Jenson Shipping- Mtbr.com

Thread: Jenson Shipping

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Jenson Shipping

I broke my front derailer on the weekend and made the mistake of taking the sram shifter pod apart to feed in the new cable So I headed down to my LBS to find out that you can only get XT Rapid fire shifters in pairs for $210 Compared to $63 on Jenson. I'm up in Canada so it normally takes a week for anything to get shipped and clear customs, but I figure its worth the wait and ordered them up Monday over lunch.

I get home last night and there is the box on my doorstep. How did Jenson get it through customs so fast!?! The LBS's up here are so busy that it takes 10 days to get them to look at your bike. I put the shifters on last night and scheduled the bike for a tune, but I'm riding this weekend

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Yeah Jenson rocks! Great prices and really fast shipping.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Jenson ships out of ontario

mtbr member
    They have a warehouse or distributer in Michigan too. I have gotten something from there here in Santa Monica, they must have been outta stock at the one here in Cali. Jenson border tunnel?

It's carbon dontcha know.
    Quote Originally Posted by black hills tj
    Jenson ships out of ontario
    Ontario, CA.

Paste eater
    yep, nothing but great things to say about timleyness and Jenson. I live in maine and the price of 2nd day is not much more. They almost ALWAYS ship out the day you place you order too.

mtbr member
    The best I had was order from Jenson on a Tuesday morning, arrive Thursday morning. And I live in Australia.

Tim

Out there
    Aug 2006
    Jenson's shipping is completely insane. It generally arrives here (Ontario) the day after I order it, and UPS hang onto it for a day at the depot because it's a nominal 2-day service.

WHY can't other retailers access the same service?

Jenson's pricematch also rocks. The combination of the two makes them a no-brainer for Canadian buyers.
    All problems in mountain biking can be solved by going faster, except the ones that are caused by going too fast.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I can be riding faster by ordering from Jenson than waiting to go to my LBS. If you think about you've got to wait until at least the next day to get into your lbs. If its not a really well stocked shop you may have to go to more than one or wait for them to order it. Then how long to wait for a mechanic to fix it. In Calgary waiting a week is considered fast service.

Or get home and put in an online order, and have it within a day or 2. Include a bike repair manual in your order and do it yourself.

back in the saddle!
    I don't know how they do it
    ...place big order yesterday just before lunch.....arrived today, just after lunch........ crazy fast

Members who have read this thread: 0