally Posted by spec47 View Post
    Stupid question... But how do these discounts work? Are all sellers taking a 15% hit on their sale prices? Is eBay giving away money? Does this apply only to Buy it Now or auctions too? Thanks
    Stupid answer... eBay is taking the hit, apparently, at least on the site wide sales. I believe it's an effort to get buyers and sellers to favor using eBay's internal payment processor instead of paypal. eBay and paypal went through a messy divorce, and theyre both trying to buy our affection with presents like this coupon code.

Some ebay coupon codes (not this one) only work with specific vendors, and it seems there is a coordinated effort to temporarily raise prices in order to offset the coupon code. Not sure if ebay is eating the loss on that one and the sellers are simply greedy, or if its an agreement between the sellers and ebay.

As for auctions, presumably it would work, but youll have to find an auction that ends during or slightly before the coupon code is active, that way you can apply the code when you make the payment.

Now please edit your post to add some complaining or sarcastic remark so we can move on with our day. We cant have this thread bogged down with useful information.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    In my experience, you can only use this on Buy It Now items. Or more specifically, you can only use it on things where "Add To Cart" applies.
    That said, I haven't tried to use it on a single item (from either Auction or Best Offer after accepted), where the payment process *does* have a coupon/code field. The reason I haven't tried that is that I always have a bunch of smaller items when I'm using these coupons, so I am sort of "forced" into Cart mode.

I would definitely be interested to hear from anyone who has successfully used these codes during payment for an Auction or Buy It Now.

BOOM goes the dynamite!
    Ebay notifies some of its preferred sellers of these upcoming sales/codes, which is how these have been getting leaked (or ebay leaks them and pretends they're not). You can be sure some/many increase prices if they have advanced knowledge to take advantage of unaware shoppers. It used to mostly happen with the "select sellers" discounts mentioned above, but now it's whichever sellers seem to be willing to risk losing the sale and/or annoying potential customers. Works out a little better for ebay since a higher selling price equals a higher fee rather than taking the entire hit on the discount. They're already getting a nice chunk of change on every sale, so the sellers are the ones really paying for this.

Regardless, it's pretty clear their interest is NOT in saving the average consumer money. If you have a watch list you may want to take note of the price(s) when you add to see if the seller has increased prices in anticipation of the discount. Personally, I don't make the purchase when it happens but if you do, at least make an informed decision.

*/ end potentially useful info

*/ begin random rant

My complaint about Mr. Harry Paratestklez

I apologize for my gross inability to gracefully articulate my thoughts in light of the storm raging in my head, but I'll do my best to explain why I contend that Mr. Harry Paratestklez truly gives me the heebie-jeebies. Let me give you a vastly oversimplified yet still basically true explanation of why I say that many, many people have been hurt by Mr. Paratestklez for daring to encourage students to be bold, independent, and creative thinkers. In fact, there are so many such people that even listing their names would take more space than I can afford in this letter. In their honor, though, I will say that Mr. Paratestklez alleges that ableism is a beautiful entelechy that makes us whole. This allegation is false and can be construed only as a part of an effort to teach loquacious concepts to children.

All in all, Mr. Paratestklez ignores a breathtaking number of facts, most notably:

Fact: The entire goal of Mr. Paratestklez's incessant vexatious litigation is to create problems that our grandchildren will have to live with.

Fact: I, speaking as someone who is not an ethically bankrupt, predatory palterer, am burning to know what kinds of abominable, twisted reasons exist in the heads of those who take over society's eyes, ears, mind, and spirit.

Fact: Different people often see the same subject in different lights.

In addition, a central fault line runs through each of his biases. Specifically, it's not the bogeyman that our children need to worry about. It's Mr. Paratestklez. Not only is Mr. Paratestklez more petulant and more power-hungry than any envisaged bogeyman or bugbear, but by etiolating his enemies, Mr. Paratestklez has erected a monument to Bonapartism. Only it does not seem proper to say that such a thing has been “created”. “Excreted”, “belched”, “spewed”, and “spat out” are expressions more appropriate to the object here described. You see, we must overcome the fears that beset us every day of our lives. We must overcome the fear that Mr. Paratestklez will produce culturally degenerate films and videos. And to overcome these fears, we must create bridges between marginalized people and then extensions outward to broader constituencies. It is a cardinal principle that I speak from experience. And that's why I say to you: Have courage. Be honest. And lift the fog from Mr. Harry Paratestklez's thinking. That's the patriotic thing to do, and that's the right thing to do.

*/ end random rant

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    LMFAO. Had now idea coupon hunting could be so much fun. I've been too busy stocking my cart for Sunday to see what's going on over here at MTBR cheapskates sub-forum. Love it. Well I don't know how I do it but I managed to find another thousand bucks of bike stuff (and home improvement stuff) to buy, so i'll be needing both ebay accounts this time to max out the 15%.

Seriously time to check myself into bike rehab. hahaah. flunk that, i can't ride bikes while in rehab. maybe tomorrow, today I bike.

Land of the 230+
    Truth.

Mr. Paratestklez raised the price of the items in my eBay cart only moments before checkout. If I hadn't taken the time to check to see if activejunky cash back would stack with the ebay coupon, I might not have noticed and would have paid entirely too much for my blazing hot pink size xxxxxxxxxl crotchless chamois liner, and pair of dice shaped presta valve caps.

Land of the 230+
    Quote Originally Posted by Anger View Post
    LMFAO. Had now idea coupon hunting could be so much fun. I've been too busy stocking my cart for Sunday to see what's going on over here at MTBR cheapskates sub-forum. Love it. Well I don't know how I do it but I managed to find another thousand bucks of bike stuff (and home improvement stuff) to buy, so i'll be needing both ebay accounts this time to max out the 15%.

Seriously time to check myself into bike rehab. hahaah. flunk that, i can't ride bikes while in rehab. maybe tomorrow, today I bike.
    My cart's been stocked up for a while. I've got nothing to do but kill time waiting for the code to go live. Might as well have a little fun with it in the meantime. I'll try and find an interesting way to Number-2 all over your thread too so you dont feel left out.

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    Not a competition haha. this thread is perfectly fine. I jumped on that 10% coupon a couple weeks ago like a premature rookie shopper. oh well. I always "need" stuff sooner than later so what's 5% between friends? Crap, I shudda waited haha. I bought some nice LED lights for the garage that I won't be installing for a while. Whelp, I'll just have to rob the liquor store on my bike ride home, to keep supporting my bike addiction. Let's hope the cops don't feel like chasing me today.

Land of the 230+
    Quote Originally Posted by Anger View Post
    Whelp, I'll just have to rob the liquor store on my bike ride home, to keep supporting my bike addiction.
    How on earth would that help? I'd just wind up drinking all the profits and spend the night impulse shopping for bike parts I dont even need.

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    How on earth would that help? I'd just wind up drinking all the profits and spend the night impulse shopping for bike parts I dont even need.
    dammit, get out of my head !!! lmfao. that is exactly what I'd do. Hell, I'd one up you and buy two of the same thing, once while piss drunk, once in the morning while still piss drunk. True story. but they weren't bike parts and I was able to sell the second set of speakers (5 speakers times two orders) for a slight profit. oh those drunken nights I barely remember hahaha.

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    These treads pushed me to actually get the eBay app. Spend money and SAVE !!!!

Barely in control
    There's a code for today, too. Same deal.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    All these good codes helping me prepare for the 2 week international trip...except now I'm "complaining" the coupon for tech is only 10%. I need one more item: sony noise cancelling headphones. But the 15% codes have made the cost of travel incredibly nice. Thanks to all who post.

BOOM goes the dynamite!
    Quote Originally Posted by Schulze View Post
    There's a code for today, too. Same deal.
    And another thread, of course.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by westin View Post
    All these good codes helping me prepare for the 2 week international trip...except now I'm "complaining" the coupon for tech is only 10%.
    If you find a cooperative seller who doesn't mind high maintenance buyers, you might ask them to change the category. Yesterday I had a GPS seller move a Garmin from consumer electronics to Cycling and got the 15% code for Sporting Goods.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    The code in OP is showing not valid.
    There is a different 15% code today for home goods only.

I'm not complaining, I got my fill on Thurs and Sat codes. But I'm curious what happened to the OP code.

Land of the 230+
    I feel like I'm on crazy pills. I can't find the original SD thread on this code anymore. I'dggest I may have imagined the whole thing, but there's another post backing this code up. Well crap. Sorry guys. No idea what happened.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Hey, thanks for the effort. Blame the slickdealer.

FWIW, I have the original URL for the slickdeal, but it has since been deleted and is redirecting to the SD homepage.

You still provided a service: all the time I spent prepping my cart for this Sunday code proved very useful for the Thur and Sat codes!

Land of the 230+
    Figures this would happen. I just lost a tooth on my eagle cassette last night and figured I'd pick one up cheap today. Oh well. Guess I'll just quit riding bikes.

BOOM goes the dynamite!
    Figures this would happen. I just lost a tooth on my eagle cassette last night and figured I'd pick one up cheap today. Oh well. Guess I'll just quit riding bikes.
    We all just got to the West Coast. At least we can still get some stuff for 15% off (PDECKTHEHALLS) but no sporting goods...there is no spoon.

(so now you can get 15% off spoons?)
    -------------

T&C:

How to redeem your Coupon:

Shop for eligible items. (See below for exclusions).
    Enter the Coupon code in the redemption code field: PDECKTHEHALLS
    Pay for your item by 11:59 PM Pacific Time on December 16, 2018

Terms & Conditions:

The Coupon is a 15% discount, valid from 4:00 AM PT on December 16, 2018 until 11:59 PM PT on December 15, 2018. No minimum purchase required. The Coupon discount is capped at a maximum value of $100. Discount applies to the purchase price (excluding shipping, handling, and taxes) of eligible items on ebay.com, ebay.ca, and cafr.ebay.ca. Eligible items include items purchased from the following categories: Home & Garden, Baby, Pet Supplies, Crafts. Coupon must be used within a single transaction (and can include multiple eligible items), while supplies last. Max one redemption per user.

Only eBay users registered on ebay.com, ebay.ca and cafr.ebay.ca, with an address located in the United States, Canada, Latin America or the Caribbean are eligible for the Coupon. Valid only for purchases from ebay.com, ebay.ca, and cafr.ebay.ca. Any unused difference between the discount amount, as shown on the Coupon, and the purchase price of an item(s) in a single transaction (or cart) will be forfeited.

Coupon is subject to U.S laws, void where prohibited, not redeemable for cash, has no face value, and cannot be combined with any other Coupon, or when paying with PayPal Credit Easy Payments or Gift Cards. eBay may cancel, amend, or revoke the Coupon at any time including in response to fraudulent activity.

Land of the 230+
    Quote Originally Posted by noapathy View Post
    We all just got to the West Coast.
    Sorry you needlessly took the long trip, but don't even think about asking me to reimburse you for tractor oil and mileage costs. You knew the risks. At least you got those new banjo strings youve needed for a while.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Son of a......
    I forgot to check out with Friday's code....
    Didn't use Saturday's code .....figuring I'd throw in some last minute gifts today.....
    Annnnnddddd....nothing.Worst thing ever!
    Maybe they'll have a 17.3% code later this week...that will be EST specific

BOOM goes the dynamite!
    Sorry you needlessly took the long trip, but don't even think about asking me to reimburse you for tractor oil and mileage costs. You knew the risks. At least you got those new banjo strings youve needed for a while.
    We'll be a pickin' and a strummin' in style on the way back. It'll be a hoot!

Land of the 230+
    New 15 percenter today. POPUPSAVINGS