mtbr member

Camelbak Hydro packs

Pretty good deal on Woot. One day only or until sold out.
    Niner Jet 9 RDO, Scalpel 29, XTC 650b, 04 Stumpjumper FSR Pro, Trek Rigid SS - No suspension, no gears....no problem

mtbr member
    That is a great deal! I picked up a lobo. Thanks!
    On MTBR, the reputation is infamous.

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Nice! bought a new lobo. My wife will get my old one for hiking.

BOOM goes the dynamite!
    Very cool! Been wanting to try out the KUDU for a while now.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Iím not sure if I want to go for the ski one or the lobo. 1-2L is plenty if I preload. Zippers, high flow rate and a cool back are the most important features.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    Thanks, I got a KUDU. I've been carrying a lot of stuff on rides with my kids anyway, so the back protection is a bonus.

mtbr member
    Oct 2017
    Thanks, grabbed a Lobo for myself as well

mtbr member
    May 2014
    grabbed the lobo saw no info on the zoid.

Rent this space for $
    Great find! Just popped for the lime flavored Kudu.

Edit:I wasn't paying that close of attention to the Kudu model but just hopped on to Art's where I had been recently looking and considering a new pack to fill in for my Mule NV. This Kudu is in fact, the frikkin' $200 version I had been looking at!!

So, thanks again! That was a better deal than I thought!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    Thanks OP and repped for a good deal.

Want the lobo here. got two, one for me, one for gfriend. not the prettiest color but i hardly ever never care about color if it's on sale. edit. got the last one. could not buy two. oh well. I got this $30 unit from amazon which is ok https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LLO83WA

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Anger View Post
    lobo here. got two, one for me, one for gfriend. not the prettiest color but i hardly ever never care about color if it's on sale. edit. got the last one. could not buy two. oh well. I got this $30 unit from amazon which is ok https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LLO83WA
    Those $20-30 packs on amazon really suck. They rip, bladder smell, lack zippers, have small openings, poor attachment systems etc.

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by jokaankit View Post
    Those $20-30 packs on amazon really suck. They rip, bladder smell, lack zippers, have small openings, poor attachment systems etc.

Mine's been ok so far. I'm sure the quality isn't the best, but I don't have any complaints yet. Not used a heck of a lot until recently. I don't notice the bladder smell, and the main zipper pocket is enough for me. The main mesh pocket is ok too.

Land of the 230+
    Thanks for this! Grabbed a kudu for a steal!

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    thanks for the tip, OP. picked up a lobo earlier. wanted a slightly smaller pack and my old camelbak reservoir needed replacing.

Rent this space for $
    Follow up. Thanks again. It was for real!

Just got my Kudu12 today. The timing for this was epic as my Mule NV is getting tired. Still good but tired and it's going to be my designated trail building pack since my old Mule is the old, small version.

Lime green rocks for color! Right now I'm headed out to douse it in Aero 303 fabric protectant spray to give a more waterproof, stain proof, UV protection and tomorrow it will get loaded with gear.

Camelbak Hydro packs-psx_20180828_130348.jpg
    Camelbak Hydro packs-psx_20180828_130419.jpg

BOOM goes the dynamite!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oh My Sack! View Post

Just got my Kudu12 today. The timing for this was epic as my Mule NV is getting tired. Still good but tired and it's going to be my designated trail building pack since my old Mule is the old, small version.

Lime green rocks for color! Right now I'm headed out to douse it in Aero 303 fabric protectant spray to give a more waterproof, stain proof, UV protection and tomorrow it will get loaded with gear.
    Nice! Haven't opened mine yet. Have you played with the fit yet? Just wondering how it feels compared to the Mule NV.

Rent this space for $
    My Mule NV is pretty comfortable and I'm walking around with this Kudu on and having a hard time trying to decide if it's much different. With the protective plate installed, it's a bit heavier and the back rest doesn't seem to stand off your back as much as the NV does but the whole thing, especially shoulders, feels real good.

I got 2 soaking coats of 303 on mine and being a nice warm and breezy day, it cured very quickly so I have everything out of my NV and into the Kudu. The storage is easier for pads and my Bell Super2 chinbar in the outer convertible stow. I can tell already that rather than leaving them behind, I will definitely have my pads and chinbar along for every ride rather than just the ones I know and plan to get rowdy on.

I didn't realize that they have improved the bladders, again. The twist lid is better designed and the hose larger in diameter. Also, I spaced on the upper torso buckle's design for a second thinking "WTF?" only to realize I was looking at a built in whistle! I find that awesome because I had JUST attached my Fox40 whistle which I use a lot to haze those trail users wearing earbuds and not paying any attention to their surroundings.

The tool wrap is added bonus, too. I have one already and had to pay $19 I think just for that! Now I'll have one outfitted for each of my riding packs, the Palos LR4 and now this Kudu.

This was really an awesome purchase on all accounts. I love getting cool shit for almost nothing!

BOOM goes the dynamite!
    ^^^Wow, thanks for that! I didn't realize it had so many features beyond just the protection to account for the extra weight. They're keeping their engineers busy!

I already keep a whistle in my pack...now, thanks to you I have a use for it besides a potential emergency.

Rent this space for $
    Yeah, I don't blatantly sneek up on the clueless but usually give them a good blast from a distance and they always start looking around to see where it came from and then, there I am! From the emergency standpoint, it's definitely a good idea to have one available.

mtbr member

Glad it worked out for so many, only wish I would've picked one up for myself also but I already have an unused spare, can't add hydro-pack hoarder to the list of other things I'm hoarding too.
    Niner Jet 9 RDO, Scalpel 29, XTC 650b, 04 Stumpjumper FSR Pro, Trek Rigid SS - No suspension, no gears....no problem

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    The low rider is available again
    https://sport.woot.com/offers/camelb...5080_351121060

I received my new lobo. Kinda disappointed that they removed the upper pockets. That was where my cel phone always went. With it up high, it survived several crashes where I ended up on my back. Now it has to sit in a pocket at the bottom.
    The magnet thing is cool, but why not have the little strap for the receiver on BOTH shoulder straps?

mtbr member
    Oct 2017
    Mine came Monday and it looks great. Didn't take any pics but I grabbed the LOBO. I was about to post that they have a special again today but 92gli beat me to it. GREAT DEALS

BOOM goes the dynamite!
    Quote Originally Posted by upstateSC-rider View Post
    Glad it worked out for so many, only wish I would've picked one up for myself also but I already have an unused spare, can't add hydro-pack hoarder to the list of other things I'm hoarding too.
    Sure you can. Just nest them inside each other like those Russian dolls.

Rent this space for $
    Quote Originally Posted by noapathy View Post
    Sure you can. Just nest them inside each other like those Russian dolls.
    I'm thinking about getting the Skyline low rider. It should fit inside the Kudu12.

Edit: F***! Sold Out!

BOOM goes the dynamite!
    I'm thinking about getting the Skyline low rider. It should fit inside the Kudu12.

Edit: F***! Sold Out!
    That was fast. Guess hoarding wasn't meant to be (this time 'round).

Rent this space for $
    Quote Originally Posted by noapathy View Post
    That was fast. Guess hoarding wasn't meant to be (this time 'round).
    I was able to take advantage of their killer deal on Monkey Chow, though! Sweet! 500 pounds packed in 50# bags with free shipping. Only $36!!

Anyone know where I can get a monkey for relatively cheap?

Rent this space for $
    Oh, hey upstateSC-rider! I'm not sure if I should kick your ass or give you a hug for introducing me to Woot. Today's Woot has a 12pc Simplisafe alarm system for $199. I'm already set up with one but wanted to do some add-ons of components, all of which are in the package for a huge savings over what it would have cost me to buy individually.

This is starting to remind me of the killer days of Chainlove online from when I first started riding. I outfitted myself with tons of top notch riding gear for pennies on the dollar! I'm afraid I'm going to have to unsubscribe to the email, though!

BOOM goes the dynamite!
    I was able to take advantage of their killer deal on Monkey Chow, though! Sweet! 500 pounds packed in 50# bags with free shipping. Only $36!!

Anyone know where I can get a monkey for relatively cheap?
    Someone may have a problem. Also, reminded me of this random thing...

Camelbak Hydro packs-chow2.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Do these not come with the crux hydration bladders? Seems like the old style to me.

BOOM goes the dynamite!
    Quote Originally Posted by jokaankit View Post
    Do these not come with the crux hydration bladders? Seems like the old style to me.
    Look at Oh My Sack's first pic. Tag says Crux (mine, too)...dunno what else to say.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Only the lobo model doesnít get the newer crux hydration pack on this woot deal. Still well worth it. The magnet feature and ease of removal make this pack super convenient. The KUDU model was the real deal. Way too much pack for me.

BOOM goes the dynamite!
    Ahhh, nope. Older bladder, but still very good. I actually like the lobo a lot, too...can't buy everything though...unless it's monkey food?

mtbr member
    Jan 2018
    If you missed the deal, there's already someone selling them on FB for a substantial mark-up...

mtbr member
    Jan 2018
    Kudu back up on woot.

BOOM goes the dynamite!
    Quote Originally Posted by theLark View Post
    Kudu back up on woot.
    And...gone again.

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Nevermind

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    Just curious, but how much were the K.U.D.U. selling for? Iím debating between a K.U.D.U. and the skyline.

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Iíll sell $70 shipped usa

Rent this space for $
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandals View Post
    Just curious, but how much were the K.U.D.U. selling for? Iím debating between a K.U.D.U. and the skyline.
    Insane deal. $39 bucks!

I'm liking mine.

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    Nice! Iím still on the fence about K.U.D.U. 8, 12, or a Gregory drift.

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    I got rid of the '16 lobo I bought on woot after one ride! The super stiff insert and pads in the back was brutal. FYI - they went back to a softer back construction on the '18 model. The stiff back was clearly a failed design.

I ended up buying another '14 lobo on ebay, NOS. Paid more for it but worth it. Soft back, separate upper pocket for my phone... perfection for my needs. Easier to get a full bladder into the '14 as well.

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    I ordered a 2017 skyline, not a huge fan of the color, but for 50.00 on Amazon figured it was worth a try and I can always send it back. I took an old minimalist Camelbak out on a couple rides and decided low weight and just enough storage would be worth a try.

It's carbon dontcha know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandals View Post
    I ordered a 2017 skyline, not a huge fan of the color, but for 50.00 on Amazon figured it was worth a try and I can always send it back. I took an old minimalist Camelbak out on a couple rides and decided low weight and just enough storage would be worth a try.
    I've been using a Skyline 10 LR as my main pack for longer rides for the last few years with no complaints, other than a little too small for big days when I need to carry jacket and water filter. I just picked up a new MULE LR to see how that compares.
    Rolling on 29", 650b, 8.3" and 23mm

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by 6thElement View Post
    I've been using a Skyline 10 LR as my main pack for longer rides for the last few years with no complaints, other than a little too small for big days when I need to carry jacket and water filter. I just picked up a new MULE LR to see how that compares.
    I packed up the skyline and itís right where I need for just enough gear to support a 3-15 mile ride. Iíve got a larger Dakine for longer rides and a day pack if Iíve got to carry a lot of bulky gear.