New local shop with amazing deals- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2006

New local shop with amazing deals

I was driving aorund today and found a brand new shop that is just opening up where I live. The guy is so desperate to get customers, that he is blowing stuff out left and right, even stuff that he has to order in. I ordered a Transition Bottlerocket frame for $200 off the MSRP. I also found out that for the first 20-25 people who start doing business with him, that he will guarantee them 20% of retail pricing for life! It sounded to good to be true, but he put my name at the top of a list on his computer and now whenever I buy anything it pops up to take 20% off. The only problem, is that since he is just starting out, he doesn't have much in stock right now, but he said just ask him for what I want and he will get it within a week or so and also he said if it takes longer than that, he will ship it for free for those that place phone orders. He said the pricing goes for forks, brakes, drivetrain, clothing, wheels basically anything you want. I guess his website isn't up yet but if anybody wants his contact info, just let me know and I will email it to you.

3 "fiddy" for short
    Spill the beans, man!! Who is it, and where is the shop?

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    The shop is in Orem Utah and it is called the All-Mountain Company. The phone number is 801-623-8190. Good luck and hopefully everyone can get the same deals I did. Hopefully this guy does what he says he will.

neutiquam erro
    Almost sounds too good to be true! Hmmm, now what is it again people always say about that? Oh yeah, I remember now!

In all seriousness, I hope this dude is the real deal, but this all just sounds a bit fishy to me. Sorry if I'm being an Eeyore here, but I'm leery of unknowns these days in the wild world of internet and phone sales... Thanks for the offer though.

Cheers, Chris

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I can see why you might be a little leary, but don't all shops offer huge deals right as they are opening? Also all online stores were just opening at some point and how many times have they honestly screwed us over? If they do then they will show up in a forum and nobody will ever buy from them and they will be out of business really fast. As for me I have already seen firsthand that this shop isn.t going to screw us over, if you don't want to take the guy up on these deals then I guess it will be your loss. But I am going to take all the deals I can get to build up my bike.

mtbr member
    can he get santa cruz bikes?

c

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I don't think so. His card said he can get Transition, Commencal, Cove, Appalache, Canfield and he told me he is trying to get IronHorse, Norco and Black Market. Also he can get any fork or brake. I just went back today and ordered some Codes for $375 for the set.

mtbr member
    okay, thanks. Looking for a deal on a Blur LT. But I do think IH is spose to have a nice frame coming out soon.....

cc

Single Speed Junkie
    Seems fairly typical for a new shop to have an opening sale. One locally here (Twin Cities) has been attempting to get up off the ground and running. Unfortunately they are focused to much into the Freeride market when 95% of the trails are all XC.

Don't know if he will make it in this market, but hopefully he can gain some traction as we could really use an alternative to the chain bike shops that seem to plague our area. Have even started to help out a bit by bringing in the fixie and single speed crowd.

Members who have read this thread: 0