eBay 15% off- Mtbr.com

Thread: eBay 15% off

mtbr member
    Apr 2010

eBay 15% off

eBay 15% off, $25 minimum purchase, max $50 discount. Code is POPULAR.
    Expires 8/16 at 8am PST.

The coupon is not site wide, but The Pro's Closet is taking place in the coupon and all items/orders over $25 are eligible.

BOOM goes the dynamite!
    Guess I gotta clue you in. The merchants raise their prices for these "select sellers" promos as soon as the code goes live, eliminating any actual savings. It's been going on a while. Not a deal.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Worked for bikewagon. 15% off lowest internet price on new ks e20 150mm external dropper. Saved $26. $152 shipped.

BOOM goes the dynamite!
    Hmmmm...OK, that's actually a really decent deal. I'll revise my advice to "search and make sure you're getting a good price with these codes".

I went ahead and grabbed the 100mm version for an older bike since I had an offer for 10% ebay bucks on top of the coupon. $144.?? - $17.??(bucks) = ~$127.50!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by noapathy View Post
    Guess I gotta clue you in. The merchants raise their prices for these "select sellers" promos as soon as the code goes live, eliminating any actual savings. It's been going on a while. Not a deal.
    Maybe I am missing something, but you can look at the listing revisions and see if the price has been changed. Most of the time when I check for these merchant promotions, the price has not been revised.
    You cannot go against nature, because when you do, its part of nature too.

BOOM goes the dynamite!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ottoreni View Post
    Maybe I am missing something, but you can look at the listing revisions and see if the price has been changed. Most of the time when I check for these merchant promotions, the price has not been revised.
    It's been rampant in another deals forum I frequent and happened to me personally with a computer part I was looking at a few months back (put it in the cart, came back 30 minutes later with a higher price that was increased the exact amount the coupon would have saved). I'm not sure they actually qualify as revisions per se when their entire inventory prices change, so it may not be apparent.

The particular dropper mentioned above is running $180 lots of places and less in a couple shops in Europe that charge shipping to the US, but still a decent price.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Good deal. It did not let me double stack. I had $10 in ebay bucks. Oh well. On something else! Pumped on the budget dropper with fixed external connection...

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    @noapathy yes, I've seen sellers do that before and it makes no sense to me. Shoppers are too saavy to be fooled by that.

Full transparency, I work for The Pro's Closet and handle our ebay coupons. We do not raise prices for coupons. While I know some do, it's not our practice, so all of the items in our store are the same price they've been.

BOOM goes the dynamite!
    Thanks for the clarification. I've bought from TPC before with no problem. Good to hear there are at least a few sellers not gaming the system.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Thanks for your business. If you ever need anything don't hesitate to reach out.