JensonUSA new shipping policy?!?!? (never mind)- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2007

JensonUSA new shipping policy?!?!? (never mind)

Ok, just got contacted by JensonUSA and it turns out that the $4.50 is the "SHIP AHEAD" option and not shipment from a different warehouse. So I was in the wrong about the shipping from different warehouse. Still that was a first time I saw that option and I guess jumped the gun with my crazy ideas. Anyways, I had already placed my order with them.

BUY FROM THEM!!! I did

<LI><STRIKE>What's up with this new shipping policy at Jenson?
    "Group my items into multiple shipments for faster delivery ($4.50 additional charge)."

This totally sucks! Looks like now they're charging extra because the items are at different warehouses and unless you pay extra the estimated delivery date is postponed for weeks.

TOTALLY SUCKS!</STRIKE>
    Last edited by norcom; 06-18-2009 at 12:27 PM.

Enthusiast
    I didn't notice that I had an option when I placed an order yesterday, but I did notice that my shipment was spread over two warehouses.

I'm not sure what other option they could give us though. If we insist upon one shipment, and all of what we ordered is not in the same warehouse, then what? The only viable alternative that I can see is to wait until one warehouse eventually does get all the bits in stock at the same time.

FWIW, I made some blunders in my ordering yesterday, and Jenson's service was excellent. I placed two orders when I should have placed one. I shot them an email explaining where I went wrong. (And the fault was all mine). They fixed everything up for me right away, consolidate my two orders into one, and saved me about $20 in shipping. Their customer service person was on the ball, and responsive. I couldn't have been happier.

mtbr member
    I put in an order a few weeks ago (Thursday, June 4) and since it was being shipped to Canada, the message was something like "items will be in stock shorthly, your order will ship June 14th".

I was disappointed at first thinking I would have to wait, since they won't ship split orders internationally (apparently).

To my surprise, all my stuff arrived Monday, June 8 in one order.

I love Jenson!
    Last edited by Swerny; 06-18-2009 at 11:14 AM.
    Mike
    Toronto, Canada
    2017 Trek Farley 9.6
    2017 Diamondback Haanjo Trail Carbon
    2016 Scott Solace 10 Disc

Its got what plants crave
    It's pretty common these days for items to come from multiple locations. I just ordered something from Newegg. One package of stuff from NJ another from TN. It was 3 day guaranteed at least, and I didn't pay any extra for a split shipment.

mtbr member
    I order from Jenson 1.5 weeks ago. Ordered 2 different items and selected ground shipping. One item showed up 2 days later. The other items showed up 4 days from order being placed. All in all pretty impressive for them being located across the country.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    There's no question that JensonUSA is a very reputable company. In fact I ended up placing the order right after I posted this post. I just changed to a similar item located with the rest of the items to save the $4.50. I haven't placed an order with them in a few months and this was something totally new. I've placed many orders with them and have never had a problem.

The point is that they're now charging extra if the item has to ship from a different warehouse and their "Estimated" date said if I didn't pay the extra shipping it would get here four weeks later. (the whole order). Yes, there's the economy, the inflation, the yadda yadda yadda but damnit, why'd you have to go and do that?!?!?

Why would it take 4 weeks? Even if it shipped from CA to FL it would take a max of 5 days unless they hold the order for ages before shipping.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim311
    Why would it take 4 weeks? Even if it shipped from CA to FL it would take a max of 5 days unless they hold the order for ages before shipping.
    <LI><STRIKE>That was the estimated date. I'm assuming it would take that long because now they would ship the item from one warehouse to the other and then ship out my order. It would be cheaper for them to make a one time shipment of requested items from warehouse to warehouse weekly than to ship individual items on individual basis, thus the $4.50 markup.</STRIKE>

I was wrong, read my first post Edit.
    Last edited by norcom; 06-18-2009 at 12:31 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tancreednec
    Out of curiosity you emailed them and they emailed you back or they just contacted you after seeing your post here?

They sent me a pm explaining what the charge was for. So they frequent the threads. Someone should start a poll to see if we want jenson to release some coupon codes.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    i wish they would ship UPS though

-josh

mtbr member
    Let me start by I'm a Jenson fan as well. But I agree with the posters above. Economy is not worth it, at least to me. The saving of a few dollars is holding up a $900 order since 6/26. To be honest, I've used the delays to add more to the order though. But you won't catch me saving that money going forward. Also, they CS is generally good, but lately they seam rushed. 2 different reps told me it would ship that day when I spoke with them and it did'nt. Had they have said to me on the phone, if you upgrade to standard shipping, it will ship today I'd have said go ahead.

Yeah, I was disappointed with economy shipping also. My order was delayed FIVE days! That's pretty fawkin economy. Most other places charge less and ship the same day if not the next day. I know Backcountry.com lets you use economy and it still ships the same day. It's not at all worth it to save like a dollar. I learned my lesson with them. Still, they are nowhere near as bad as Cambria has been on my most recent order. I received order confirmation on the 25th, and it arrived on my door step yesterday, the 7th, despite paying an extra buck for 3 day shipping. That's 8 business days when it should have been 3.

Members who have read this thread: 0