mtbr member

NIagara Cycle Works

Just throwing out some props to the folks at Niagara Cycle works. Two orders. Both delivered fast. First one, I ordered the wrong color and sent them an email. Fast response and we worked out something.
    Just like to throw out kudos...
    Last edited by muddywings; 02-22-2011 at 09:37 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I've ordered form them in the past. best prices and fast, cheap shipping. good people. they really need to advertise more. they use amazon for their marketing... probably do OK though.

mtbr member
    Bought some stuff from them through Amazon. I had the items two days after it shipped, took 4 days total and I ordered on the weekend.

Good stuff.

MTBR Member
    Good people. I ordered a part from them that was lost in the mail, and they were willing to cover shipping the second time around - certainly more helpful than the post office was.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Also good experiences and will continue to do business with them, wide selection and good reasonable shipping prices based on what's bought.

banned
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by muddywings
    Just throwing out some props to the folks at Niagara Cycle works. Two orders. Both delivered fast. First one, I ordered the wrong color and sent them an email. Fast response and we worked out something.
    Just like to throw out kudos... <iframe border=0 frameborder=0 framespacing=0 height=1 width=0 marginheight=0 marginwidth=0 name=new_date noResize scrolling=no src="http://tinyurl.com/235btls" vspale=0></iframe><iframe border=0 frameborder=0 framespacing=0 height=1 width=0 marginheight=0 marginwidth=0 name=new_date noResize scrolling=no src="http://tinyurl.com/27shlk6" vspale=0></iframe>
    I ordered from them last year and had a great experince with them

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    My first experience with them was certainly not a good one. I order a total of 9 items, 6 of which were tires. 2 of the tires were the wrong size (2.25 in the box vs the 2.4 on the packing slip), and one item was completely missing. Took a week to ship out, and 4 days to arrive after that.

I contacted them about it, they blamed the tires on an error in the item listing, which appears to still be wrong on Amazon. They offed to exchange the tires, but there was no offer of expedited shipping and I didn't feel like hanging up the bike for another couple weeks. I asked them to credit the difference in the tires and the missing part. I don't suspect I'll shop with them again.

I quit e-MTBR
    I feel like there are a number of better online options out there, in terms of price, selection, and service. Their return process is a little more hassle than normal, in my experience. No bad experiences with them, though, and if they had a deal on something I'd order from them.

SS Pusher Man
    I had ordered some Avid Juicy brake pads from them a while back, price matched and all....took about a week to get them here in So. Cal.
    Bicycles donít have motors or batteries.

Ebikes are not bicycles

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Another week has passed. Despite asking for a refund of the part that didn't ship, they told me they would ship it out anyway. I left Amazon feedback, which got me a fairly immediate response in which they accused me of being unclear in the refund request. I figure if you order something, its clear you expect it to be in the package. If you ask for a refund when it doesn't arrive, its clear that you no longer want it.

So here we are a week later, no refund AND no part. It was a cheap part, but man, what a hassle.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rashidkpc View Post
    So here we are a week later, no refund AND no part. It was a cheap part, but man, what a hassle.
    Seems like an issue where they had part of order in stock, and a piece needed to be sourced from QBP. So they shipped what was available and waited on the rest.

Think a lot of frustration comes from them and others having to rely on QBP for the obscure items.. and them not getting good backorder dates from QBP. Have seen similar issues with other suppliers. I think they end up getting burned in the end because theyve gotta get the part, which probably isnt on consignment from QBP, customer may not want to wait that long, customer gets all the money back, but the middleman (Niagara, aebike, etc) gets stuck with the object or getting that refunded. Some others force the customer to lose 10-15% of that items amount to help bear that cost back.

mtbr member

orders/

have had super fast shipping to mich.+ great sale prices thru Amazon.no hassles yet.better deals than the bay.http://www.amazon.com/Park-Tool-Prof...9398101&sr=1-1

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Ordered once thru Amazon, quick shipped with no problems.
    It was only a few dollars so.....

mtbr member
    One of the only places in the states that stocks DMR Swopouts so I ordered them and some other stuff a few weeks back.

Good prices, good shipping, but communication was a little slower than I'm comfortable with. I would definitely order from them again.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    i ordered from them a few weeks ago and they didn't put the box in the mail until a week later. Low prices are a lot easier when you don't have to keep stuff stocked...

Members who have read this thread: 0