starbike.com (Gypzybikz) - Any Experience?- Mtbr.com
    MSH
    mtbr member

starbike.com (Gypzybikz) - Any Experience?

Hi All,

I did a search on these guys and with the exception of one individual that consistently endorses them I can't find much feedback. They seem to have the best price on 07 XTR cranks now, so I was possibly going to purchase through them.

Thanks,
    MSH

TurnURComputerOff&GoRide
    As long as you don’t need it urgently.
    They have great prices on Schwalbe tires – but it does seem to take a while for the stuff to be shipped and delivered.

That said – when I emailed them for progress updates, they were quick to respond and helpful.

100% recycled
    Quote Originally Posted by MSH
    Hi All,

I did a search on these guys and with the exception of one individual that consistently endorses them I can't find much feedback. They seem to have the best price on 07 XTR cranks now, so I was possibly going to purchase through them.

Thanks,
    MSH
    Would that be me?

My last order over easter was delayed for about a week and a half, but I think I got a discount out of it.

The postage is cheap, but is german post airmail- I have no idea about times for the US, but its 2-3 weeks for Australia.

Go faster!

Smile

I had good experience with starbike. Very good prices normal time to ship to Portugal. Good.

Are you gonna eat that?
    I just bought 970 XTR cranks, derailleurs and shifters from these guys.

Great prices ($650 for the lot instead of $950+ through Jenson), shipping took uh, 10-12 days or so I think.

Shipping's the only issue I have with these guys, the DHL package tracker is completely useless, even after the box arrived the tracking doodad insisted it was still in Germany.

The speed didn't bother me since it's going to be another week and a half until my 5.5 frame shows up anyway.
    Due to a lack of interest, tomorrow has been canceled

wandering lost
    Nov 2006
    They were great for me - and as you noted they have excellent prices on tires and XTR components, as well as the Syntace torque wrenches (and lots of other stuff too, but those were the things I needed at the moment). Shipped to Canada and arrived in 8 or 9 days, zero problems.

Very helpful, and good responses to e-mailed questions. Thumbs up for them.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Starbike has been consistently good for me

I've been on a work assignment in France the last couple years, and have used Starbike several times. They have always shipped quickly and the service has been good when I've had problems. I wouldn't have any concerns about ordering from them -- they are a credible, responsive shop -- but try to avoid being in hurry on any internation transaction.

I travel to the U.S. regularly, so I can be selective as to where I buy my parts, but I've noticed that Europe pricing on new Shimano gear is generally cheaper than the U.S. So I bought my '07 XTR brakes and other Shimano stuff from German web retailers, including Starbike.

One caution: I would strongly discourage using Starbike's wheel building services -- I had them build up some XTR/819 wheel for a co-worker, and they arrived perfectly round and true BUT with massive variations in spoke tension, many spokes literally unmeasurable with the tensionmeter (WAY too loose - they could be jiggled with two fingers) and others far too tight. When I complained, they credited me the cost of the wheel build (which is the responsible thing to do, but its still a shame that anyone would build such a piece of crap wheelset).

Members who have read this thread: 1