mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Chain Reaction ceasing Shimano sales to N. America

5% additional discount on Shimano items thru 12/31.
    After that, no more Shimano from CRC.

Honestly I haven't ordered Shimano from them in a while. Seems like their prices went up and Jenson went down a couple years back.

Wondering if similar actions will follow at other UK shops and German shops.

BOOM goes the dynamite!
    Since they're the same thing as wiggle, may as well add them to the list (it's on their home page along with the same 5% discount through 12/30). Silly Shimano and their weird pricing system.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I think enough LBS gave shimano an ear full about allowing vendors to sell below dealer cost.

Land of the 230+
    Yeah, same thing happened with SRAM components last year. But SRAM is worse, since they demand everyone sell at full MSRP, at least if you want to get a mfr warranty.

BOOM goes the dynamite!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuitsBoy View Post
    Yeah, same thing happened with SRAM components last year. But SRAM is worse, since they demand everyone sell at full MSRP, at least if you want to get a mfr warranty.
    Speaking of other brands, is it just me or did SunRace cassette prices get jacked up recently?

Nor­wegr
    This goes both ways, certain brands aren't available from the US to anywhere else. It's likely to be enforced by Shimano and not CRC themselves.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jonshonda View Post
    I think enough LBS gave shimano an ear full about allowing vendors to sell below dealer cost.
    Doubt it. Look online at Jenson and Backcountry... they both have lower prices than CRC these days.

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    No !!! ugh. should have ordered more. What I want is now OOS

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Doubt it. Look online at Jenson and Backcountry... they both have lower prices than CRC these days.
    was ordering XT brakes for $80 shipped from CRC. Jenson is like $100 for same exact thing. CRC beat most of Jenson's prices on XT stuff up until I looked last night.

BOOM goes the dynamite!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anger View Post
    was ordering XT brakes for $80 shipped from CRC. Jenson is like $100 for same exact thing. CRC beat most of Jenson's prices on XT stuff up until I looked last night.
    They added a new coupon to the mix. 20 off 150...still not exactly the same for sure but still. The SLX is still there for $130 after the coupon (assuming it applies...didn't test). Jenson's $150/set.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by noapathy View Post
    They added a new coupon to the mix. 20 off 150...still not exactly the same for sure but still. The SLX is still there for $130 after the coupon (assuming it applies...didn't test). Jenson's $150/set.
    The $20 off $150 doesn't apply to the SLX brakes. It only applies to "SALE" items. Which is only stuff marked "SALE" as opposed to stuff that is "on sale" or discounted. Typical CRC t&c hoops to jump through.

mtbr member
    Nov 2017
    Just comparing, it looks like CRC is still cheaper than anyone else on Icetech rotors. $42-45 a piece (with the 5% SHIMANO code) for the nice vented RT99s.

BOOM goes the dynamite!
    Quote Originally Posted by InertiaMan View Post
    The $20 off $150 doesn't apply to the SLX brakes. It only applies to "SALE" items. Which is only stuff marked "SALE" as opposed to stuff that is "on sale" or discounted. Typical CRC t&c hoops to jump through.
    Figures.
    Last edited by noapathy; 12-28-2018 at 08:35 AM.

mtbr member
    I can proxy for anyone considering i live 30mins away from the Belfast store

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Corkin View Post
    What I'm most interested in, is the actual prices - even though I can't order. I had a bunch of shimano stuff in my wish list - which showed me the prices. Like a dumbass, I removed it. Now I can't see the prices on Shimano. I like to use the CRC prices as a measuring stick to know that I'm not overpaying (much) elsewhere.

I did find another overseas online source that has prices that beat CRC on some items to the USA but not all. PM me for info. I don't want to ruin a good thing.

mtbr member
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Corkin View Post
    That's a very kind offer, but wouldn't you have to pay VAT, which largely negates the savings advantage that USA shoppers at CRC enjoyed?

Friendly Neighborhood MTBer
    Ribble had some nice deals on Shimano parts, but they too discontinued Shimano sales to the USA just a couple of days ago. Apparently it's a global world for jobs and manufacturing (saving money) but a local world for retail sales (making money)
    If you can't play, display.