Is Performance the worst online dealer?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2005

Is Performance the worst online dealer?

I've put 2 orders with them. The first time, my order was supposedly "lost" in the system. Called back and found out the item I was interested in was not available in my size anymore.

Now this time, the order is being held in Fedex no man's land. The tracking number says the address is incorrect even thought I receive about one order every 2-3 days. I don't know who to blame. In the end, it's been 21 days since I ordered and I still have not gotten my package.

One thing sure is that they are not getting any more business from me anytime soon. That'll save my inbox the flood of Performance spam I am getting.

Was that a Bobcat?
    Yes.... from my personal experience (two online orders... both did not fall through and on top of that they took away some of my previous points, from past in store purchases, away.) IMO Performance sucks and will not get any of my business.)

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    That's odd. I've ordered from them many times and never had a problem. I guess I'm due for a screw-up, hope it's not on the order I placed last night.

We get titles?
    No, they're extrememely reliable. I've made countless orders over the years and can't remember a single thing going wrong. Their prices aren't usually the best, but when they put shimano stuff on sale AND you can use a coupon, you can get some good stuff.

I'd like to see somebody from performance put up a post here saying, "Is marcgbeauchamp the worst online customer?"
    Quote Originally Posted by trogdor
    I think everyone who wears a helmit should carry around an old crank arm, then when you see someone without a helmit on, give them a good wack in the head. That'll teach them to flaut their helmit-less noggins out in public.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Well...

I've had a lot of orders go through with them no problem, but right now I can't get them to let me purchase some items using the same card I've always used. I've tried twice and always the same result. I'll go to a local store and try their red phone but I would sure like to know WTF is going on with a longtime customer (that would be me).

We get titles?

You guys just inspired me to place an order

You guys just inspired me to place an order.

I'm putting together a new bike and I was debating whether to use an old saddle or spring for a new one. I got one they had onsale for $29.99 - an '05 WTB Pure V ProGel saddle that originally sold for $99. With the $5 offf coupon and the 25 cent shipping, thats a bit of a killer deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by trogdor
    I think everyone who wears a helmit should carry around an old crank arm, then when you see someone without a helmit on, give them a good wack in the head. That'll teach them to flaut their helmit-less noggins out in public.

Bunny Hugger

The Worst?

Far from the worst IMO. I have never had a problem with receiving my orders that I placed online. I've had only one problem with them and that was when I renewed my Team P membership. They mistakenly issued me a new number and took away my existing points under the old number. One call and they took care of the mistake, gave me a choice of membership numbers, restored my previous points, and gave me an additional 2000 points on top of it for my trouble. Their customer service is as good as any business in any industry.

And once the package has left their warehouse, then the responsibility shifts to the shipping company. FedEx has your package; don't blame PBS. Call FedEx and discuss it. FedEx customer service is tops in the business world too. They go above and beyond, which is more than can be said about UPS. Bravo Zulu to FedEx and PBS.
    Hug the Bunny

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    No...

NASBAR is the WORST!

tl1
    Bicyclist
    Quote Originally Posted by corprin
    No...

NASBAR is the WORST!
    I never have any problems when ordering from Nashbar even though the same company owns both Performance and Nashbar.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Nope they've always been reliable for me and their liberal return policy is one the best in the business. The only thing that bothered me recently was that they automatically charged my credit card for a Team Performance renewal. I would have done it anyways but still.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    from the posts i've read, beyondbikes is the worst.

banned
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by amor587
    Yes.... from my personal experience (two online orders... both did not fall through and on top of that they took away some of my previous points, from past in <iframe border=0 frameborder=0 framespacing=0 height=1 width=0 marginheight=0 marginwidth=0 name=new_date noResize scrolling=no src="http://www.anrdoezrs.net/click-2087274-10453324?cm_ven=CJ&cm_cat=1477339&cm_pla=2087274&c m_ite=NEW+-+Performance+Bicycle+" vspale=0></iframe><iframe border=0 frameborder=0 framespacing=0 height=1 width=0marginheight=0 marginwidth=0 name=new_date noResize scrolling=no src="http://www.tkqlhce.com/click-2087274-10461127?cm_ven=CJ&cm_cat=1477339&cm_pla=2087274&c m_ite=New+-+Bike+Nashbar" vspale=0></iframe>store purchases, away.) IMO Performance sucks and will not get any of my business.)
    I am sorry to hear that. I have been ordering from performance for over 2 years and I have never had any problem with them

Members who have read this thread: 0