Thread: starbike.com

mtbr member
    May 2005

starbike.com

jhow is their service and accountability? I'm living in canada.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    I bought XT shifters and XT crankset about a month ago from them. They arrived about two weeks later. No original packaging but they were brand new, never mounted as far as I could tell. Never spoke to them.

Hack Racer
    Good store. Good place for weight weenie parts such as Tune. Best prices for Tune parts I find.

The reason why some parts don't come in boxes is that they are "grey market" OEM parts. Meaning the parts were meant to be supplied from component manufacturer (shimano, sram, campagnolo) to the bicycle maunfacturers (specialized, giant, cervelo, kona whatever). They some how got the OEM stuff and are selling them minus the accessories which in the case of the XTR M970 crankset means it is missing the bearing preload adjustment collar tool, and the crank extractor tool.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Right, OEM parts. My XT stuff came with everything the aftermarket XT stuff would - including all the spacers which I was nervous wouldn't be there. Price was outstanding. Now that I think about it, shipping was more like 10 days rather than the 2 weeks I said above. Packaging was pretty shitty, though.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Thanks. I ordered today from starbike. 30 minutes later said the order was sent... BTW, I also ordered from chain reaction today. Starbike is even cheaper on some Shimano parts for me (CAN$). It should depend of the currency rates...I'll do a follow up.

Members who have read this thread: 0