mtbr member

Jneson switched back to FedEx

Not sure how many may know, but JensonUSA has switched back to FedEx for shipping. For US residents this may not be a big deal, but for anybody outside the US it is huge, as in my island UPS absolutely blows. They will be getting some business from me again in the future.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??

Supreme Enchilada
    Jun 2007
    Even in the US, I'm not fond of UPS. I prefer FedEx as well.
    2006 Iron Horse MKIII Team
    On One Inbred SS
    2009 Santa Cruz Bullit

mtbr member
    +1 for FedEx.

At my place of work we get 10-15 ups delivered packages a day, and even right in front of us they still throw the packages around. FedEx is always more professional in my experience, regardless of drivers for that day...

Legend
    Nov 2004
    Neato; UPS screws Canadians on importing.
    Last edited by ettore; 11-11-2008 at 06:31 PM.

I can't weld
    FedEx has been much more reliable here in Missouri than it was in Oklahoma. I've even gotten my last 2 residential deliveries on a Saturday, surprisingly.

Trying a little
    UPS drivers are as a group, generally speaking: potheads. Ask any one of them, they won't deny it.

I never apologize. I'm sorry, but that's just the way I am.

Its got what plants crave
    Dude UPS is all unionized... they are regularly drug tested...

Trying a little
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim311
    Dude UPS is all unionized... they are regularly drug tested...
    So they're not on drugs, they're just incompetent.

Legend
    Nov 2004
    Wow, they get drug tested? I "KNOW" my UPS driver is a pothead; must bring spare urine with him at all times (read up on it, they do random tests too).

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    UPS makes FedEx look terrible around here. I only ship places that use UPS after my brakes were delivered next door by FedEx and chewed by their dog. It was very sad.
    GG Smash

Hack Racer
    ever since I learned they used Fedex again I started buying things from them (Jenson) again. I boycotted Jenson the whole time they switched to UPS.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by y0bailey
    UPS makes FedEx look terrible around here. I only ship places that use UPS after my brakes were delivered next door by FedEx and chewed by their dog. It was very sad.
    I agree. Fedex in my area completely sucks. In fact, the last three packages I've gotten have all showed up at least a day later than scheduled and the workers act completely unprofessional. UPS has never let me down at work or for personal use.

I think its interesting how performance is different in different parts of the country.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    UPS DOES suck. I've had packages (5 day ground) get to the distribution center 5 miles from my house in 3 days and SIT there for 2 more before going out for delivery. I have Fedex delivered to my house Tues-Sat for my job and the delivery guy is super friendly. My son's set of Tama drums got here in 2 days with standard (free) shipping from 3 states away w/Fedex. My company pretty much went to Fedex when UPS went on strike and left us high and dry and hasn't looked back since.

Trying a little
    time for a poll

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Usps

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I paid extra for two day shipping through FedEx on my last order from another online retailer. They shipped it same day, then took four days to get to the DC near me and another two to get on the truck. Oddly enough, the previous order I had shipped regular ground and it was at my door in three days.

Supreme Enchilada
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 88 rex
    Usps
    Yeah if you like unpredictable delivery and pretty much non-existent package tracking.
    2006 Iron Horse MKIII Team
    On One Inbred SS
    2009 Santa Cruz Bullit

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

USPS Priority Mail

Is a different story. I get a lot of my small Ebay stuff shipped Priority Mail. I bought a handle bar on Ebay 2 weeks ago on a Monday night, seller shipped it Tuesday, had it on my hand Wed. afternoon (Michigan to Wisconsin) For $6. Can't track Priority mail (despite what USPS says) but it will get anywhere in the U.S. in 2-3 days and for a lot less than UPS or Fedex.

Terror of Sidewalls
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ettore
    Neato; UPS screws Canadians on importing.
    Yeah, apparently they screw us in the States as well, though not as bad. Just got a $40+ bill from them in the mail today for the brokerage fees for the Misfit frame I bought last month. I don't mind the $11 bucks in customs fees, but wtf is up with UPS charging me $30 to get it across the border?

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by lunarprobe
    Yeah, apparently they screw us in the States as well, though not as bad. Just got a $40+ bill from them in the mail today for the brokerage fees for the Misfit frame I bought last month. I don't mind the $11 bucks in customs fees, but wtf is up with UPS charging me $30 to get it across the border?
    Importing fees apply to all companies....however they are random. It seems as if those in charge can just randomly flag packages and charge the fee. A large portion of my UPS stuff makes it through, a few USPS made it through, and a few haven't.
    GG Smash

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I prefer UPS in my area. They always deliver before noon and will actually leave something at the door unlike Fedex. I live in a 5 unit apartment complex where each unit has an actual address assigned to it and Fedex will not leave anything at the door without a signature. It's rather annoying since it forces my girlfriend or myself to stay at home and wait for the Fedex driver.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Lbsigman
    and Fedex will not leave anything at the door without a signature. It's rather annoying since it forces my girlfriend or myself to stay at home and wait for the Fedex driver.
    Fedex does have a waiver you can fill out and file with the local office, saying it's ok for them to leave packages unsigned.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Yep, I have Fedex packages left on my porch 5 days a week. Just sign the waiver.

banned

Fed ex absolutely SUCKS here

I have to drive down and pick up my packages EVERY time I get something from someone who uses them. They say that they can't find address, when UPS, USPS, and anyone else in the delivery business has NO problem. I actually won't buy some items if someone uses them and doesn't give another option. Talk about dopeheads, UPS is unionized as mentioned by another poster. Fedex uses contractors that are paid crap and give crap service. Would you give a sh!t if someones' package got delivered if you only made $12.00 hr?

mtbr member
    Just thought I'd give an update on my recent order from Jenson using FedEx...........ordered up a nice Manitou Minute on a serious sale along with a new PureV saddle, the site said the saddle would take up to 8 days to ship so the order could be consoludated for international shipment. Placed the order on Monday, took Jenson 2 days to get the saddle to the wharehouse and I had the package in my hands before lunch on Friday morning and this is down in the Caribbean.

to Jenson and FedEx

banned

wouldn't that be because...

there is only an "air only" option on shipping to the carribean? You would have gotten the same time from UPS.

mtbr member
    Nope, absolutely not! UPS service is onlly 5 day and if it gets to the island in one day they will let it sit there until day 5 and then process it and notify you. How do I know this? Well I know this because that's exactly what happened to my last order from Jenson when they switched to UPS and is what made me stop using them - it was 5 day international service (the only option they offered) and the tracking info showed the package here in 3 and they didn't contact me until day 5. With FedEx my package comes in the previous evening and is cleared then delivered the next day before lunch and normally only takes 3 days from the US to my door.

UPS just plain sucks a$$ down here in the Caribbean!

Quote Originally Posted by cruso414
    there is only an "air only" option on shipping to the carribean? You would have gotten the same time from UPS.

Members who have read this thread: 0