Crank Bros Mallets- Mtbr.com

Mar 2004

Crank Bros Mallets

Just bought a new set on Ebay for $68 shipped. I don't think I got jobbed. Do you? They seem to be a good compromise between the two worlds.

I hit some tough xc this weekend and my foot was slipping off my zu-zu's. The hills at Chimney Rock in NJ are pretty rough and I was longing for clipless. So I just took the plunge.

We get titles?

great price

Quote Originally Posted by Philo Beddoe
    Just bought a new set on Ebay for $68 shipped. I don't think I got jobbed. Do you? They seem to be a good compromise between the two worlds.

I hit some tough xc this weekend and my foot was slipping off my zu-zu's. The hills at Chimney Rock in NJ are pretty rough and I was longing for clipless. So I just took the plunge.
    $68 shipped is a great price.
    I got mine from jenson with a price match from beyond bikes for $59 + shipping. I like 'em, but for XC riding, I'll stick with my standard Eggs. Those Mallets weigh a ton.

Mar 2004

yes

Quote Originally Posted by upNdown
    I got mine from jenson with a price match from beyond bikes for $59 + shipping. I like 'em, but for XC riding, I'll stick with my standard Eggs. Those Mallets weigh a ton.

They do look pretty enormous. I do different types of riding so I wanted to give these a try. I don't want to be swapping pedals all the time. I will wind up stripping my crank knowing the luck I have working on cars and bikes.

Tonight we ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by upNdown
    There's a magnesium version of the Mallets out now, they weigh 464g per pair. Still, I find the 540g if the Mallet Cs to be very reasonable considering the size of the platform. You can remove the steel traction plates to lighten them a bit. The ones with the short teeth don't really contribute to grip.

Mar 2004

cool but

Quote Originally Posted by fonseca
    There's a magnesium version of the Mallets out now, they weigh 464g per pair. Still, I find the 540g if the Mallet Cs to be very reasonable considering the size of the platform. You can remove the steel traction plates to lighten them a bit. The ones with the short teeth don't really contribute to grip.
    But we are talking about 80 grams which is 2.82 oz. I am not racing. I think alot of people get carried away when talking about weight anyway. Most don't even probably know what a gram is.

drev-il, not Dr. Evil!
    Quote Originally Posted by Philo Beddoe
    Most don't even probably know what a gram is.
    About a paperclip, according to my third grade teacher I knew something useful would come from finishing elementary school!