Fox 36 Performance Elite at Chainreactioncycles- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Fox 36 Performance Elite at Chainreactioncycles

2018 Fox 36 150 PE 29” with Fit4 damper for $479.99
    Too good to pass up!

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    thanks for posting this

what is differerence between performance boost and performance elite models other than 150mm vs 140mm?

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by barncat View Post
    thanks for posting this

what is differerence between performance boost and performance elite models other than 150mm vs 140mm?
    Performance Elite is identical to a Factory model with the sole exception of the stanchion finish (no Kashima on the PE). So 7000-series alloy uppers, FIT dampers, etc.

Performance is the same chassis as the Performance Elite but with GRIP damper.

Rhythm models change the chassis (6000 series alloy uppers) and the air spring, but keep the GRIP damper.

This may get confused on 2019 models as Fox rolls out GRIP2 versions of the damper into higher end forks, including Factory models.

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Yeah, I bit. Should get a few dollars for the rc150 pike on my intense. If not, hardtail build would be sweet. Damn I need a new car....

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I have ordered three of those forks from them and every time it arrived with no packaging in a plain box, with a dented crown from being dropped on the ground, scratches from the cardboard rubbing. I have asked for better packaging but it never happened even after a manager supposedly talked to the warehouse.

I was told to try to order a 4th one but they could not guarantee that it would have better packaging even if I asked and they told the warehouse. It was my last try to buy from Chain reaction!

Norđwegr
    Quote Originally Posted by guim View Post
    I have ordered three of those forks from them and every time it arrived with no packaging in a plain box, with a dented crown from being dropped on the ground, scratches from the cardboard rubbing. I have asked for better packaging but it never happened even after a manager supposedly talked to the warehouse.

I was told to try to order a 4th one but they could not guarantee that it would have better packaging even if I asked and they told the warehouse. It was my last try to buy from Chain reaction!
    That's because they don't have packaging, what you're buying is OEM parts that they've obtained from bikecompanies. For example my DB Inline came wrapped in some bubblewrap and had a very strong indication of being Canyon overstock.

If you want packaging you can pay full price somewhere else. Granted I'd ask for compensation for dents and scratches.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I know that they were OEM, but after the first one I was told that they were supposed to come with additional pckaging, and then they told me that the warehouse would add some packaging on my particular order but they never did. I even offered to pay them to add bubbles or something. I can't afford the retail price, so I'm shopping for something else.

Anyway that was just a heads up so other people would know what to expect if they order one.

mtbr member
    Fork arrived. As Guim said, packaged in box only, no wrap. But other than a couple of minor scuffs it looks fine. No regrets.

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Mine came had shipped DHL. Arrived in good shape. Plain box/nothing else. Kinda slack packaging to say the least. Seems a trend, Oem wheels I bought were shipped the same way. Guess the few claims they get don’t concern them too much. I’ve been lucky so far.

Plan #123-D
    Mine arrived damaged. Zero protection with box...box was damaged, sanchion damaged. Super bummed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fox 36 Performance Elite at Chainreactioncycles-v6nqmfgqqfitwnck5gitrq.jpg  

C'mon lets go for a whirl.

mtbr member
    That sucks. Seems like a crapshoot ordering from them.

Barely in control
    Bummer dude. Every time I've gotten a damaged part from one of those European places, I got the bad end of the deal, financially.

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    Got mine, ridiculous deal... $613 CAD shipped/after tax for a 36 PE Fit4 150mm. I haven't even seen a used one for that price.

However as other have pointed out, there was no protection/bubble wrap, box was torn, but I got away with only few minor scuffs on the lowers. Yes its OEM, but still it's such a shame that you can't add one layer of bubble wrap and are destroying brand new forks.