A good LBS in the Washington DC area- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

A good LBS in the Washington DC area

Anyone know of a good LBS in the Washington DC area? One that has some knowledge of Mountain Bikes and trails in the area. Thanks

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Revolution Cycles in Georgetown has been great for me. The mechanics specifically have always been willing to help me with installing a couple components and have always been really helpful. Outside of DC there's Bike Doctor in Waldorf. Kenny's the guy to see there. Last time I was in there he walked me through everything I need from misc parts to a pair of shoes.

In Baltimore there's place shop fittingly named, "Bike Shop" off of route 40, not to be confused with "Race Pace" ...which I never had any sort of decent customer service. The one i'm talking about is right next to a Popeyes. The staff there has always helpful and are ready to chat.

Performance bike is in virginia, rockville and baltimore, but i'd only recommend them to buy sale items and not necessarily for much else.

I've also had good experience with Spokes in virginia.

As far as Trails, the best imo is Patapsco Park (Avalon section) in Baltimore (Worth the trip) and Schaeffer farms in gaithersburg. That's all I can type right now (at work)

have fun.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Germantown Cycles is a great shop located close to the Schaeffer trails. I was there for the first time last week to buy a front wheel and I had a great experience there and was helped by the manager and head wrench Adam. These guys are real mountain bikers. I will always use this shop when I'm down there in the area. Adam is very cool and knowledgable and does great work too. I first spoke with another guy there named Brian who was really cool too. My friend bought a bike there and got a great deal and great service too. They have partnered with another shop right near Patapsco called Avalon Cycles. On Route 1, I think.

CR

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I popped my head into Proteus cycles in College Park. It's on Rt. 1 just south of the beltway. Some of my friends who ride a lot recommended it. I ended up getting a bike elsewhere, but the guy (I think his name was Tiny) was really helpful.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by cyber_hawke
    Anyone know of a good LBS in the Washington DC area? One that has some knowledge of Mountain Bikes and trails in the area. Thanks
    Talking about DC area mountain biking, you have to check out this website:

http://www.more-mtb.org

Members who have read this thread: 0