mtbr member
    Feb 2013

experiences with PBK probikekit.com?

They've got some good prices on a few things, the reviews from a few years ago are pretty negative, but the somewhat more recent ones seem to be better, I'm not worried about shipping taking a few weeks. Anyone order from them recently? www.probikekit.com
    carry clippers! cut something off the trail every time you ride.

Barely in control
    I've gotten a few sets of tires with some socks thrown in for free shipping. Aside from looking like they scavenged the shipping materials from the dumpster behind a thrift store, everything went fine.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I've had some minor problems with them. Ordered four tires, all shown in stock, they shipped only three. So I called them and asked when the fourth would ship . . . they said 3 weeks. So I asked to cancel that tire, I can't wait that long, and they affirm that it is cancelled. I then bought my fourth tire locally to finish a build.

3 weeks later they ship me the fourth tire.

I call to complain, noting the date and customer service person of prior call during which I cancelled the tire, since it was late. They say, oh sorry, you're welcome to return the tire and we'll credit you. But of course, return shipping overseas is my responsibility, and who is going to spend $40 shipping a $35 tire.

Summary: I'll still use them, because they have exceptional prices on certain things (Vittoria tires). But I'm more careful/skeptical if dealing with their customer service.

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    They were a nightmare for me. Took nearly 2 months to get a couple of tires they said were in stock. I even confirmed shipping times before ordering and was assured 7-10 days. Customer support was rude and basically told me to get lost. When the box finally showed up, it looked like it was mauled by a tiger but luckily everything was ok. Basically, it was the type of experience that makes you want to run to your LBS and pay a few bucks more.

That being said, they do have great prices on certain things like Vittoria tires. If your order isn't time sensitive, you can definitely save some money.

mtbr member
    Oct 2017
    i have had a good experience with them. They shipped out of Europe somewhere, GB? So shipping took longer but the price on the two Maxxis tires I bought was unbeatable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Barely in control
    You guys complaining about cs crack me up. Why do you think they are so cheap? They don't spend money on cs. Just order and chill. If you want it in 10 days with a live cs agent to complain to, order stateside for MSRP.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I ordered lots of stuff from them back in my roadie days, they used to have great prices on Continental tubulars. But on my last two orders my credit card number got stolen immediately after buying stuff from them. i don't know if there was someone nefarious at PBK or it their web security just sucked. I gave up on them after that.

Ribble and Merlin have great prices on the same stuff and I've never had anything weird happen with my credit card using them.