Economical build kit at Jenson- Mtbr.com
    I can't weld

Economical build kit at Jenson

$525 for a Truvativ / Deore build kit including disc brakes, wheels and full drivetrain. One warning: Looks like only a 27.2 seatpost is available, but you could buy another seatpost and still be a good deal.

Here's the address.

http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...Build+Kit.aspx

I've used this BB and the bashguard version of this crankset for the past year. The BB's never been cleaned and has a thick layer of dust and grease from my chain right up to the seals. It still spins smooth and quiet. I'm #230 in riding gear and with my hardtail I can abuse a bottom bracket. The crank doesn't creak but I replaced the stock chainring bolts with steel since I tend to get a little aggressive with the 5mm Allen wrench. Zero complaints.

I got these Deore disc hubs on a set of econo-special wheels I got for $87 from BlueSky.com. Put every mile of the last season on these wheels. Not just races, but about 2000 miles of training, too. They never failed, but the bearings in the rear hub were on their last leg. I guess I got all $87 out of them. The front hub is still very smooth. I'll keep these as backups for my DT Swiss Christmas presents.

I bought this saddle from Jenson for $19 as an OE takeoff. Probably a $40-50 saddle. Well padded. Not light, but very comfortable.

I know I pimp a lot for Jenson. No, I do not work for them. I wish. There's a reason they sponsor this forum. They consistantly have great deals and customer service. That's why half my bike came from them. I've yet to find a legitimate internet price that they won't match.

banned
    ok price for ok parts.
    You could buy a new iron horse from RScycles, or a motobecane off ebay and get the equivalent of those parts for the same price including frame and fork.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    check these kits at WheelWorld.com:

http://wheelworld.com/itemlist.cfm?category=149

AM build kit is $600 with crappier brakes, but plus a fork. DJ kit is a steal at $400.

No, that's not phonetic
    Yeah, PricePoint has Sram kits for a little more $ and it is a much better kit.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

Members who have read this thread: 0