mtbr member

Tree Fort Bikes..any one shop there?

I take it this is a pretty new online place, although they have been in their shop for five years(only know cause I called them). Prices are pretty darn good. Has anyone placed an order with them yet. I've got nearly 2 grand worth of stuff I'm about to order from them, so if there is anything fishy let me know. Thanks.
    -Cranked

ol'guy who says hi &waves
    I've used them a few times. Good prices. No complaints from me.

I may not have the best of everything, but I have the best everything that matters.

mtbr member
    Good news Fred, and puts my mind at ease, Thanks.
    -Cranked

mtbr member
    Never a problem ..........................Great prices.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Their shop is located about 20 miles from me. I have not personally purchased much from them, ( I have a closer LBS that I deal with) but they are great guys and very supportive of the local MTB scene. They even have a Micro Brew named after them. I would trust them totally.

mtbr member
    I agree, the prices seem to be close to e-bay stuff out of Hong Kong, which is to say hard to believe. But I rang them up with some questions to feel them out and it all seemed up and up. I'm just trying to cover all bases here so I'm not the next SOB whining about Beyond Bikes. Appreciate your .02 cents worth guys.

tl1
    Bicyclist

They're a local shop in...

...Southern Michigan that enjoys a very good reputation. I haven't dealt with them but I've read many good accounts of them here: www.mmba.org Ask at the MMBA site if you want more opinions from customers.

BTW, they seem to have the best prices anywhere on Magura forks, I've been very tempted to buy one there.

mtbr member
    I've used them multiple times. They have GREAT prices and they are very supportive locally. I use to see their racers all the time but not so much this year. I would definitely use them. If I had to say anything negative, it would be that they don't ship very fast. I also suffer from instant gratification.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    They are probably about 5 miles down the road from me. I stop in there every now and then. Seems like they have their online deals are little different than in person. Some stuff online isn't in the shop, etc. But still a great group there.
    Last edited by dnale; 08-26-2008 at 07:04 AM.

mtbr member
    they're good people. like the posters above stated, very active in the local scene and virtually everyone that deals with them is happy with the transaction.

mtbr member
    No problems from me.....2 orders and counting.
    Click That Sh*t

mtbr member
    Sep 2003
    +1 for no worries. Fast shipping & great prices

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    I ordered from them last week, and just received the order today. Great prices, so far so good. I didn't like that I had to order online instead of being able to call in the order, but otherwise I'm a happy camper.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Great Customer Service! Just make sure you want the item or it's the correct item! 15% restock fee on exchanges, returns, etc, etc.

Bicyclochondriac.
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Cranked
    I take it this is a pretty new online place, although they have been in their shop for five years(only know cause I called them). Prices are pretty darn good. Has anyone placed an order with them yet. I've got nearly 2 grand worth of stuff I'm about to order from them, so if there is anything fishy let me know. Thanks.
    -Cranked
    Ordered once from them. Great price and fair shipping. I would order from them again.

i am, therefore, i ride
    Once you try them, you will keep coming back. Best customer service, very competitive pricing, super fast shipping.... what more could you ask for? 2 thumbs up!
    "Life is good..... enjoy it !!!!!"

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I bought a Garmin 705 from them. They were one of the first to get it in, and they had the best price.

No problems....
    2008 Stumpjumper FSR S-Works
    2005 Stumpjumper FSR Expert Disk

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Three orders with them and counting!

Great prices and reasonable shipping times. Some reviewers complained about the slow shipping times, but compared to other (unnamed) online shops, I would say they are equal or faster!

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    great prices...great communication...three orders and if needed more...

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Just got an $800 dollar order. I thought the prices were good and shipping was fast.

brand newb
    May 2007
    I just ordered a front Stroker Trail from them for $118 and free shipping. That's better than ebay. I ordered on Saturday, I can post a report on shipping time, etc. later.

brand newb
    May 2007
    Thought I'd drop back in and mention that I received my shipment from these guys on Monday. So I received my order in 6 working days, or 7 USPS mailing days. Price was great on the Hayes brakes too. I'm satisfied!

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I ordered from them a month ago. The prices are awesome as you have found out but the shipping time is only so-so. My order took 3-4 business days to ship and then another couple to arrive. Including weekends it was a 'receive the second week' kind of deal.

I would deal with them again as I have no complaints but be aware of the shipping times.

mtbr member
    Ok, so I put the order in and had one problem with the whole deal. The front brake (avid ultimate) was left out or forgotten. I was worried that they would say that their records showed it shipped already and leave it at that. Fortunately they found the brake and priority shipped it to me. So that was the one small hitch with 1700 dollars worth of gear. Overall I would use them again, I think it was an honest mistake they made and took care of it right away.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Cranked
    ...Appreciate your .02 cents worth guys.
    this would be 2/10ths of a cent. 2 cents should be represented as 2 cents, 2 with the cent symbol - c with a verticle line through it or $0.02.

Just a pet peeve of mine

brand newb
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jbsmith
    this would be 2/10ths of a cent. 2 cents should be represented as 2 cents, 2 with the cent symbol - c with a verticle line through it or $0.02.

Just a pet peeve of mine
    Or even 1/50th of a dollar???

Stone Jack Baller
    I ordered a cassette and chain from them Thursday afternoon. They sent me an email saying that I missed their 3:00 cut off, and that it would ship on Tuesday . I guess they don't ship on Fridays or Mondays? On top of that, it will take 5-10 days after that to arrive, so it will be a couple of weeks, from order time, before I get it. Oh well, it was a good deal anyway.

"Tragically Flawed"
    Quote Originally Posted by jbsmith

Just a pet peeve of mine
    Actually, it would be 2/100ths of a cent.

I once asked a grocery store guy why they didn't just round up an item to a full penny- it was marked at .99(cent mark). He was not amused.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    I bought an AC 29'er wheelset for a crazy price. everything went well. like others said, it took them a while to ship it, but other than that, it was great.

mtbr member
    Placed an order on Tuesday of this week and received it today (Saturday). Was able to get a Ritchey saddle with free shipping that I could not find anywhere else. Thinking about ordering some pedals now. They seem to have pretty good prices on Shimano SPD.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Don't bother trying to email treefort about parts availability. They NEVER reply (in my experience) even though the entire site is set up to have you email them about stock.
    BTW, their website designer needs to be taken out into the woods.
    And left there.

Other than that, treefort is one of my favorite online bike shops.
    Last edited by kenja; 10-02-2008 at 08:46 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I'd highly recommend them - had a couple of orders from them and came exactly as promoted and very quickly. Mike built a Voodoo for my wife and I ordered one for myself. Definately order from them again!

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I live about 4 minutes from the shop, Most of the guys in there are pretty cool, Some, not so much. They have GREAT prices online, which is why if I see something I like in the store I go home, order it, and go pick it up later that day... They need time to "process the order."
    adam michigan karate monkey

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kenja
    Don't bother trying to email treefort about parts availability. They NEVER reply (in my experience) even though the entire site is set up to have you email them about stock.
    BTW, their website designer needs to be taken out into the woods.
    And left there.

Other than that, treefort is one of my favorite online bike shops.
    I've sent three e-mails over the last couple of weeks, all responded to within a day.

So far so good, placed a few-hundred-dollar order late last week.

My only constructive feedback is that there are some inaccuracies in the item descriptions on the site that make it hard to determine if you've got the right item. Adding manufacturer item #s might help.

Legend
    Nov 2004
    I was looking for some parts online for my cross bike and found that TreeFort pretty much had everything I needed. So, I started building my order and started wondering where my money was going. Checking the address, it's in Ypsilanti, MI ... I live in Windsor, Ontario which is about 45 minutes away! Perfect, I called them asking about in-store pickup and it turns out there is a pickup option for shipping ( I am just blind apparently ).

Anyhow, long story short, they had everything I wanted and got it in stock quickly (most of my stuff was "uncommon" and wouldn't be something they'd have on-hand). They were very nice, only complaint is that they had a glade plugin behind the front counter that was WAYYYYYYYYY too powerful; honestly almost made me have to leave.

Good guys, nice shop (completely reasonable sized, well laid out), good stock in store. Nice to see a storefront and meet the people you are dealing with.

Members who have read this thread: 0