Pricepoint credibility- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Pricepoint credibility

I need some new shifters for my road bike, and PricePoint has the Ultegra 9-Spd STI shifters for $220. The same shifters are $320-$340 at every other online place I checked out.

I've never gone through Pricepoint. Any thoughts on them? The lower the price the better, but I just want to be sure I end up getting what I purchase.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I have ordered from pricepoint and have been pretty happy. I have used them for price matches and returns without a problem. That sounds like a wild deal!!

banned
    Pricepoint is totally credible. Not perfect, but pro all the same.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    I love Pricepoint. No problems, ever.

tcufrog02
    Pricepoint is one of my favorites.

No, that's not phonetic
    They are good. Some people have complained about their 'tude or CS, but I have always had fine experiences with them even when returning an item.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy
    They are good. Some people have complained about their 'tude or CS, but I have always had fine experiences with them even when returning an item.
    Yeah, they are a funny sort when you call them and get a price check. I called about some forks and the CS person told me 100 dollars over what they were advertised on their site. I mentioned that to him and all he said was, "yep."

/gC

gmoney was gmoneybike

No Problems

I've Ordered from PricePoint a handfull of times, never had an issue.
    Were looking at balz

mtbr member

No Problems but...

... others have reported problems with them. This usually centers around the fact that PP sometimes advertises a great price on a product because it is an OEM. The posters who complained didn't like this, and felt this was a misleading practice. I have purchased new in box and OEM parts from them without any problems, but I also didn't care if the product was OEM, as long as it worked and was a good price. Therefore, if you don't mind the shifters being OEM then you shouldn't have a problem.

Also, regarding my experience with returns, their CS was exceptional!
    It is difficult for some people to use the two words "too" and "to" appropriately.

"I had to go where I went, to get where I am. Any other path would have taken me elsewhere, and I may have missed the joy."

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Never a problem

mtbr member
    Price point is great... Fast shipping. Standard shipping rate unlike some companies like Jenson which will charge hell for tyres and such. And they have great CS even on returns...

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I've only had limited experience with this store, but I've found that they ship quickly and the prices are very fair. They're located in California, so I have to pay tax and shipping, but usually the price is so much lower than my LBS; and since they're relatively close, UPS Ground only takes one day to get to me. I've never had any problems with 'em.

mtbr member
    Another good experience. I buy lots of stuff on the net, and never had any problems with pricepoint. If they have the best price, then vote with your consumer dollar!

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I've dealt with Pricepoint and never had any issues. I just ordered some parts at universalcycle.com as well and their customer service is very personable. Not a big fan of JensonUSA tho. Hope this helps your decision making.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I've always had good luck with PP, I order lots of things from them.

Space for rent...
    Yup...good company. Used them 5 or 6 times without any problems.
    It's only pain......

mtbr member
    I hope that you are from. I ordered a helmet and other things from them about a month back. Becuase I was from overseas they said that I had to provide a photocopy of my credit card along with another form of identification inline with their policy. I was recently burnt doing this , so I sent an email back saying that I wouldn't be providing my details and they should cancel the order. They then sent the package anyway. Sorry for venting, but I had to get it off my chest.
    Contrary to most other people I have had nothing but good times ordering from JensonUSA, Beyondbikes and Chainreaction cycles.

Hapyy procuring!

3 "fiddy" for short
    I have used then many times and have always had a good experience.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Performance has those shifters for $199. PP will match though.

Members who have read this thread: 0