Shimano UN73 Square Tapered Bottom Bracket at REI $4.83- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Shimano UN73 Square Tapered Bottom Bracket at REI $4.83

Just stopped by REI today to search for a UN54 square tapered bottom bracket, but I ran across a UN73 of the same size, and it was only $4.83. The UN73 model is discontinued.

You'll have to ask to see the bottom brackets in their drawers in the bicycle workroom because they are not stored out on the floor (at least not the one I went to here in west central Houston). Make sure there is a sticker that will ring up with the discounted price (it won't have a price on it) and check the price using the price scanner they have out on the floor. The original sticker will have a $34.00 price tag.

Only disclaimer I can make is this is from my experience, so I can't guarantee this will be the case at your REI.

Lance

goes well with tea
    Aug 2006
    Wow, that's pretty ridiculous. Has anyone else tried this? Was it a mistake in the Houston store, or are they really selling them for $5?

Which way? Uphill.
    Yeah, I picked up a Un53 for $7 the other night and a UN72 for $5 last night. The selection is pretty limited, but I think they are doing the extra 50% off prices ending in .83 through the weekend.
    Blog

Just keep spinning. Just keep running. Just keep paddling.
    Just keep moving forward.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    I went to local REI to buy bb today. they only had un53 for $6.83 but I bought TRUVATIV BLAZE ISIS crankset for $19.83 instead of BB.
    also they have shimano deore crankset for $24.83. deore shifter (9 speed) for $19.83.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kimguroo
    I went to local REI to buy bb today. they only had un53 for $6.83 but I bought TRUVATIV BLAZE ISIS crankset for $19.83 instead of BB.
    also they have shimano deore crankset for $24.83. deore shifter (9 speed) for $19.83.

man, i just went to rei - the blaze crankset was 54.....i guess the markdown comes off at the register?

if so - im grabbing it tomorrow...it'll be nice to have a 3rd ring for the downhill commute to work....plus ill have my current crankset w/ bash available for off-roading.
    Oh noes. I'm going to drink the Kool-Aid.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jcaino
    man, i just went to rei - the blaze crankset was 54.....i guess the markdown comes off at the register?

if so - im grabbing it tomorrow...it'll be nice to have a 3rd ring for the downhill commute to work....plus ill have my current crankset w/ bash available for off-roading.
    I exactly did what OP said.
    bring some items to price scanner.
    when I scaned the item, the price was $19.83.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    hmm....they had it locked up and i didnt see the price scanners anywhere.

oh well, always tomorrow...or hmm...what time do they close....might have to take a quick jaunt back over!
    Oh noes. I'm going to drink the Kool-Aid.

Members who have read this thread: 0