Do not order from Bike-Bling- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Do not order from Bike-Bling

I contacted Bike Bling in mid May and asked if they had Sidi Dominators in my size.
    They said they would ship the next day and I would receive tracking info.
    I placed my order on May 19.
    Nothing was sent and I repeatedly called and sent emails.
    I didn't think they were going to send the shoes, or maybe the order didn't go through because I never received a confirmation.

Finally I received an email that the shoes shipped on June 2nd.

The shoes didn't fit so I called and emailed repeatedly, with no response except robo-replies

I contacted Sidi for help. They contacted Bike-Bling who responded immediately, and stated they would send a return auth number, and send a replacement pair of shoes in the proper size.

I received the return auth info and sent the shoes back. I also received a cryptic email stating that shoes were shipped.
    The email had the date from my original purchase, stated the wrong size, and the tracking link didn't work.
    It looks like a copy of my original shipment.

Again, I have repeatedly called or emailed, with no return communication.

The next step will be to pursue fraud.

Do not order from Bike-Bling, they will take your money an jerk you around endlessly.

Bob

Wanna ride bikes?
    I had a poor experience years ago, like 5-6 years ago, never went back. Good to see things have improved...
    Rigid SS 29er
    SS 29+
    Fat Lefty
    SS cyclocross
    Full Sus 29er (Yuck)

Stop asking how much it weighs and just go ride it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    LOL! Thanks, I needed the laugh.

Yeah, it'll work out somehow. I just wanted to warm people to stay away.

I'm pretty patient, not vindictive, and probably give people way too much slack.
    But Bike-Bling really set me off.
    They are either staggeringly incompetent, or intentionally trying to give the worst customer service possible.

Bob

Wanna ride bikes?
    Your experience is slightly more ridiculous than mine, but it brings back very similar memories of absurdity.
    Rigid SS 29er
    SS 29+
    Fat Lefty
    SS cyclocross
    Full Sus 29er (Yuck)

Stop asking how much it weighs and just go ride it.

mtbr member
    Same. Bad experience years & years ago, sounds like nothing's changed. Never spent another dime there, never will.

Sent from my moto g(6) forge using Tapatalk
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Its incompetence, not fraud. Like others, I had a poor experience during my one transaction with them, although eventually I did get my items and they were at a good price.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Update: Sidi was responsive, stating they would try contacting BB. They also stated that they weren't responsible for correcting the issue.
    Fair enough. That wasn't my intention. I knew that they would get more attention than I, and I wanted them to be aware of the behavior of their representative merchants.
    I replied as such, and they said they understood my motivation.

I got home yesterday and there was a message from BB asking that I call so they could provide a rationale for the issue (they are overwhelmed). She also stated that Sidi was sending the shoes yesterday to them and they would ship to me if I still wanted them (I indicated I wanted a refund in my last message).

The idea that they were too overwhelmed is baloney. I'm a mediocre typist and I can fire off a detailed email in 60 seconds. And they would not answer their phone.
    AND they suddenly found the time to respond when prodded by a vendor.

The reason I'm going through the trouble of documenting this is I want people to see that I've been completely reasonable, and they have been jerks.

The initial delay in shipping was inexcusable: they told me the shoes would ship immediately.
    They also provided no email confirmation of the order (until it shipped AFTER Sidi intervened) and ignored my communication.

The second issue, attaining a return auth, was also inexcusable. A quick personal email with some sort of explanation would have gone a long way.

And the third issue(s), the bizarre email implying replacement shoes were sent, not responding to email and calls: no excuse.

A single issue is forgivable. Multiple issues are a pattern.
    Thanks for reading my rant!

Bob

mtbr member
    Jun 2020
    FWIW, I placed an order through them on Friday. On Saturday I received a minute and a half long voicemail from somebody advising me that the color of my helmet has sold out, and that they would upgrade me to the newer model for no additional cost. They provided their personal cell and told me to call them to decide what I want to do.

Somewhat stupidly on my part though, I missed the voicemail until yesterday. I sent an email early Tuesday morning and had not heard a peep from the company, confirming that theyíre probably getting overloaded with emails at the moment. I canít say Iíve read good things about them online but thus far Iím extremely impressed. I wouldnít hesitate to order from them again, but only if I was willing to risk potentially having an issue like you described.

(Just my experience, Iím not a shill.)

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Bike bling is, primarily, a brick and mortar shop. Moreso than many other parts vendors. And shops around the country are completely overwhelmed with people trying to get old bikes refurbished, while dealing with some once in a lifetime parts shortages (Try finding semi slick 26" tires in 1.75 or 2.0 right now. The country is also almost out of 26Ē Schrader tubes). Their service was never very good but they don't rip people off.

mtbr member
    I've bought items from BikeBling over the years, including several high dollar items. They delivered as promised with a decent price. However I'm probably done with this shop after my current experience. Like OP, I've been very reasonable and understanding while they try to correct a mistake. But it's taking a month to sort out something that should have taken a few minutes, even in during Covid. What's even more puzzling is I've spoken on the phone and over email half dozen times with an agreed upon solution, but they are just failing at executing (a simple return or exchange). It has taken up a considerable amount of my time trying to contact them.

Seem like a nice group but it's just not worth it. Better options out there for sure!

There's always next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by 92gli View Post
    Bike bling is, primarily, a brick and mortar shop. Moreso than many other parts vendors. And shops around the country are completely overwhelmed with people trying to get old bikes refurbished, while dealing with some once in a lifetime parts shortages (Try finding semi slick 26" tires in 1.75 or 2.0 right now. The country is also almost out of 26Ē Schrader tubes). Their service was never very good but they don't rip people off.
    This is going to sound like an excuse too, but I think for any shop with a physical presence is slammed right now. I visited a local shop in the Seattle area yesterday-- they said that they normally have 600-800 bikes on the floor. They are lucky to have 100 right now--additionally, they aren't even taking repairs currently until they clear their backlog. COVID really is keeping shops crazy busy, and I can't think of a sane way for shops to scale up responsibly, as this too shall pass. Again, not an excuse--poor CS as described in this thread isn't ok.

BikeBling was a local shop when I lived down in the SD area, and I've always gotten the feeling that their website is more of a bonus to their business. I hadn't ordered with them via the internet for 10+ years until this December when they were able to get me an amazing deal on the (then) just released Intense Sniper T frame. At times, their CS isn't top tier (I think their online side gets overwhelmed--and I can only think its worse now), but they saved me hundreds on this last order. But with that said, I'm only willing to shop online with places that give me some sort of idea of their stock (Jenson, Universal, CC/Backcountry). If I was local though, I'd still go visit and shop at BB's location.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I ordered some pedals from bike bling about 2 months ago. After 30 days my order was still processing. I sent an email and and canceled it, which they did right away.

I was able to get the pedals in two days from amazon.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I ordered a bike from them in May. Before ordering, I confirmed with the manufacturer that Bike Bling would get the bike in 2-3 days. So I ordered. It took them 2.5 weeks to get the bike. Then they sent it out via UPS. After 10 days, UPS still hadn't scanned the item. Kerry made no effort to reach out to UPS. I cancelled the order and bought it somewhere else. That one got here in 3 days. Never again Bike Bling.