Long Travel 29 boost fork. Where are the best sites to get a deal?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Long Travel 29 boost fork. Where are the best sites to get a deal?

I'm looking for a RS Pike or Fox 34. Where are the best sites to look for deals?

mtbr member
    Not sure if 130mm is enough for you, but this seems like a killer deal for a Fox 34

https://www.bike-components.de/en/Fo...17-OEM-p61616/
    My MTB adventures! Subscribe & Like!

http://toogyhowsermtb.com

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Toogy View Post
    Not sure if 130mm is enough for you, but this seems like a killer deal for a Fox 34

https://www.bike-components.de/en/Fo...17-OEM-p61616/
    Indeed it looks like a killer deal... picked up one.. fingers crossed

mtbr member
    I ordered one last week, should get it late this week or early next! The green might clash with my bike but thatís what they make replacement stickers for right?

mtbr member
    So I just got it today and the best part is it doesnít have the green logo!! Itís got a stealth logo!

Student of the Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Toogy View Post
    So I just got it today and the best part is it doesnít have the green logo!! Itís got a stealth logo!
    Thats good news, glad it worked out. Any chance you have the ability to throw that thing onto a scale? I'd love to know weight. I'm contemplating a change from my current Magnum Pro.

Thanks
    CJB

mtbr member
    I don't have an accurate enough scale handy, but this guy weighed one for reference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgTPOqD3Kdw

Student of the Bike
    Thanks, thats good enough for me.
    -CJB

Is dang happy!
    I ordered mine a couple months ago and it came with green stickers.

Ordered some orange stickers to match my bike and stuffed a 3.0 Minion in it.

They still have them available for $230 shipped.

Long Travel 29 boost fork. Where are the best sites to get a deal?-27591077_10214991029920162_1349720941_n.jpg
    The wheel is a extension of the foot

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I think the gloss black model comes w/ the green stickers, and the matte black model comes with the stealth stickers. They have both in stock.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    I ordered the Matte version. Cant beat this deal

Dave's not here.
    Anyone know how this would compare to the RS Yari RC?
    Yo no hablo inglťs

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Can these be raised to 140mm?

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    How long did shipping take on these suckers?

mtbr member
    I ordered mine on Feb 15th and got it in Canada on Feb 23rd.

遅すぎ
    Apr 2008
    Got mine in less than a week in the US.

Barely in control
    I ordered one. Also wondering if the travel can be extended.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by eonicks View Post
    Weird. I have a 2018 140mm boost 29er Rhythm on my bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Short-Change-Hero
    If you are interested in trying a different brand that is making a name for itself again (much like Manitou has) SR Suntour has the Demo To Your Door (DTYD) program where you can demo some of their best forks for a small fee (believe the fee is applied to your purchase if you end up purchasing through them).

Been riding a SR Suntour Auron for little over a year now and really like it. Just upgraded the damper to the PCS RC2 damper (my was the base model as that was all that was available when I purchased) and it is a considerable difference. Still tuning it as I have only had a handful of rides but so far I have been impressed. They also have the Upgrade program, which many have heard of and used to upgrade their lower end forks to the Raidon.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Doom View Post
    I ordered mine a couple months ago and it came with green stickers.

Ordered some orange stickers to match my bike and stuffed a 3.0 Minion in it.

They still have them available for $230 shipped.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	27591077_10214991029920162_1349720941_n.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	1186796
    Hard to tell from the pic. How is the clearance with the 3.0 Minion? I am looking to see if my Rocket Ron 3.0 will fit in this fork.

Rent this space for $
    Thinking of grabbing one of these for my now rigid Karate Monkey steel frame. It's corrected for up to a 140 and is a Boost set-up with 650Plus. The specs on the fork show it taking up to 27.5x3.0 which is what I'm running. So the big question is, is this fork a POS? I don't expect it to run like Boost Lyrik RT3 but for my steel rig run as my trail work bike and my blast around the trails bike, does it perform pretty well? Pretty tough to go wrong at those numbers. Anybody have any thoughts on 3.0 fitment on the 27.5?

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Oh My Sack! View Post
    Thinking of grabbing one of these for my now rigid Karate Monkey steel frame. It's corrected for up to a 140 and is a Boost set-up with 650Plus. The specs on the fork show it taking up to 27.5x3.0 which is what I'm running. So the big question is, is this fork a POS? I don't expect it to run like Boost Lyrik RT3 but for my steel rig run as my trail work bike and my blast around the trails bike, does it perform pretty well? Pretty tough to go wrong at those numbers. Anybody have any thoughts on 3.0 fitment on the 27.5?
    No comment on the tire fitment... but Iím running a rhythm 34 140mm on my trail bike, and think itís great! Definitely not a pos. Cant tell the difference between it, and other performance 34s that I have ridden. Killer deal IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rent this space for $
    Well...we'll see how it is. I ordered one this morning! My new Monkey will get a taste of squish up front. I'm more of a RS guy but for the coin and some 2017 reviews I have read, it should be a good deal. Can't wait to get it now!

Barely in control
    Since I don't like Fox's tacky gold stanchions, I bought a 34 Rhythm boost 27.5 last year and it's great. From now on the "performance" versions with black stanchions are my go to.

BOOM goes the dynamite!
    Quote Originally Posted by Schulze View Post
    Since I don't like Fox's tacky gold stanchions, I bought a 34 Rhythm boost 27.5 last year and it's great. From now on the "performance" versions with black stanchions are my go to.
    Tacky as in sticky or poor taste? The only thing I heard about Kashima is that it's extra $$ for little to no benefit.

Rent this space for $
    Quote Originally Posted by noapathy View Post
    Tacky as in sticky or poor taste? The only thing I heard about Kashima is that it's extra $$ for little to no benefit.
    I never thought Kashima tasted all that good, either. I "used to be" a Fox guy pre 2016. I was never happy with the performance of the top end forks I had, all with Kashima. I went Pike/Lyrik and haven't gone back. Kashima fits the look of some bikes but I think it sticks out like a sore thumb on most, nowadays. I'm curious how this gray anodizing appears when I get the Rhythm. No way was I putting Kashima on my beautiful Rhymes with Orange and shiny black Karate Monkey!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    In my anecdotal experience the Kashima surfaces are notably more resistant to scratches and scuffs. This would be expected given measurably higher hardness.

Rent this space for $
    Quote Originally Posted by InertiaMan View Post
    In my anecdotal experience the Kashima surfaces are notably more resistant to scratches and scuffs. This would be expected given measurably higher hardness.
    I certainly think there is merit to that observation. One common means of stanchion damage is from rock chips thrown into the stanchions, especially from gnarly tires. My region of riding is predominantly on trails where this is a common issue. I never run a bike with front suspension without a Marsh Guard fender installed on the fork crown. I hear it working well all the time. On another subject, I have had rocks flung at very high speeds into my face and eyes WITHOUT a Marsh Guard installed so I find the fender to be quite necessary on my trails.

Land of the 230+
    Tried very hard to resist this deal, but finally succumbed and placed my order - for two.

Has anyone definitively figured out of this can be extended to 140 in 29" flavor? Regardless, this seems to be nearly identical to the OE fork on the Scott Spark 720. Its the fork my frame was cloned for!

Barely in control
    Poor choice of words on my part. I do not find the aesthetic of the gold stanchions to be pleasing to my eye.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by GuitsBoy View Post
    Has anyone definitively figured out of this can be extended to 140 in 29" flavor? Regardless, this seems to be nearly identical to the OE fork on the Scott Spark 720. Its the fork my frame was cloned for!
    I would think it could. It's the same fork that comes on the Trek Fuel Ex 8 27.5+ & 29'er. It comes at 140 on the 27.5+ and 130 on the 29'er.

This fork is for 29 & 27.5+ tires.

Are you going to try and extend to 140?

Land of the 230+
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Ryder View Post
    Are you going to try and extend to 140?
    I might, but its going to really slacken out the bike. I'm brand new to fox forks, but I assume you can just put the 140mm 27.5 air shaft in the 29er fork?

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Ryder View Post
    This fork is for 29 & 27.5+ tires.
    Assuming you are taking about the discounted fork at bike-components, its actually not a 27.5+/29 fork. Its "just" a 29 Boost fork. It will fit 27.5x2.8 no problem and many 27.5x3 depending on your clearance expectations, but these 29er forks are about 1/2" narrower between lowers/stanchions than the true 27.5+/29 "110 Wide" forks from Fox, which will fit 26x4 and 27.5x3.25 and 29x3 tires.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Assuming you are taking about the discounted fork at bike-components, its actually not a 27.5+/29 fork. Its "just" a 29 Boost fork. It will fit 27.5x2.8 no problem and many 27.5x3 depending on your clearance expectations, but these 29er forks are about 1/2" narrower between lowers/stanchions than the true 27.5+/29 "110 Wide" forks from Fox, which will fit 26x4 and 27.5x3.25 and 29x3 tires.
    According a post on the Kona Honzo build thread, this fork clears 29 x 3 tires....

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?p=13597376

I have one on order, I'll report back on 29+ support once I receive the fork.

Rent this space for $
    Waiting on mine, still. Today is day 6, maybe 7 and tracking has stopped once it got turned over to the USPS. Any day now, I hope!

AOK
    mtbr member
    For about $100 more they also have the Fox 34 Performance version. Not as amazing as the Rhythm deal but still a good deal.

https://www.bike-components.de/en/Fo...kstatt-p61987/

Performance wise I doubt there is much of a difference between this fork and the Rhythm but my understanding is that the Performance model uses the same air shaft as the other 34 models so if you wanted to increase travel to 140 the Performance fork might be the easier route.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Received the fork today. Definitely clears a 29 x 3.0 Chronicle mounted to a 35mm rim.

Out of the box for $230, I didn't expect the fork to feel this good. Fork is laterally stiff, Grip dampener is active and allows for a good amount of adjustment range.

Suppleness off the top is about average, however on the trail the fork is very active and feels plush.

Tuned to the recommended PSI per the Fox site, was able to obtain 20% sag without too much effort.

Fully extended, I measured ~ 135mm of travel.

This fork is a steal, especially at this price.

Rent this space for $
    Great to hear. Now I'm even more excited as I anticipate the arrival of mine. It's slated to be here tomorrow as the tracking finally "woke up" after a lengthy quiet period. I'm taking one of my Karate Monkey's to Sea Otter for the day on Friday so maybe it will be the newest with a fresh fork attached!

Land of the 230+
    Thanks for the review D1PHAM. Does the 2 position sweep knob has micro adjust detents, or is it completely smooth? Just wondering if its possible to consistently re-find your settings after changing them.

Mine cleared customs 30 miles from my house nearly a week ago, with no further updates. What the crap, USPS? Get it together!

Rent this space for $
    Thanks for the review D1PHAM. Does the 2 position sweep knob has micro adjust detents, or is it completely smooth? Just wondering if its possible to consistently re-find your settings after changing them.

Mine cleared customs 30 miles from my house nearly a week ago, with no further updates. What the crap, USPS? Get it together!
    D1PHAM can certainly confirm but I believe I read a review that mentioned there are no detents in the compression adjustment. I'm not clear if their are gradients of change relative to the position of that adjuster, though.

...and that's the sh*ts that you're so close to your new fork with no info. My tracking shows "outbound" from customs in San Fran with a delivery earmarked for tomorrow. Usually they've been true to their schedule but we'll see.

Land of the 230+
    I am nearly 1,000% certain that damping can be set anywhere between the detents. The fit grip damper compression adjustment adds or reduces spring preload on the shim stack. I believe the 2 position and 3 position dampers are identical aside from the extra detent.

And from the Fox website:
    2-Position Sweep Adjust (34mm Rhythm Forks Only): The 2-position lever is useful to make on-the-fly adjustments to control fork performance under significant changes in terrain, and is intended to be adjusted throughout the ride. Turning the lever to the full counter-clockwise position sets the fork in the Open mode. Turning the lever to the full clockwise position sets the fork in Firm mode. The positions between the Open and Firm modes can be utilized to fine tune your compression damping.

Rent this space for $
    Cool beans! Solid info. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I am nearly 1,000% certain that damping can be set anywhere between the detents. The fit grip damper compression adjustment adds or reduces spring preload on the shim stack. I believe the 2 position and 3 position dampers are identical aside from the extra detent.

And from the Fox website:
    Sorry guys long day at work. GuitsBoy is correct. You can set the adjustment anywhere between open and closed.

Land of the 230+
    Looks like the matte black with stealth graphics has sold out. Glossy black/green graphics still in stock.

Rent this space for $
    I got shiny to go with my shiny monkey. I may peel the stickers and go with something else...or nothing at all. It's here today. It's at my PO now.

Rent this space for $
    I got it! It's sweet! Sucks 'cuz I gotta wait till tomorrow when my EC44/1.5 bottom headset shows up. I should have been thinking ahead.

In case anyone is wondering, here's a Nobby Nic 27.5x3.0 on an i40 rim.

Long Travel 29 boost fork. Where are the best sites to get a deal?-20180418_111502.jpg
    Long Travel 29 boost fork. Where are the best sites to get a deal?-20180418_111524.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Good photo. As you can see, clearance is somewhat limited. A 27.5x3 Spec Purgatory on my (same) fork has about 1/4" between the tire and the bushing bulge of the fork, so about the same as you're showing.

Many folks will be happy with this much clearance, but for those concerned with mud (or wobbles should you damage a rim), its a bit close.

FWIW, the "true" 27.5+/29 models with the wider lowers will have an additional 1/4" on each side of the tire (~ 1/2" total on each side).

mtbr member
    Tried very hard to resist this deal, but finally succumbed and placed my order - for two.

EDIT:

Confirmed by Fox directly via phone conversation today,
    The 2017 29er Rhythm can have the travel changed by changing air shaft assemblies.
    The highest the 29er will go is 130mm.
    They said the 2017 and 2018 Rhythm part numbers are the same.

From this page 34mm Part Information | Bike Help Center | FOX under "FLOAT NA2 Air Shaft Assemblies"
    These are the part numbers for the 2017 Rhythm Air Shaft Assemblies (they didnt know what the 150mm listed would fit, i suspect the 27.5):

820-02-369-KIT Air Shaft Assy, FLOAT 34 150, Rhythm
    820-02-372-KIT Air Shaft Assy, FLOAT 34 27.5 120, Rhythm
    820-02-371-KIT Air Shaft Assy, FLOAT 34 27.5 130, Rhythm
    820-02-370-KIT Air Shaft Assy, FLOAT 34 27.5 140, Rhythm
    820-02-376-KIT Air Shaft Assy, FLOAT 34 29 100, Rhythm
    820-02-375-KIT Air Shaft Assy, FLOAT 34 29 110, Rhythm
    820-02-374-KIT Air Shaft Assy, FLOAT 34 29 120, Rhythm
    820-02-373-KIT Air Shaft Assy, FLOAT 34 29 130, Rhythm
    Last edited by k9adv; 04-19-2018 at 09:45 AM.

Land of the 230+
    There was no Rhythm fork in 2016 as far as I know. The 2017 documentation states that it uses a new air shaft, however they do not list part numbers. In 2018, they do list part numbers, but the 29 rhythm only goes to 130, and the 27.5 variant only goes to 140.
    34mm Part Information | Bike Help Center | FOX

What are you basing your response on?

mtbr member
    I will call Fox when they arrive at work today to get a direct answer hopefully with part numbers.

mtbr member
    There was no Rhythm fork in 2016 as far as I know. The 2017 documentation states that it uses a new air shaft, however they do not list part numbers. In 2018, they do list part numbers, but the 29 rhythm only goes to 130, and the 27.5 variant only goes to 140.
    34mm Part Information | Bike Help Center | FOX

What are you basing your response on?
    In that link you provide they do list 2017 Rhythm air shaft assembly part numbers in the table listed as "Float NA2 Air Shaft Assemblies". It shows the 29er having nothing more than a 130mm available (and also a 100, 110, and a 120).

It also lists a 120, 130, and a 140 for the 27.5.

And, interestingly, lists a 150 with neither the 27.5 nor the 29 designation, so who knows what that is for.

I do wish info was clearer and more readily available sometimes.

Hopefully when i call Fox clarity can be gained for all of us. (and it is a straight answer, rather than an under or misinformed employee, as sometimes is the case).

mtbr member
    Here is the only actual pic i have found of a Rhythm air shaft assembly. it is the aforementioned 150mm:
    https://www.foxracingshox.de/2538/se...-34-150-rhythm

And here is a Fox schematic of a 2018 Rhythm air shaft, they look similar, at least :

http://www.ridefox.com/fox17/img/hel...Assemblies.pdf

Rent this space for $
    Got 'er installed last night. Headed for a ride on a new property we cut 11+ miles of single track on that isn't yet open to the public quite yet. So far, this thing is feeling pretty damned good after bouncing it off curbs and general hooliganing in my neighborhood in the dark. We'll see in a half hour!

Jury's out on the green stickers. They do work with my accent bottle and togs but I'm not certain those will remain, either. I just put those on a week or 2 ago.

Long Travel 29 boost fork. Where are the best sites to get a deal?-psx_20180419_085347.jpg

mtbr member
    The 2017 29er (or 27.5) Rhythm can have the travel changed by changing air shaft assemblies.

From this page 34mm Part Information | Bike Help Center | FOX under "FLOAT NA2 Air Shaft Assemblies"
    These are the part numbers for the 2017 Rhythm Air Shaft Assemblies (they didnt know what the 150mm listed would fit, i suspect the 27.5):

mtbr member
    Got 'er installed last night. Headed for a ride on a new property we cut 11+ miles of single track on that isn't yet open to the public quite yet. So far, this thing is feeling pretty damned good after bouncing it off curbs and general hooliganing in my neighborhood in the dark. We'll see in a half hour!

Jury's out on the green stickers. They do work with my accent bottle and togs but I'm not certain those will remain, either. I just put those on a week or 2 ago.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PSX_20180419_085347.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	149.1 KB 
ID:	1193776
    That is looking great, OMS! That is what mine is for too, a Karate Monkey build. it will be for trail riding and bikepacking. I will also keep the rigid fork to swap between the two.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Here is the schematic for the air assembly of the specific 29er fork we're all buying/talking about:
    http://www.ridefox.com/fox17/img/hel...Assemblies.pdf

I know most folks on the thread were hoping to lengthen to 140mm (which isn't possible based on info above), but for those considering shortening, the drawing suggests that it MIGHT be possible to do a DIY hack on the existing shaft. If one has the shop/tool capability to drill a fairly precise hole into cylindrical stock, you could cut off 10-30mm from the piston end of the shaft and drill a new hole for the press pin to re-attach the piston.

Land of the 230+
    I know most folks on the thread were hoping to lengthen to 140mm (which isn't possible based on info above), but for those considering shortening, the drawing suggests that it MIGHT be possible to do a DIY hack on the existing shaft. If one has the shop/tool capability to drill a fairly precise hole into cylindrical stock, you could cut off 10-30mm from the piston end of the shaft and drill a new hole for the press pin to re-attach the piston.
    I havent ever opened up a fox fork, but why cant you simply put a 10mm or 20mm travel spacer in there? Too much volume for the negative spring?

EDIT: Found the answer. By adding travel spacers to the negative spring side, the piston no longer traverses the air transfer port that equalizes the positive and negative air springs. It seems you may get away with one spacer, but certainly not two or more.
    Last edited by GuitsBoy; 04-20-2018 at 01:36 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Knowingly contradicting my own statement above, this adds some intrigue to the max travel discussion:
    Fox Suspension Rhythm Float 29" Fork 2017 | Chain Reaction Cycles

So at least some of the 2017 29er Rhythm models went to 140mm.

I tried calling Fox today to get some closure, but apparently they have an exodus to Sea Otter so no answers to phone calls today.

mtbr member
    As I wrote above, I called and spoke with someone today at Fox.

I started out by mentioning about wanting to get some info about changing the travel in the Rhythm, they literally, immediately, asked if it was a 29er. And when I replied yes, they said "It can only go to 130".

And yes, Ive seen that CRC listing before. and Ive read reports of people saying theyve done it, but no one seems to know what part numbers they used. I'd love to know too.

Someone needs to buy a 140 air shaft, confirm the part numbers, and try it in the 29er.

Rent this space for $
    I'll be at Sea Otter tomorrow on my Rhythm Monkey. I'll ride in to the Fox booth and see what they say and post up if I get the skinny.

mtbr member
    Rhythm Monkey !

I shall have a Purple Rhythm Monkey...

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Finally took the fork out for a proper ride. I'm super impressed. Like the infinite compression adjustment range. Fork rides high in the travel and just performs. Recommended buy.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by D1PHAM View Post
    Finally took the fork out for a proper ride. I'm super impressed. Like the infinite compression adjustment range. Fork rides high in the travel and just performs. Recommended buy.
    Great to hear !

Land of the 230+
    I have to agree, this is a really nice fork for the money. I got mine thursday, and have already put on almost 50 miles of mixed xc and trail. I added a few extra tokens for a total of 4 right out of the box due to my weight, and run 105 psi. Ive yet to fully bottom it out over drops, but Ive gotten very close. Coming from a well worn x-fusion roughcut HLR, I find its missing just a hint of suppleness, but not much. The fork has good seated pedaling characteristics, like REALLY good when seated. Theres a bit of bob when mashing out of the saddle. Firming up the compression helps with this, but at the cost of suppleness when things turn downhill. But all in all, the fork seems to keep up nicely. I expected to be taking a sizeable step down in performance, but was quite happy to see the difference is a lot less than expected. With a few more runs to dial things in and let it break in, it should be really, really close. I expect there will always be nuanced differences, but performing at a very similar level to my last fork.

mtbr member
    I have to agree, this is a really nice fork for the money. I got mine thursday, and have already put on almost 50 miles of mixed xc and trail. I added a few extra tokens for a total of 4 right out of the box due to my weight, and run 105 psi. Ive yet to fully bottom it out over drops, but Ive gotten very close. Coming from a well worn x-fusion roughcut HLR, I find its missing just a hint of suppleness, but not much. The fork has good seated pedaling characteristics, like REALLY good when seated. Theres a bit of bob when mashing out of the saddle. Firming up the compression helps with this, but at the cost of suppleness when things turn downhill. But all in all, the fork seems to keep up nicely. I expected to be taking a sizeable step down in performance, but was quite happy to see the difference is a lot less than expected. With a few more runs to dial things in and let it break in, it should be really, really close. I expect there will always be nuanced differences, but performing at a very similar level to my last fork.
    Great to hear. Where did you buy the spacers?

Land of the 230+
    Got them from Bikeman. They were 2.50 each, and 3.75 shipping.

Bikeman Fox Float NA 2 Air Volume Spacer for 34, 10cc

The fork comes with one spacer installed. I believe the 130mm travel fork will take a max of 5.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Just looking and the matte black with stealth graphics forks are back in stock
    but at triple the price. WTF?

Rent this space for $
    Quote Originally Posted by moto120 View Post
    Last I saw on JensonUSA, it was just under $500. Needless to say, I'm pretty pleased with the deal and definitely the fork!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Anyone figure out how to extend this sucker to 140mm yet?

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by moto120 View Post
    Their webpage is showing both in stock to me: 158 euros for the gloss black and 234 euros for the matte black. Its a bummer that the matte black at 158 are gone, but I would presume that bike-comp had to source a fresh batch from another origin at higher cost.

Whatever the explanation, it sure isn't 3X the price as your wtf'ing claims.

Land of the 230+
    Whatever the explanation, it sure isn't 3X the price as your wtf'ing claims.
    I can confirm that as of last night, the matte black was still indeed in the 460 euro range.

Rent this space for $
    #blackmattelivesmatter

I have the gloss due to a very shiny Monkey. It looks pretty good, especially for the money. Buy it, peel the green, add your choice of flavored sticker, cover the lower in matte 3M protective film and PROFIT.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Just threw down $220 to upgrade my 2017 Fuel Ex 5. Look forward to ditching the heavy lifeless Sektor!

Rent this space for $
    Had a great ride yesterday with mine on a monkey. I'm enjoying the combo so much, my FSR is sitting. I lead a group ride tomorrow on a new local network that's not yet open to the public and the monkey is going!

mtbr member
    mine came in.
    Long Travel 29 boost fork. Where are the best sites to get a deal?-foxrhythm34.jpg

Rent this space for $
    ^^ Sweet!

I'm scratching my head and contemplating snagging another one to have laying around. Just in case, ya know....

mtbr member
    ^^ Sweet!

I'm scratching my head and contemplating snagging another one to have laying around. Just in case, ya know....

I have had the same thoughts. I need to sell my Mason frame first though.

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    I bought a green sticker model, took a bit of time to arrive. Howís this compared to a Pike RC model? Iím on the heavy side of the fat boy club! Anyone with both forks? Pike is a 130 as well....

EDIT: never mind, pike rides insane! My 1st shakedown run and itís ridiculous! Yeah, I live under a rock!
    Last edited by Dirt Road; 05-06-2018 at 12:35 PM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Just installed my matte black 130
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Long Travel 29 boost fork. Where are the best sites to get a deal?-98f8fce7-ad8d-4650-b4b0-c0ec0214aca4.jpg  

Long Travel 29 boost fork. Where are the best sites to get a deal?-daa9fd7f-96ed-4e6f-b7be-d6de0c6dca6d.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by D1PHAM View Post
    Anyone figure out how to extend this sucker to 140mm yet?
    http://forums.mtbr.com/shocks-suspen...a-1050337.html

http://forums.mtbr.com/shocks-suspen...l#post13653350

Rent this space for $
    Get out of my head! I was, seriously, JUST thinking about these options right now for my singlespeed version '15 Karate Monkey. I have a nice Reba on it now but it's a 32 and nothing compared to the Rhythm so now, armed with that info in that thread, I'm ordering another and I'll squish it down to a 100mm as the frame is corrected.

Thanks!

EDIT: BAM! DONE! #2 Shiny 130 purchased!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Here's mine on my Honzo.

mtbr member
    Thank you Toogy, just ordered one!

I have a feeling this $220 fork is going to cost me over $1k in the long run...

N+1

Land of the 230+
    Quote Originally Posted by 69tr6r View Post
    I have a feeling this $220 fork is going to cost me over $1k in the long run...
    N+1
    Glad I'm not the only one...

Rent this space for $
    The second one cost me $5 bucks less! Even bigger bargain thanks to the exchange rate, I'm guessing. I PayPal'd the second one and I thought I compared PP vs Credit Card and it was the same last time but this one was $221 instead of $226. Damn, I should get a THIRD!! Nope, then I'd be in 69tr6r's boat having to find a bike to fit it on! I have 5 now. Wonder if I could fit one on my Roubaix that I seldom ride now!

Rent this space for $
    Quote Originally Posted by k9adv View Post
    The 2017 29er (or 27.5) Rhythm can have the travel changed by changing air shaft assemblies.

Has anyone done a travel conversion on these Rhythms, yet? I received my second fork, surprisingly post haste, the other day. It's going on my '15 Karate Monkey SS so I need to drop it to a 100mm Travel. I see Jenson has some Air Shaft assy but no 100mm. Just wondering where others got them?

mtbr member
    I ordered one too.. should be here within a few days....crossing my fingers

Looking to drop the travel down...have to ask also, anyone down this? Also no online shops seem to carry the air shafts....has anyone found them?
    You cannot go against nature, because when you do, its part of nature too.

Rent this space for $
    Just ordered one through my regular parts connection that runs a suspension operation. It'll likely be 4 or 5 days before I see it. JensonUSA sells them but they don't have the 100mm I needed. The retail at $35.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    As they say, you snooze, you lose...I went to bed debating on this fork, and woke this morning up to order one. Deal gone. Oh well, looks like the 2018 Pike is going on the new build as planned.

Rent this space for $
    Quote Originally Posted by Hewie View Post
    As they say, you snooze, you lose...I went to bed debating on this fork, and woke this morning up to order one. Deal gone. Oh well, looks like the 2018 Pike is going on the new build as planned.
    OH NO!!

But really? It was undebatable! If I had another frame that would fit it, I'd have had 3 by now! Waiting patiently for my air shaft so I can convert my SS.

mtbr member
    Got mine yesterday, great deal!

mtbr member

Being Resold

And now it looks like they are being resold for $400 plus on Pinkbike and other sites ....

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    I wanna slap mine on my Catch2. Matches green perfect. Pike rc is staying though...

mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Diggin it

Nice upgrade for $221.

My 2017 Fuel EX 5. Is now equal to or better than an 8 for half the cost.
    The fork fit both a 29x3.0 Bomboloni and a 29x2.8 McFly with ease, both on Duroc 40 i36 rims.

Long Travel 29 boost fork. Where are the best sites to get a deal?-img_6300.jpg
    Long Travel 29 boost fork. Where are the best sites to get a deal?-img_6301.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by telejefe View Post
    Nice upgrade for $221.

My 2017 Fuel EX 5. Is now equal to or better than an 8 for half the cost.
    The fork fit both a 29x3.0 Bomboloni and a 29x2.8 McFly with ease, both on Duroc 40 i36 rims.
    thanks for the reports on 29+ tire fitment.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Kicking myself for missing this deal. Looking for this 130mm 29er fork.

If any one sees any similar deals please chime in.

Did a search through a lot of the usual websites backcountry, jenson, ww, arts, CRC, bike components, bike discount with any luck...

Land of the 230+
    You just missed CRC had a 34 float performance 140 for 350, which was a decent deal. But I dont know if it was boost.

mtbr member
    There are these on Ebay....there was just a 20% off coupon, and Ebay will more than likely have another coupon or Ebay bucks promotion in the near future for greater savings...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-2018-FO...sAAOSwruxbECzi

The seller seems to have a few varieties too

Barely in control
    That's odd. I thought Fox was going to step cast exclusively for the 32 for 2018. Maybe it's for 2019.