looking for a deal on spinergy xyclone disc- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2006

looking for a deal on spinergy xyclone disc

anyone know where I can get a really good deal on a spinergy xyclone disc wheelset?
    Thanks

mtbr member
    The best deal [brand new] from a real dealer is going to be Kim's Bike Shop on Ebay: http://stores.ebay.com/Kims-Bike-Sho...QQftidZ2QQtZkm

I searched for awhile and picked up a near perfect cond used set on Ebay for a better discount, but those delas are very hard to find depending on your time frame.

Good luck.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    yeah, I've seen Kim's. it still ends up being $500 with shipping. I don't wanna spend anymore than $450 all together. I know its only $50 more, but when you reach the $500 level, it makes it seem more expensive than it should be. I just got outbid on ebay it sold for $300 for a used pair.
    I found some new xyclone race (yellow) for $350 if anyone is interested: http://millrace.com/page.cfm?pageID=323 ...scroll down to the bottom.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by confuzshuz
    yeah, I've seen Kim's. it still ends up being $500 with shipping. I don't wanna spend anymore than $450 all together. I know its only $50 more, but when you reach the $500 level, it makes it seem more expensive than it should be.
    Believe me, once you have them in your hands, you'd be stoked that you only paid $500 for a killer, very unrated wheel set.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Slack_er
    Believe me, once you have them in your hands, you'd be stoked that you only paid $500 for a killer, very unrated wheel set.
    Man, you're making me want these wheels more than I wanna pay for them. I should have bought them at price point when they still had them.

Out of curiousity, what bike do you have it on? I want these for my 05 stumpy fsr.

mtbr member
    I got them on my '06 Giant Reign that I'm about 99% done with the build It's been a long road, but I'm almost there.

mtbr member
    Got them on my Spec epic, and they are awesome!I can't believe no one else rides on 'em. Anyway, i got mine from Beyond Bikes, then found out about Kims, and the price matched. I tried ebay, but it seems the used sets were selling for more than retail. Go figure!

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Slack_er
    I got them on my '06 Giant Reign that I'm about 99% done with the build It's been a long road, but I'm almost there.

that ride looks SIC....and its so clean.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007

most under rated wheel.

I have them on a 05 fsr. The wheels are great strong and underrated.have taken heaps of abuse and stayed true. Even had a stick caught in the rear wheel and the spokes flexed and have returned to their original shape. I have the white spokes and they look sweet with a black fsr stumpy

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I couldn't resist.....I ended up buying some! But I'm too lazy to put it on my bike right now.

Members who have read this thread: 0