Canadian costumers- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Canadian costumers

I will be in the Montreal area, if I ordered some stuff from pricepoint,how long could take to arrive ?? and I do have to pay custom dutys or aditional taxes ??

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Any mail order shop that uses a courier service (Price Point, Jenson) may end up costing you $$$ in brokerage fees. Sometimes as high as $25cdn.

Look for online stores that ship USPS (not UPS) to Canada. It'll take longer to get your stuff, but you'll only be billed GST.

Another alternative is to put in a large order so the brokerage isn't as hard of a hit...

mtbr member

Custom Taxes ??

When you said brockerage fee, do you mean shipping and handlind cost ?.
    If that is the case I am not to worry obout since the order must be around $ 1000, my main concern is If some taxes or custom are applied.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Shipping from Jenson includes all brokerage fees as well as applicable CANADIAN taxes! Just got my order via UPS very quickly, no additional costs or tax. They had to get a couple of items into stock and did that very quickly, and they price match as well. Pricepoint ships via USPS at fixed rates and you pay $5 brokerage in addition to any Quebec tax when you pick up at the post office, or if you catch the delivery guy. I've ordered from both places and although pricepoint is good, I think Jenson is considerably better.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    We offer $10 shipping via usps to Canada.(oversized items a bit more, items too large for usps may get hit with some brokerage is they need to go fed ex) Currently the site isn't set up to take international orders but you can order via phone, fax or email and we will call you to get the billing info.
    www.treefortbikes.com Just lauched V2.0 with free shipping and low prices!

mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Don't pay brokerage fees

I have yet to do this but a friend has. He refused to pay the brokerage fee and went to the airport and paid the custom duty fees himself.
    This way, the fee is much smaller and you don't pay the delivery people their high brokerage fee.
    I beleieve that all you need is your delievery slip which the driver should give you and then you bring that to the customs agent at the airport and they will stamp it then you go to the delivery warehouse and pick up your package.

Members who have read this thread: 0