Devil Mtn

performance: free shipping to store?

What's the deal with the free shipping to your local store? I tried having a small order shipped to my local store and it wanted to charge me for shipping. Is there a minimum amount or something? I'm a team performance member if that matters.

ong
    mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    No, there's no minimum -- it shouldn't charge you anything. You might need to call their toll-free number if the Web site insists you need to pay (sometimes the site is kind of hinky).

It takes FOR-FREAKING-EVER to get there, though... like 2 weeks even if they have the product in stock and available.

mtbr member
    I thought you had to order it from the store (some special batman phone in the store), but could be wrong.

ong
    mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    They finally changed that incredibly asinine policy. I did that a couple of times, which always meant riding about eight miles out to the store to MAKE A PHONE CALL, riding home, then riding back out there a week later to pick up the stupid order. I complained pretty loudly to their customer service number!

Friendly Neighborhood MTBer
    Order from the store, free shipping. Order from the internet, $50 minimum, for free shipping to the store. I don't know when their policy changed but that's what it is now.
    If you can't play, display.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ong
    It takes FOR-FREAKING-EVER to get there, though... like 2 weeks even if they have the product in stock and available.
    The actual shipment-to-store of your order depends on whether and when the store has any other orders being shipped to it.

I've had ship-to-store orders get the store in a couple of days after placing the order, and I've had it take two weeks.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I quit ordering from performance when they opened a store in-state and started charging sales tax. The only "deals" now are on the performance brand junk they sell.

I did buy a trainer there a couple of years ago. I called and they had it in stock, so I asked them to hold it for me. I drove 150 miles that weekend to pick it up and they had raised the price $40 when I got there. Haven't been back since. They're the walmart of bike shops....without the low prices.

Members who have read this thread: 0