Nextie Rims on Ebay- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2014

Nextie Rims on Ebay

I just bought this pair:

29er, 35mm/30mm, 32h, 3K, matte - $275 free shipping
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/PROMOTION-S...53.m1438.l2649

I am guessing that these are an old design/model because I had to google the item number to find it:
    [Promotion] [In Stock] [NXT29H11] 35mm Width Carbon Fiber 29" MTB Clincher Rim Hookless Tubeless Compatible

They are selling 650b for the same price and they also have 27mm/22mm on sale for $249 shipped. (all on ebay)

Crossing my fingers that these work out. For the price they don't have to do too much.

Land of the 230+
    I got my nextie jungle fox 2's 27.5x52 for 360 last year from an ebay promotion. They were flawless. A few friends purchased other nextie rims from ebay, and had some very minor aesthetic blemishes, but for the price they were still happy. IME the rims will ride well, and as long as youre not putting them on a garage queen, youll be happy with how they look.

Barely in control
    I got a couple pairs of these a few months ago. The quality is a solid meh. The spoke bed has a lot of burrs and the holes are not drilled at an angle so your spokes are going to be bent at the nipple. There was also a lot of friction in the nipple/rim interface at higher tensions. There are rims with similar pricings at aliexpress.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Looks like they just listed some of their current asym rims, also for $275/pair with free shipping. Thinking about it for my rear wheel... trying to convince my friend to go in with me.

29" 38/32mm AM
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/SALE-Asymmet...item8543ac3dad

29" 38/32 DH
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/SALE-Asymmet...item8543ac3a97

27.5" 38/32 AM
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/SALE-Asymmet...item8543ac461c

Barely in control
    Weirdos made their 29er rims lighter than the 27.5.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Schulze View Post
    Weirdos made their 29er rims lighter than the 27.5.
    460g 29er and 430g 27.5 on website which makes more sense.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I just had a set of these hoops built up by Nextie on Hope Pro 4's.
    Build quality on mine are as good as I have seen from any of the BIG name rim manufacturers.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I built a wheelset using the 38/32 asym rims a year ago and they been great. Angled drilling on spoke holes so they built up well. Tubeless seating/inflating has been easy w/ the Schwalbe and Specialized tires I've used. I'm not hesitant to recommend them, especially at this price.

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by InertiaMan View Post
    I built a wheelset using the 38/32 asym rims a year ago and they been great. Angled drilling on spoke holes so they built up well. Tubeless seating/inflating has been easy w/ the Schwalbe and Specialized tires I've used. I'm not hesitant to recommend them, especially at this price.
    thanks for your input. Looks like current trend is wider, more vertical compliance wheels are preferred.
    How's your experience for vertical compliance?

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetorange View Post
    thanks for your input. Looks like current trend is wider, more vertical compliance wheels are preferred.
    How's your experience for vertical compliance?
    The contribution to riding quality from the vertical compliance of a rim is a myth. Vertical compliance, aka radial deformation, of a tensioned bicycle wheel under normal riding circumstances is on the order of a 1 mm. While the "compliance" of the tire and suspension is on the order of 150-200mm. Good luck feeling that 1mm.

If you're skeptical or want to debate that, search to find dozens of other threads w that over-discussed topic. An objective summary can be found midway down this webpage:Wheel Building Philosophy and Other Info | Nox Composites

My Nextie rims ride fine. I use tire pressure to manipulate radial deformation and rely on the rim for strength, bead seat integrity and lateral stiffness.

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    The contribution to riding quality from the vertical compliance of a rim is a myth. Vertical compliance, aka radial deformation, of a tensioned bicycle wheel under normal riding circumstances is on the order of a 1 mm. While the "compliance" of the tire and suspension is on the order of 150-200mm. Good luck feeling that 1mm.

If you're skeptical or want to debate that, search to find dozens of other threads w that over-discussed topic. An objective summary can be found midway down this webpage:Wheel Building Philosophy and Other Info | Nox Composites

My Nextie rims ride fine. I use tire pressure to manipulate radial deformation and rely on the rim for strength, bead seat integrity and lateral stiffness.
    got it. Thanks for your quick reply.

mtbr member
    Dec 2015

Just bought some plus rims

I was trolling their Ebay page waiting for a Premium 40mm (i34) 27.5" rim to show up for weeks and nothing. Building up a new rear wheel for a bikepacking rig....

I asked Max for a discount on a premium rim and he said he'd do 8%....but that still came out to $230 plus $46 shipping = $276 a bit high for me. So i ordered a single standard rim from them for $180 plus $46 shipping....$226 was pretty decent and only cost me 40g of weight and 2yr warrenty vs 3yr watternty...whatever.

But then today I see a PAIR of premium rims for $304...SHIPPED.Their ebay rims only come with a 1yr warrenty....but I couldn't resist a pair of carbon rims at that price. I'm going to check them out and keep them as "crash replacements" for my current Ibis 741 wheels in the event I break them, or put them on a new build if I'm feeling adventurous.

Barely in control

Good job!

Yep, that's right! The amount of radial force required to deflect even a noodly aluminum rim is massive compared to the lateral force. Carbon helps a lot on the lateral stiffness.

I've been buying these Nextie rims whenever I see a deal I want. Some of them are the premium line with angled spoke holes and better quality construction. The ones I talked about in my first post must have been seconds or something.

Overall a good deal to be rolling on carbon for under $150 a rim.

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    Hmm, found some really cheap 26" Nextie rims, $100 per rim. I don't think they are the premium ones.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SALE-35mm-W...2MbX_3esxnQ6og

Considering picking up a pair for my dirt jumper that I use to race BMX with my kids. They are probably a bit weaker than typical DJ or BMX rims, but I am not really doing anything crazy.

Of course then I would need some new hubs and spokes to go with them...