Good but cheap frame for Canadian buyers- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Good but cheap frame for Canadian buyers

Hi,
    I am looking for a solid cross-country frame to fit my marzocchi mx pro eta/tas 105-120mm, my good set of wheels, my hydrolic rim brake and all the other parts I have from My 1996 kona kula . The problem is that I live in Quebec Canada and most online shop(you guys in the USA have access to incredible deals for bikes and parts) won't ship big sized item such as frame across the border. Does anyone have a frame AND a shop to suggest me from which I could order the frame? Ps, price is really an issue, otherwise I would not make my life this complicated.... Any help would be much appreciated!

Salut

Mat

Hail to the King, baby
    Quote Originally Posted by nightnerd
    Hi,
    I am looking for a solid cross-country frame to fit my marzocchi mx pro eta/tas 105-120mm, my good set of wheels, my hydrolic rim brake and all the other parts I have from My 1996 kona kula . The problem is that I live in Quebec Canada and most online shop(you guys in the USA have access to incredible deals for bikes and parts) won't ship big sized item such as frame across the border. Does anyone have a frame AND a shop to suggest me from which I could order the frame? Ps, price is really an issue, otherwise I would not make my life this complicated.... Any help would be much appreciated!

Salut

Mat
    If you purchase a frame from the US, it will end up costing almost twice the price, by the tme you pay for shipping, duties, taxes, currency conversion, and brokerage fees.

If you are near Gatineau, Pecco's sells an aftermarket FS frame with a FOX shock, for under $1000.00Cdn. I believe the brand name or model is Eclipse.

I looked at an Ibex Ignition frame and a Sette Riddik frame, but neither will ship to Canada.

I ordered two Ibex Ignition frames for my kids previously, before they stopped shipping to Canada. They were priced at about $199 US. each. By the time I finished paying for everything, they cost about $400 CDN each.

The Sette Riddick frame should then end up around $700-$800 Cdn after everthing, so the Eclipse frame gets into the same ballpark. Last time I looked it was around $800 CDN, but you still have to pay taxes.

old dude

mtbr member
    Mar 2007

What about a free trade agreement

Hi Old dude,
    I was looking for a ibex and found the post in wich you explained your situation. That's really too bad we can't have access to these bike no more. Someone should be smart and start doing a business just buying the bikes and shipping them across the border. Anyway, thank you very much for the infos. I am on my way to get a DMR trailstar for a relatively good price.

Have a good summer of riding

Mat

Members who have read this thread: 0