Is this a good deal on XTR Hydro brakes/shifters??- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Is this a good deal on XTR Hydro brakes/shifters??

On ebay there is a new XTR hydro disc set with the STI shifters for $349. I've never priced this stuff out so I'm not sure if this a fair price.

Right now I run normal Deore hydros with XT rotors and rapid fire shifters for my XTR RDR.

I'm thinking of upgrading to save some weight and increase efficiency with the shifters. Its almost a 1/2 pound savings.

Any thoughts. Thanks in advance.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

expensive

I got a set with xtr wheels for $450! - used (but really new)

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

I'm willing to sell for less.....

I'm about to order a 2005 S-Works Epic that comes with the XTR shifter/disc brake combo levers, but I prefer the SRAM grip shift. I'd be willing to sell my shifters to you for less than $350.....how about $310.....brand new, removed before the bike is ever assembled. Just so you know, the XTR hydro shift/brake levers can only be used with the XTR or XT hydraulic disc brakes--no others. If you're also interested in the XTR disc brakes, we can work out a great deal for those as well. Email me at sbaumann@new.rr.com if you are interested--I can always post them on eBay otherwise. Thanks, and good luck!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by stumpy2324
    I'm about to order a 2005 S-Works Epic that comes with the XTR shifter/disc brake combo levers, but I prefer the SRAM grip shift. I'd be willing to sell my shifters to you for less than $350.....how about $310.....brand new, removed before the bike is ever assembled. Just so you know, the XTR hydro shift/brake levers can only be used with the XTR or XT hydraulic disc brakes--no others. If you're also interested in the XTR disc brakes, we can work out a great deal for those as well. Email me at sbaumann@new.rr.com if you are interested--I can always post them on eBay otherwise. Thanks, and good luck!
    Think you missed the point that the $350 included the disc brakes. Oh well, auction is over now. Not a bad deal but not the best deal ever.