Ellsworth ID-18"- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Ellsworth ID-18"

I have the option of purchasing a 2003 ellsworth ID leftover frame for approximately $900. It is brand new at a shop. My predicament is that I don't really need a new frame, but its such a good deal! I would have to purchase all new parts
    Anyway, should I purchase the frame, and then sell it to make a few bucks, or will I lose in the end?

We get titles?

You could lose out

Quote Originally Posted by Jaker
    I have the option of purchasing a 2003 ellsworth ID leftover frame for approximately $900. It is brand new at a shop. My predicament is that I don't really need a new frame, but its such a good deal! I would have to purchase all new parts
    Anyway, should I purchase the frame, and then sell it to make a few bucks, or will I lose in the end?

You'd think you'd have no trouble making a couple hundred on that frame, since it is so far below retail. But are you sure? A quick Ebay search show's a recent ID auction where a guy with good feedback was selling an '04 Id frame for $1000 canadian, and he got no bidders. And why is that shop willing to give it to you for $900 anyway? They can't sell it either?

With all the warranty/frame failure problems people have had with Ellsworths, I certainly would never buy one from anybody but a reputable Ellsworth dealer who would assist me with any warranty claims I'd have.

I wouldn't buy that frame to resell. But if I had $900, I'd buy it from the shop and build myself a sweet ride.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

true dat

I won't get it, but if anyone wants it, I'll tell ya where its at (for free). Just let me know.

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

Let me know! I am interested!

I won't get it, but if anyone wants it, I'll tell ya where its at (for free). Just let me know.
    My email is [email protected]

I I buy it, I will be you some beer or whatever you drink watching football...

Jaybo

Not a Barry supporter.

I ride an Id and have a friend looking for a new bike. Is that frame sold yet?
    Why would I need more than one gear?
    @A_SingleSpeeder
    EPA = crooks!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

I need a new frame

If you don't mind, please let me know where the frames are at. [email protected]
    Thanks in advance.