banned

Looking for a female friendly 4 inch travel frame

Wife wants a lighter weight xc frame instead of riding her 6 inch all mountain rig. Saw the BMC frames on Jenson but can't find any reviews. Anybody have any ideas?

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    My wife really likes her Juliana. Don't know if there are any great deals on it, but it's a good value at regular price.

Titus also makes some nice small frames.

Birdman aka JMJ

Titus Racer X

My wife has 2001 Racer X (80mm travel w/ a link at the shock). A great light frame, available in XS size.

JMJ

The Martian
    Jan 2007
    Define "female friendly". This really depends on your wife's build, not necessarily the fact that she's a woman.

If by "female friendly" you mean your wife is exceptionally petite then Yeti ASR, Titus Racer X, and Rocky Mountain come to mind as companies that make XXS frames, but most major brands now carry a women's specific XS option (Trek, Giant, Specialized, Santa Cruz, etc etc etc.)

Anyway, I've never ridden BMC but one of the shops I frequent carries them. I've heard good things about them.

Legend
    Nov 2004
    Pretty sure "female friendly" would be "female geometry" (logic would state). I believe the average female requires a shorter top-tube due to generally non-male shaped bodies.

My buddy's wife has a Juliana and loves it. A friend who is a sponsored Brodie rider has a Mettle Team (I think, it's like a cyan colour with orange backing on the logos); she loves it as well.

banned
    Got an email from Santa Cruz Friday night small Nomad frames for $995. She's getting rid of her old AM frame cause it was a sh!tty climber. Very good deal if anybody's lookin.

Members who have read this thread: 0