My Weyless XP experience w/Supergo- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2004

My Weyless XP experience w/Supergo

A couple weeks ago I found the $329 deal on the Weyless XP from Supergo's email special. So I ordered the large and then waited. I got an email confirmation of the order, then waited, and waited and waited. After a week I got curious so I picked up the phone and called them. Turned out that the order is on backorder. Ok, so lets wait a few more days. Called again. Oh, its been cancelled. But no notification. Oh, yes, the customer service told me that they sent out a postcard. A POSTCARD? They have my email address, they have my phone number but they decide to send a Postcard which took a week for me to get. So what did I do then? Well, I ordered the complete bike since it would be a close build compared to the price of the new bike. And of course they had it in stock. So I wait, and wait and wait. Give'em a call after a week. Yep, the order is on hold since they say the billing address doesn't match the credit card address. And when were you going to let me know this? She hesitates and says she will contact billing to release the order. I'm pissed and wondering why I'm giving them $1200. Becuz its a good deal I tell myself. Well anyway, I fire off a nasty gram to Stupergo and call the next day. Oh, its been shipped and you should have the bike tomorrow (not bad CA to NY).

Wouldn't you know it, it came as promised. No damage. Put it together, Fits great although the top tube is a little high up front. Excellent quality of the frame and components for this price. I'm pretty impressed with the product and seriously depressed with Supergo's mailorder business. Now I'm waiting for the price to drop to see if they will honor there price protection policy.......

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    sounds familiar.

I ordered a light and a chain from them a while ago. After a week or two, I got to wondering where my stuff might be. I called them up and was told they were both backordered. When I asked when they would get the light back in stock I was told that they wouldn't. Well, that didn't sound like a backorder to me, so I cancelled my order.

About a month later, I was looking through my credit card bill and saw that they had recently billed me for the price of the light. I called them up to find out what was going on, and was told that the light had been shipped and should arrive that day. I told them that I had cancelled the order, and they told me that only the chain had been cancelled.

When I got home I found the light sitting on my doorstep. It had obiously been used and then returned - the box was held together with scotch tape, and it was missing any owner's manual... but it works just fine,and for the price it was worth it.

I the end, i was glad that they shipped it out... but still, they never cancelled my order when the item was "permanently backordered", and then shipped it after I cancelled the order... strange way to do business.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chris1k
    ...Fits great although the top tube is a little high up front.....
    Yeah, I think Supergo should have designed a bent top tube into that to give a little more standover. With bikes having taller 130mm forks nowadays, they can' t puttin on straight top tubes anymore IMO.

Or they can do what Iron Horse did on the 04 Hollowpoints and run a lower top tube and then have tall seatube with a big gusset.
    Give me a big scoop of Manteca!

jrm
    mtbr member

comparing sending a post card and e-mailing you

Quote Originally Posted by chris1k
    A couple weeks ago I found the $329 deal on the Weyless XP from Supergo's email special. So I ordered the large and then waited. I got an email confirmation of the order, then waited, and waited and waited. After a week I got curious so I picked up the phone and called them. Turned out that the order is on backorder. Ok, so lets wait a few more days. Called again. Oh, its been cancelled. But no notification. Oh, yes, the customer service told me that they sent out a postcard. A POSTCARD? They have my email address, they have my phone number but they decide to send a Postcard which took a week for me to get. So what did I do then? Well, I ordered the complete bike since it would be a close build compared to the price of the new bike. And of course they had it in stock. So I wait, and wait and wait. Give'em a call after a week. Yep, the order is on hold since they say the billing address doesn't match the credit card address. And when were you going to let me know this? She hesitates and says she will contact billing to release the order. I'm pissed and wondering why I'm giving them $1200. Becuz its a good deal I tell myself. Well anyway, I fire off a nasty gram to Stupergo and call the next day. Oh, its been shipped and you should have the bike tomorrow (not bad CA to NY).

Wouldn't you know it, it came as promised. No damage. Put it together, Fits great although the top tube is a little high up front. Excellent quality of the frame and components for this price. I'm pretty impressed with the product and seriously depressed with Supergo's mailorder business. Now I'm waiting for the price to drop to see if they will honor there price protection policy.......
    The post card (even if sent in bulk)would be more expensive. What is up with performance and supergo?

TT.
    wheeler
    Feb 2004
    I ordered a small orange as well @ the sale price of 329... next morn. I get an email that there is a problem with my zipcode and order's been cancelled(funny, it looked right on the order confirmation sheet I printed out ) so whatever, I call them up, while I'm dialing the # I check the site and see the price went up WTF?? I'm thinking)
    they did honor the lower price and put my order through, the frame came in Sat. (less than 5 bus. days to NJ... not bad @ all Supergo...
    the frame looks amazing btw
    I Ride, I Know

Trail rider and racer
    This story will all the other Supergo/Weyless stories tend to lead me to think that whilst the deal is totally great - it truly is too good to be true.

I don't think anyone has had a 100% flawless order getting a Weyless XP.
    Trev!

change is good
    Sep 2004
    I paid $399 and according to their web site they wouldn't return the difference when the price dropped to $329 because the frame was purchased via email and it wasn't a whole bike purchase. I should of been more assertive. I probaly would of recieved a refund. When my mechanic removed the bearing to check for proper assembly it was somehow defective. He called Performance and they sent out a new bearing. I also had to buy a 410mm seatpost. I had a short ride today, and the bike felt surprisingly light. It weighed a hair over 29lb on the shop scale with heavy XC components. It doesn't ride as well as my XTR equipped Blur, but I am wondering because of the price difference, would I buy the Blur over the XP if I had to chose between the two. I do recieve excellent service from the LBS that I purchased my Blur from however.

mtbr member

I got mine

I got a black xp about a week and a half ago with no problems. I ordered at the $329 price and received the shipment 2 days earlier than expected. This thing does ride well. As the other poster said below - it's not quite like his blur - mine's not quite like my tracer either.

I've got mine built up with parts from another bike, weight is probably around 30 pounds. Some heavy parts - z1 qr 20 fork, big rims and tires. Overall, I'm very pleased to have another option to ride for the technical riding up here in Ottawa.

mtbr member
    mine arrived ontime, but when the Mrs. brown santa claus handed it to me it fell right out of the box.
    thankfully everything was still there and undamaged.

im waiting for a new fork to arrive that has a long enough steerer.
    been looking at it in the garage for more than a week, half built, chomping at the bit

TT.
    wheeler
    Feb 2004
    yea, can't wait to buld this badboy up.... my girl's first full sus'er
    my overall experience with Supergo was pleasant. The CS girls were easy to deal with and took care of things rightaway..
    I haven't seen a single xp (or weyless) on the trails here in ON...should be interesting
    I Ride, I Know