Is this a scam?- Mtbr.com

Thread: Is this a scam?

BH1
    mtbr member

Is this a scam?

Hey guys, So I'm shopping around for some Avid Juicy 7's and found a pretty good deal on eBay...N.I.B., F & R 7's w/ 203mm rotors for $258. Great deal!!, until I find the exact same listing from another seller, but in the same location. hmmm. Scam? If not, which person do I trust?

Links:

1) http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-2007-Avid-Ju...QQcmdZViewItem

2) http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-2007-Avid-Ju...QQcmdZViewItem

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Use the report link at the bottom of the auctions to report this to Ebay, See what they make of it. Could just be the same seller using 2 differnt IDs!

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    looks like somebody got a hold of a wholesaler, if you aren't sure who to go with, i would go with the one with higher feedback.

Don't think its a scam, they are both buy it now's, but i'm no e-bay expert by any stretch, so don't hold me liable!!!!!

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

feedback differance of 98.3 vs 99.8 is huge.

98.3 may sound good but when you consider that this doesn't include neutral reviews and people who don't review for fear of feedback retaliation its not very good at all. On the other hand 99.8 is a very good feedback score.

If you go by the numbers you are almost 9 times more likely to have problems with the guy with the lower feedback score.
    TEX

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by texas
    98.3 may sound good but when you consider that this doesn't include neutral reviews and people who don't review for fear of feedback retaliation its not very good at all. On the other hand 99.8 is a very good feedback score.

If you go by the numbers you are almost 9 times more likely to have problems with the guy with the lower feedback score.

particularly when you note that the guy with the 98.3 score only has 58 feedback while the higher score has 2367.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    The listings are identical from the same location so you should assume its the same person. I suggest you email the seller(s) and ask. Both are covered under paypal but if you are worried about one being better than the other go with the one with the higher number of reviews (also has higher feedback %). The other seller's feedback percentage is misleading because the number of reviews is lower.

Knolliac
    I bought a set of J7's from twelveicat (the second link above) and they were shipped to me in less than a week across the country. No scam here just a great deal on J7's.

Members who have read this thread: 0