Maxxis Tires- Mtbr.com

Thread: Maxxis Tires

mtbr member

Maxxis Tires

Looking to buy a 27.5 2.6 Rekon 3C exo TR and a 27.5 2.35 Ikon 3C exo TR. Any place that has a deal, anyone who is looking to get rid of theirs (even if it's slightly used). I have a Maxxis minion 27.5 2.5 DHF and minion DHR 27.5 2.4 to trade if someone wants those. Thanks!

mtbr member
    May 2011
    If you don't find anything better by Monday, Worldwide Cyclery has them with their 10% off $125 sale.

https://www.worldwidecyclery.com/pro...tubeless-ready
    https://www.worldwidecyclery.com/pro...ss-ready-black

mtbr member
    Thanks! Are they generally the same price all around? I can't seem to find them on a big sale anywhere that's crazy less than other places.

Formerly PaintPeelinPbody
    Generally the best option is go to German retailers.

For example, your Maxxis Rekon 3C MaxxTerra WT 27.5+ Folding Tyre 27.5x2.60 is $58 from Bike-Discount.de.

Downside is that shipping is $28.

What I've done in the past is find a bunch of friends locally (I'm in Arizona) who all want tires, and we go together to buy like 6-8 pairs, which brings the price per tire with shipping down to reasonable levels.

I did the math, and in order for me to break even on a group buy ordering scheme with you I'd need about $68 for that $58 tire, and in that case you're not covering any of the the from-Germany $28 shipping. Considering you can find them online in the USA for $64 with free shipping, that don't make a lick of sense.

Where this plan does work is with Schwalbe Tires. The German sites sell these super cheap, like $40 USD or less. Get 4 Schwalbe tires (that normally sell for $65-$75 stateside) for under $200 shipped, and it's totally worth it.

If anyone reads this who lives in AZ wants to buy a few Schwalbe tires, hit me up.
    GIS/GPS Pro using ArcFM for Utility Mapping - Always willing to connect with other MTBers in the industry.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigtinius View Post
    Thanks! Are they generally the same price all around? I can't seem to find them on a big sale anywhere that's crazy less than other places.
    Jenson USA has the same pre-discount price, otherwise you're on your own. If you're patient, I bet you could find some "open box" or OE takeoffs.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Wheelworld.com has a 20% code currently ("FLASH") that stacks on top of sale prices. You can get the 3C EXO 27.5x2.6 Rekon for $51.19.
    Shipping and tax might kill it for most.

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by PHeller View Post
    Generally the best option is go to German retailers.

For example, your Maxxis Rekon 3C MaxxTerra WT 27.5+ Folding Tyre 27.5x2.60 is $58 from Bike-Discount.de.

Downside is that shipping is $28.

What I've done in the past is find a bunch of friends locally (I'm in Arizona) who all want tires, and we go together to buy like 6-8 pairs, which brings the price per tire with shipping down to reasonable levels.

I did the math, and in order for me to break even on a group buy ordering scheme with you I'd need about $68 for that $58 tire, and in that case you're not covering any of the the from-Germany $28 shipping. Considering you can find them online in the USA for $64 with free shipping, that don't make a lick of sense.

Where this plan does work is with Schwalbe Tires. The German sites sell these super cheap, like $40 USD or less. Get 4 Schwalbe tires (that normally sell for $65-$75 stateside) for under $200 shipped, and it's totally worth it.

If anyone reads this who lives in AZ wants to buy a few Schwalbe tires, hit me up.

I do the same thing in MI on the local facebook page in Metro Detroit, never got one bite. I order enough things for my toys to make the $28 pay for itself and then some.