Jenson coupon codes - why bother?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Jenson coupon codes - why bother?

The rotating "save20", "ride15", etc, and 30 day codes you get with previous orders almost never work. Why bother having coupon codes if 70% of the items you carry are on sale and you can't use the code, then the other 28% of parts aren't valid with the code? I'm honestly shocked when I do use a code and actually get a discount. Just tried to order some arm warmers at full price, coupon codes didn't work, despite the big red coupon banner above the product. Contacted Jenson, no response. Bought a couple sets of brake pads at full retail price, none of the coupons work. Seems like one could make a very short list of the items that the coupons actually work for and save us some time... Fake coupons!! SAD.

Please don't respond to tell me about the time your code actually worked and you saved $2 on some socks, just consider yourself lucky. And I know the purpose of the coupons is to get you to go to the site, not to actually give you a discount, sneaky bastids. I also know there are other stores, thanks.

BOOM goes the dynamite!
    Really had to make a thread about it, eh? Neato.

Jenson is fine and if you know how to shop you can get some good deals. Usually not with the coupons though. Whatever.

Bikesexual
    I Love Jensons, I just post my coupons for others to use, if I can't get them to work.
    Surly Krampus
    All City MMD
    Kona Unit

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by noapathy View Post
    Really had to make a thread about it, eh? Neato.

Jenson is fine and if you know how to shop you can get some good deals. Usually not with the coupons though. Whatever.
    I agree with the OP Jenson's coupon codes are just a waste of time. I don't even bother trying any more. Same with Backcountry/Competative Cyclist. One thing I hate is wasting time looking for something online only to find out it's part of the "exclusions". What's worse is they don't list their exclusions so you have to waste time adding an item to the cart to find out. Mind numbingly stupid if you ask me. I'm taking my business to Arts and World Wide Cycling.

mtbr member
    I don't deal with the coupons. If I find something I might want, or "need", I just keep shopping until it's on sale. Unless you need something to replace a failure, patience is a virtue not to be underestimated.
    The member formerly known as Redtires....

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mama View Post
    The rotating "save20", "ride15", etc, and 30 day codes you get with previous orders almost never work. Why bother having coupon codes if 70% of the items you carry are on sale and you can't use the code, then the other 28% of parts aren't valid with the code? I'm honestly shocked when I do use a code and actually get a discount. Just tried to order some arm warmers at full price, coupon codes didn't work, despite the big red coupon banner above the product. Contacted Jenson, no response. Bought a couple sets of brake pads at full retail price, none of the coupons work. Seems like one could make a very short list of the items that the coupons actually work for and save us some time... Fake coupons!! SAD.

Please don't respond to tell me about the time your code actually worked and you saved $2 on some socks, just consider yourself lucky. And I know the purpose of the coupons is to get you to go to the site, not to actually give you a discount, sneaky bastids. I also know there are other stores, thanks.
    This should not be in the Deals forum. Maybe the Passion forum.
    You and many others have a sense of entitlement that bike shops or vendors owe you a coupon. Some coupons are great. Some are bad. It's a relative comparison. Wonder how badly many would complain if NO coupons were offered. Everything at MSRP ALL the time.
    Not happy?? Make more money or spend less or have more patience.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by westin View Post
    You and many others have a sense of entitlement that bike shops or vendors owe you a coupon. Some coupons are great. Some are bad. It's a relative comparison. Wonder how badly many would complain if NO coupons were offered. Everything at MSRP ALL the time.
    Uh...okay.

Or maybe they're just disappointed that the coupon they have doesn't work on literally anything on the site?

Not everything has to be about a sense of entitlement.

I stopped shopping at Jenson a long time ago and started using google shopping. I'm not only entitled to the best deal, i'm empowered to find it.

BOOM goes the dynamite!
    Quote Originally Posted by Porch View Post
    ... and started using google shopping.
    Google shopping? Is that somehow different than a search?

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Google shopping? Is that somehow different than a search?
    Not really, but you have to do a search and then click the "shopping" link at the top of the search.

For example: Rock Shox Pike

BOOM goes the dynamite!
    Not really, but you have to do a search and then click the "shopping" link at the top of the search.

For example: Rock Shox Pike
    You do know google isn't exactly awesome when it comes to who ranks at the top, right? They bump paid advertisers to the top and even exclude certain merchants or push them far down in the results. It's not fair by any means and it's only the best deal for google, not us lowly consumers. They've been sued more than once for their practices...but they have good lawyers.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    It must be some new kind of marketing trick to send out coupons that don't work on the majority of items in your inventory and not list the exclusions. I remember back in the days it was vogue for companies like Performance bike (aka Nashbar) to mark up their prices during a sale. I'm not a fan.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    You do know google isn't exactly awesome when it comes to who ranks at the top, right? They bump paid advertisers to the top and even exclude certain merchants or push them far down in the results. It's not fair by any means and it's only the best deal for google, not us lowly consumers. They've been sued more than once for their practices...but they have good lawyers.
    Sure, they put their favorites at the top. And I sort by price, soo...

It's a starting point anyways. My point was that company loyalty is dead. I buy from whomever has it cheapest!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    This is the section of the forum where people talk about coupons and deals so it makes sense to put it here.

I feel no entitlement. I didn't ask for a coupon, but if you give me one for being a loyal customer it should work, otherwise don't waste the paper and my time. Or at least make the code really short so it doesn't take me so long to type it in before it gets denied.

Having significantly inflated MSRP's and then putting almost every item on sale to bring the price to a realistic level (and so the coupons don't work) is basically the same as having everything at MSRP. So is having items at MSRP that aren't eligible for coupons.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Truly first world problems.

Rent this space for $
    You clearly missed the entire point from the get-go. Entitlement? not sure how one gets to that conclusion when discussing discount coupon codes....but you did it! Well done and thanks for playing!

OP, I totally agree. I don't buy tons from Jenson but I am waiting for a small order to show up right this moment. 1 of those items was a Ride15 item. The others weren't but I needed a couple doodads and it got me up to $50 bucks for the free overnight shipping deal since I am here in Kalifornistan. After counting on all my fingers and toes, I lost count of the number of times I have tried to take advantage of that "wonderful and generous" thank you coupon of 15%. The items I have tried never "qualify" and some have been some substantially valued items of which I just move along and buy from Art's. It has happened so many times that I too just shake my head and wonder why they even bother printing that shit.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I'll agree with you there. Great problems to have!

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    A lot of background politics with price control. Big brands don't want a price war over its products between big retailers. They threaten to make sure that their products are never to be sold again by that retailer.

Coupons were a loophole around minimum advertised price policies. Usually the bigger shops have no excuse for allowing the work-around, considering their revenue allows them to afford software upgrades. Deal hunting consumers - abuse the coupons while you can with the smaller sized shops, and hope they stay off the radar for policy enforcing.

If you must shop Jenson, just know which brands don't have any restrictions on store promos. WolfTooth, for example, is a good candidate. Any of Jenson's featured brands and big brands are not good candidates. Jenson's regular advertised prices tend to be very competitive without any codes, considering their return policy, shipping, and cashback from affiliates that share their cut (ActiveJunky). Sometimes you can call 'em up and get them to discount something, if it's really something you want. For example, if I'm shopping for a new helmet and want a specific one, say a new '18 Bell Super, and it's ineligible, I'll try over the phone. Also, if you visit any events where Jenson has a booth, they have $10 off 75 coupons that work on pretty much everything. When I learned that, I dared to pick up a few and passed them out to friends, who later asked me why I didn't grab a handful. xD

You just gotta know that Jenson excludes brands because the brands themselves asked to be excluded from the store's promotions, in order to keep a happy business-to-business relationship. Maybe they don't list the brands, that requested to be excluded, out of respect. Playing the blaming and shaming game isn't very classy, especially when a little bit of understanding clears things up. Jenson has cleaned up its act of mass discounting, having once soured their relationships with prestigious brands like Spec and Santa Cruz. Grudges last a while, but their showroom has Santa Cruz bikes again now. Rumor has it that they're negotiating being a dealer for Spec helmets, shoes, tires, spare parts/rebuild kits, etc., at least for their retail store. If they continue building their B2B reputation, things might open to web sales.

I recommend this utility for sharing and getting 15% off coupons: http://jensoncodes.blindstuffmtb.com/ Use the postcards for some papercraft. Thumbtack them to the wall, to protect from your grips and tires, where you lean you bike. Use 'em to help bang out a PF BB, or to center your disc brake pads. Use your imagination. xD

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    This is a mountain biking forum...

遅すぎ
    Apr 2008
    The 10 off 75 and 5 off 50 they give out are now subject to the same rules as the post cards included with orders. I had a bunch of them left over from sea otter last year that used to work, but don't now.

BOOM goes the dynamite!
    Sure, they put their favorites at the top. And I sort by price, soo...

It's a starting point anyways. My point was that company loyalty is dead. I buy from whomever has it cheapest!
    So? If all you do is buy the cheapest that shows up on google, you're likely not buying the cheapest at all since many of the decent online mtb related vendors don't show up on their lists. Google is good for getting specs and double checking what the regular price is, but terrible at finding actual good deals most of the time. Might as well say you're loyal to google but don't realize it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    The problem is not really the coupon. The real underlying problem is the anti competitive / anti consumer price fixing scam known as MSRP and or MAP/ IMAP.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by karmaphi View Post
    A lot of background politics with price control. Big brands don't want a price war over its products between big retailers. They threaten to make sure that their products are never to be sold again by that retailer.

Coupons were a loophole around minimum advertised price policies. Usually the bigger shops have no excuse for allowing the work-around, considering their revenue allows them to afford software upgrades. Deal hunting consumers - abuse the coupons while you can with the smaller sized shops, and hope they stay off the radar for policy enforcing.

If you must shop Jenson, just know which brands don't have any restrictions on store promos. WolfTooth, for example, is a good candidate. Any of Jenson's featured brands and big brands are not good candidates. Jenson's regular advertised prices tend to be very competitive without any codes, considering their return policy, shipping, and cashback from affiliates that share their cut (ActiveJunky). Sometimes you can call 'em up and get them to discount something, if it's really something you want. For example, if I'm shopping for a new helmet and want a specific one, say a new '18 Bell Super, and it's ineligible, I'll try over the phone. Also, if you visit any events where Jenson has a booth, they have $10 off 75 coupons that work on pretty much everything. When I learned that, I dared to pick up a few and passed them out to friends, who later asked me why I didn't grab a handful. xD

You just gotta know that Jenson excludes brands because the brands themselves asked to be excluded from the store's promotions, in order to keep a happy business-to-business relationship. Maybe they don't list the brands, that requested to be excluded, out of respect. Playing the blaming and shaming game isn't very classy, especially when a little bit of understanding clears things up. Jenson has cleaned up its act of mass discounting, having once soured their relationships with prestigious brands like Spec and Santa Cruz. Grudges last a while, but their showroom has Santa Cruz bikes again now. Rumor has it that they're negotiating being a dealer for Spec helmets, shoes, tires, spare parts/rebuild kits, etc., at least for their retail store. If they continue building their B2B reputation, things might open to web sales.

I recommend this utility for sharing and getting 15% off coupons: http://jensoncodes.blindstuffmtb.com/ Use the postcards for some papercraft. Thumbtack them to the wall, to protect from your grips and tires, where you lean you bike. Use 'em to help bang out a PF BB, or to center your disc brake pads. Use your imagination. xD
    It's not hard to list the exclusions. I would be happy with that. I wouldn't call that shaming since REI tells you prices with .93 are excluded ....

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Go join a 3rd world forum. lol

mtbr member
    Jenson has very competitive prices, most of the time... But they ship free and I get stuff in a day. They're my new go-to.

mtbr member
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by One Pivot View Post
    Jenson has very competitive prices, most of the time... But they ship free and I get stuff in a day. They're my new go-to.
    Agreed, they are my new go to as well. Theyíre the only company I know that covers duty/brokerage fees with their free shipping to Canada. Spend $150 and get free 2-3 day shipping with $0 additional fees. That is something that no one else matches. Pricing is significantly cheaper than the Canadian online bike stores on almost all items too.

PS And yes, their coupon cards suck. I have also not been able to find anything that qualifies so do not see the point of them giving them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    I hear ya the coupon code rarely works on the card when you go and purchase but i have used their 20% off twice now on Bike Yoke Revive droppers and that was huge savings.

Also give them a call when you order and see what they can do.

I recently found a competitor with 25% off an item and they honored it no questions asked when I called.

psycho cyclo addict
    Jenson has done awesome by me for many years.

I've had a few minor issues with their coupon codes over the years... nothing that a quick phone call couldn't sort out.
    【ツ】 eDub 【ツ】

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Speaking of quick shipping. It usually takes a week for an order to arrive here on the east coast (same with backcountry) I'm sure there are ways to get items here faster and since I've been an Amazon Prime member anything longer than 2 days seems like an eternity.

Dave's not here.
    I don't bother with the discount codes when I get them from Jenson. I tend to post them on the Jenson Coupons thread. That said, they do have awesome deals on items that don't really require a code. I just picked up a RF Next SL seatpost for under $50 from them. That price is cheaper than most aluminum posts I looked at.
    Yo no hablo inglťs

Deviant
    I personally don't need the coupon but they're being used purely as clickbait. It's sleazy no matter how you slice it. I own a business and would never treat my customers that way. I understand the economics of providing too many coupons but there's an easy fix for that... Don't give out coupons. I'm fine with the absence of a coupon but if you're going to give me one don't make it worthless.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Rent this space for $
    Throw me a bone here. If their gonna do anything at all, dump the 15% coupon that DOESN'T work on anything and just kick me a 5%'r that actually DOES work on most product. That'll take the sting out of throwing money to my rogue state government and keep me coming back.

Oh, So Interesting!
    Recently Jensen sent me an obviously used and very defective floor pump.

I returned it and they told me as soon as they get tracking info they'd send a new one. They never did and just refunded my payment without telling me. Ok, I guess I'll buy elsewhere... I don't need to waste my time with this kind of BS. They wasted my time and didn't do what they said they would after trying to sell me a used/defective item at full price. Mistakes happen, this was a series of mistakes that makes it all much less acceptable.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Overall I'm pleased with Jenson (although I think the deals were better when they had more local competition from Pricepoint). I live close so I usually get everything next day. I've spent thousands with them in the 20 years or so I've been shopping there and the service has always been good. My gripe is with the fake coupons. The REI practice of using .93 prices for excluded items is a great idea.

BOOM goes the dynamite!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oh My Sack! View Post
    Throw me a bone here. If their gonna do anything at all, dump the 15% coupon that DOESN'T work on anything and just kick me a 5%'r that actually DOES work on most product. That'll take the sting out of throwing money to my rogue state government and keep me coming back.
    5% coupons are known to cause cancer in the state of CA.

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    I'm just recently getting back into mountain biking and was checking out Jenson because I have bought from them in the past and I've been pleased. They usually have the better prices around and they're kind of local to me.

As for the current coupon, it says "SAVE AN EXTRA 15% ON SELECT GEAR USE CODE: RIDE15" If I'm not mistaken, click on the "EXTRA 15% OFF SELECT GEAR" or the red "USE CODE: RIDE15" under the menu bar in the middle of the page and it'll direct you to items (select gear) that the coupon pertains to this time. I think every item where the coupon can be applied has a red box stating "save 15% on this item" below the "add to cart" button. On that redirected page, there were 10 pages of 100 items each (or almost - didn't count the last page for an exact number.) Of the almost 1000 items, there probably isn't much of what I need (haven't gone through all of it yet) but, it seems as though the coupon codes only apply to them.

If I'm wrong, please correct me. I don't work for Jenson. I just thought that this may clear things up a bit because I was wondering about the coupons myself.

mtbr member
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by chipmcd View Post
    I'm just recently getting back into mountain biking and was checking out Jenson because I have bought from them in the past and I've been pleased. They usually have the better prices around and they're kind of local to me.

As for the current coupon, it says "SAVE AN EXTRA 15% ON SELECT GEAR USE CODE: RIDE15" If I'm not mistaken, click on the "EXTRA 15% OFF SELECT GEAR" or the red "USE CODE: RIDE15" under the menu bar in the middle of the page and it'll direct you to items (select gear) that the coupon pertains to this time. I think every item where the coupon can be applied has a red box stating "save 15% on this item" below the "add to cart" button. On that redirected page, there were 10 pages of 100 items each (or almost - didn't count the last page for an exact number.) Of the almost 1000 items, there probably isn't much of what I need (haven't gone through all of it yet) but, it seems as though the coupon codes only apply to them.

If I'm wrong, please correct me. I don't work for Jenson. I just thought that this may clear things up a bit because I was wondering about the coupons myself.
    That's true for the RIDE15 promo/coupon code, but those are not the same items that qualify for the 15% coupon that they include with a purchase. Those are a unique code which doesn't seem to work for much (anything?) and that's what people are complaining about.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I've had items that have the "ride15" and "save20" banners directly on them that didn't give me the discount when i added them to my cart and typed in the code. Maybe it was a mistake, maybe not.

BOOM goes the dynamite!
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mama View Post
    I've had items that have the "ride15" and "save20" banners directly on them that didn't give me the discount when i added them to my cart and typed in the code. Maybe it was a mistake, maybe not.
    If that happened to me I'd take a screenshot and chat or call them. The only time I had issues was when they revamped their website maybe 4-6 months ago. Lost some of my wish list and couldn't even place an order. Seems mostly sorted now.

Short-Change-Hero
    I have always found that if you take a few and chat with one of their people they will give you a discount of some sort. Just did this on an order for two RT-86 Ice-Tech rotors and a Dakine Hot Laps Gripper, and rep gave me 15% off the gripper (all of $3 but its something). Chatting with him about the coupon situation, he said it really comes down to those companies that ALLOW them to give discounts and then those that are not already on sale. The rotors were about standard price for the size, 180mm, so price was negligible.

mtbr member
    I miss Pricepoint

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by gravityryder26 View Post
    I miss Pricepoint
    I don't lol

mtbr member
    I've only ever tried to use the Jenson codes twice, both times they worked, and were on big-ticket items - a bikeyoke post and a Kali helmet; both over $300 and never on sale. 15% off $20 brake pads isn't worth getting worked up about for me.

Now competitivecyclist and their once-in-a-while 20% off codes.. the fine print on those says "void on anything you might actually want" (3 times I've tried to use those on big ticket, non-sale items, with no mention they were excluded, things that the MAP is unreasonably high, and it would be only a fair deal with the coupon).

Class Clown
    Jenson is perhaps my main go-to as they have fair prices, good selection, shipping and CS in my experience. So I get plenty of those coupons but hardly use them. Seems most of the stuff I buy is already "on sale". But I don't really care because I've been happy with them.

mtbr member
    I have bought stuff from Jenson over the years and will continue to do so. That being said, I'm with the OP: Jenson coupons usually go straight from the shipping box into the recycling bin...

Sir Shreds-A-Lot
    i thought i was the only one with this problem. they used to work awesome, these days, not so much
    1985 Trek 670
    2016 Kona Process 111
    2017 Ritchey P29er
    2018 Trek Domane SL6

mtbr member
    I have to agree with the OP, there codes never work for me so from now on I just use Amazon or Backcountry with free 2 day shipping. Plus living in PA it takes around 7-10 days to get my stuff.
    2018 Canyon Spectral
    2016 Ibis Ripley OG
    2016 Salsa Bucksaw

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sml-2727 View Post
    I have to agree with the OP, there codes never work for me so from now on I just use Amazon or Backcountry with free 2 day shipping. Plus living in PA it takes around 7-10 days to get my stuff.
    Living in Michigan they take forever to arrive as well. I'll casually shop them for price. If they are lower and I don't need it soon, I'll buy. Otherwise I just have a faster shop price match.

Jenson coupons are as useful as Nashbar coupons.

Turns right to go left
    For the most part I have given up on Jenson. Prices are no better than Competitive Cyclist or Worldwide Cycling who both ship the same day and my items are delivered in 2 to 3 days max. Jenson's shipping to Charlotte is apparently now done by stagecoach (7 to 12) days for items ACTUALLY in stock. For the increasing number of items listed as in stock that are NOT actually in stock, well, lets just say they show up eventually.... Jenson's shipping and "in stock game" has become so bad I can consistently receive items faster from Merlin and Chain Reaction in Great Britain.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by 410sprint View Post
    For the most part I have given up on Jenson. Prices are no better than Competitive Cyclist or Worldwide Cycling who both ship the same day and my items are delivered in 2 to 3 days max. Jenson's shipping to Charlotte is apparently now done by stagecoach (7 to 12) days for items ACTUALLY in stock. For the increasing number of items listed as in stock that are NOT actually in stock, well, lets just say they show up eventually.... Jenson's shipping and "in stock game" has become so bad I can consistently receive items faster from Merlin and Chain Reaction in Great Britain.
    Same with shipping to D.C.
    3 Bikes to rule them all
    2013 Scott Genius SL
    2017 Yeti ASRC
    2017 Octane One Zircus

mtbr member
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by 410sprint View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonaid View Post
    Same with shipping to D.C.
    Crazy, I can get free 3-day shipping to Canada (as long as my order is at least $150). If I spend less than that and have to pay for shipping, itís still here in 3 days.

Rent this space for $
    Because I'm only 4 hours north, I can take advantage of the free overnite deal for Californians if you hit $50+. That's one of the benefits that weigh heavily on whether I buy but only if Art's doesn't have the goods.

Bikesexual
    Because I'm only 4 hours north, I can take advantage of the free overnite deal for Californians if you hit $50+. That's one of the benefits that weigh heavily on whether I buy but only if Art's doesn't have the goods.
    That's big to me as well.

What's your turned around with Arts?
    Surly Krampus
    All City MMD
    Kona Unit

Trail Gnome
    I agree with the OP Jenson's coupon codes are just a waste of time. I don't even bother trying any more. Same with Backcountry/Competative Cyclist. One thing I hate is wasting time looking for something online only to find out it's part of the "exclusions". What's worse is they don't list their exclusions so you have to waste time adding an item to the cart to find out. Mind numbingly stupid if you ask me. I'm taking my business to Arts and World Wide Cycling.
    Good luck with World Wide Cyclery...Iíve been waiting on an order for a month...they donít even contact me for updates...I have to contact them, then they give me some B.S.

Rent this space for $
    Quote Originally Posted by jcd46 View Post
    That's big to me as well.

What's your turned around with Arts?
    15-20 minutes, tops from my front door. And they're 5 minutes from my preferred start point of my regular rides. It's a terrible problem to have! Especially when you know the whole crew.

Bikesexual
    15-20 minutes, tops from my front door. And they're 5 minutes from my preferred start point of my regular rides. It's a terrible problem to have! Especially when you know the whole crew.
    You are all set!
    Surly Krampus
    All City MMD
    Kona Unit

Rent this space for $
    It's a very expensive relationship.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    I just noticed today Jenson updated their site with an indicator above the item that shows which one's are eligible for their coupon. What s great move on their part. I just want to thank them for listening to their customers.

mtbr member
    I just noticed today Jenson updated their site with an indicator above the item that shows which one's are eligible for their coupon. What s great move on their part. I just want to thank them for listening to their customers.
    Thatís been there for a while now but it is easy to miss since it seems most products are excluded.

mtbr member
    More and more manufacturers are adopting Minimum Advertising Policies which prohibit a store from advertising below a certain price. It also prohibits the use of coupons to lower the price.

This is why the coupons don't work on many products.

MAP policies are good for the brick and mortar stores. Before MAP policies existed the online retailers would race to the bottom. The store that was winning wasn't really winning because their margins were poor.

With that said, it never hurts to send an email or place a call to see if any discounts are available.

I recently bought some new hockey skates and called in to see if I could twist their arm for a little discount. I was hoping for 10% off or something small. Upon placing the order with the sales person and before I could ask for a discount he told me he was giving me 20% off.
    Best Source for Ibis, Devinci, and Ventana!
    Velorangutan... the pedal type.
    Motorangutan... the motorized type.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Well this is a 1st world scam problem imo

So I went to order a Kuat Transfer 1 hitch rack on Jensen today. Showed the price with a $10 oversize shipping fee, but free shipping otherwise for a 3 week delivery. And the 20% discount code on the website could be used. Looked good so I went for it. Paypal checkout looked good, showed same total discount price, etc. However, after I was transfered back to Jensen to complete the final sale, just as I was clicking the complete order button they added an additional $35 oversize fee.

This was in addition to the $10 oversize fee that was already on there from the start. Tried to back out and it was too late. So I had to call them up and cancel the order. I thought that was pretty rotten since it negated the discount code, but more importantly it came across like they tried to sneak it in when it might be least expected. Just fyi to watch them, not sure if Iíll go back.

Well I ordered same off Competitive Cyclist website also with a 20% discount code on their website and free shipping with $0 oversize fees. Which they also had the lockset to go with it that Jensen didnít have. So it worked out as a great 1st world win ordering there rather than at Jensen; more for less.