mtbr member
    Feb 2004

kudos to Blue Sky Cycling

First time buyer from BSC.

Ordered seat post, headsets and a mirror, all priced well below lowest prices I could find anywhere.

I am no neophyte to the bike parts shopping experience either. I am patient, frugal and research all purchases carefully before acting. I am willing to wait months to get a good deal. However, in this case, a google search for a uncommon, specific headset led to the previously-unknown-to-me BSC. Their low price on the headset (sorry aebike, they were 27 vs your 43) prompted a rare instant buying decision from me. The $59 thomson post was just icing on the cake.

I ordered last Thursday, 4 pm EST. BSC shipped same day, I received all items today at noon here on East Coast.

All items are perfectly new, no defects whatsoever. The bill was itemized and accurate.

A first rate shopping experience. Louie at BSC really took care of me.

Thanks very much, BSC and good luck.
    Last edited by seeker; 08-27-2008 at 03:49 PM.

Older than I feel
    Aug 2006
    I wish I could say my experience was the same. I did eventually get the parts I ordered, and at a sweet price. What BS Cycling failed to tell me was that every item their web page showed as "in stock" was backordered, and the order didn't ship til a month after they charged my card.

I can't recommend Blue Sky Cycling. I've had much better results with Universal Cycles, Cambria Bicycle Outfitters, JensonUSA, Webcyclery, and others.
    Work is the curse of the biking classes.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Ordered over 10 items from them, arrived quick and safe and sound (for a great price)!

mtbr member
    May 2004

same experience here.. they're just "OK"

Had same experience as Ferry. Call first before you order to check on stock status. The stock indicator on their website is completely inaccurate. If they have or item in stock, it will ship fast. If it is on backorder, they will charge your card without eventhough it has not been shipped. I still occasionally go them if they have the best price and I don't the parts urgently.

Members who have read this thread: 0