mtbr member
    Jun 2018

Too good to be true?

I found this deal browsing online and it just seems too good to be true to me. I'm not experienced enough to make that call on my own to I need your help!!

Click Here for the "too good to be true deal"

I recently bought a Fuji Nevada 1.1 and would like to upgrade the coil fork. If this deal is legit I'm going to make this purchase.

However, I spent quite a bit of time on Google looking at images of Fox forks and cannot find a single image of a Fox fork with the same graphics/logo as in the image on this site, or with matching specs, or original price point before the crazy discount.

mtbr member
    Chain reaction is a trusted place to buy parts.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    May 2014
    This is an oe fork from a legit retailer. This is a performance series fork. It doesnít have lsc threshold adjustment the higher end models have. It does have compression adjustment just like the newer model. That adjustment isnít all that necessary. It likely is coming off a bike they are installing a newer fork on to sell as a new model year bike or they are parting the bike out to make some cash. IMO itís a steal @~$350. Iíve never bought anything from crc, because of a few reasons 1)I switched to sram, 2)brexit, 3)No more cheap shimano parts 4)shipping times and 5)most importantly VAT/Tariff confusion. Did you try checking out see how much it is out the door. It wonít come with a shock pump and spare stickers as you get when you buy from the aftermarket. Getting a used pike maybe a good idea if you want slightly more travel and a cheaper fork.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Thank you for the replies. Looks like I'm going to make the purchase as this seems like this is a reasonable upgrade for my skill level at an incredible price.

Land of the 230+
    I just bought a manitou magnum from CRC and it arrived in perfect condition in under a week. Ive had a few orders from CRC and they have all been perfect.

As for that particular fork, its a solid choice but keep in mind they also have the Float 34 performance for the same price. The F34 is a stiffer chassis and will do better at longer travel if you ever progress towards full suspension, or if you weigh above average. The downside is that youll likely need a new air tube (around 30 bucks) to reduce travel to be compatable with your hardtail, but it may be worth it to get the F34 over the F32.

But if your a light weight, and you'd rather save a few grams, the F32 with grip damper is a fine fork indeed.

mtbr member
    CRC is an excellent retailer. I have never had an issue with them.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by GuitsBoy View Post
    As for that particular fork, its a solid choice but keep in mind they also have the Float 34 performance for the same price. The F34 is a stiffer chassis and will do better at longer travel if you ever progress towards full suspension, or if you weigh above average. The downside is that youll likely need a new air tube (around 30 bucks) to reduce travel to be compatable with your hardtail, but it may be worth it to get the F34 over the F32.

But if your a light weight, and you'd rather save a few grams, the F32 with grip damper is a fine fork indeed.
    I went with the 32 to try and trim some weight off my bike. I live in flat Michigan so there's not a lot of big downhill riding. Most of the trails near me tend to be up and down, up and down, up and down (you get the idea)... about a 100 ft or so.