found this ad on craigslist in the bay area...don't understand it, probably less than half what the bike is worth. i'm wondering what i'm missing.....

2003 XL Santa Cruz Blur XTR full suspension mtn bike - $1100

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: [email protected]
Date: 2004-03-03, 5:47AM PST

This bike was built and ridden by a mature professional bike mechanic about 15 times. The bike is in new condition (with the exception of the saddle which is a couple of seasons old). There is some dust on the bike; and a few scratches on the rear derailleur ( it functions perfectly). The bike is equipped as follows: Blur frame with 5th Element rear shock. Fox racing Float RLC 100 front shock. Yeti ARC carbon riser bar, Shimano XT Rapidfire 9spd shifters, XT brake levers, Avid Single Digit Titainium brakes. Orbit Extreme Pro Cartridge bearing headset(better than King). Thompson USA seatpost and stem. Shimano XTR front and rear derailleurs. Brand New (not ridden) Race Face Evolve XO forged crank (22/32/44) FSA PLATINUM ISIS Bottom bracket bearings. XTR hubs with titanium cassette body and rear axle. SUN METAL USA hard annodized 32h rims hand built with Wheelsmith XL 14 and 15 ga butted spokes and alloy nipples. NO PEDALS come with the bike. I will be happy to answer any questions regarding this fabulous bike which I must unfortunately sell to pay for my new house. My loss is your gain. Have fun riding the best full-sus bike you can buy! Buyer to pay actual shipping costs.