Cambria Cust service sucks!!!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2006

No good Cambria Cust service sucks!!!

In early April I placed an order with Cambria outfitters. I was notified that 1 of the items was backordered,( this info should have mentioned on their website!), and The ordered would be delayed. No estimate of the delay time.Three weeks later I was notified that the order was sent via UPS with a tracking number. The order never arrived. The last scans say it was in town on the truck for delivery the morning of april 26. Ups states the scans are not actually scanned along the way but are estimates, so it's up to the sender to trace the Item (ie. prove it was sent!???). I sent an email to Cambria asking them to trace it. No response. Contacted them again . They sent me the same friggin' tracking number? What incompetence! I wanted them to cancel the order! No , they have to send you a RA # after you recieve the Item and call them! Still waiting on the items which I don't need now! Wise up Cambria! I've placed many orders with PERFORMANCE, NASHBAR, PRICEPOINT amongst others without this kind of BS. Do business with this company at your own risk! I must go cool down now....

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Did you call UPS with your tracking number? Did you ever call to cancel the order?

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Get this, the only answer they had to my last email about canceling my order in light of the problems with delivery was " please refer to our policy on refusal of packages". Nice...THEY TRULY SUCK!!!

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Yes , as I stated, I did contact UPS and cambria. UPS stated It was up to Cambria to follow up. How long is a reasonable amount of time for this to be taken care of? How about a little help from cambria, and I don't mean help like the silly email they just sent me.

Older than I feel
    Aug 2006
    FWIW Cambria now seems to be using FedEx ground instead of UPS. That may account for some of the disconnect between Cambria and UPS.

I have had mixed results when using email to talk to Cambria. I suggest you use the phone instead.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Did you ask Cambria to start a claim? It sounds like UPS is in fault..

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I sent them an email.Told them what ups stated. asked them to start a trace with UPS. yes, UPS holds some responsibility when it comes to actually delivering the package, but how do you explain the Cambria disconnect with customer service? Why would the send me the same tracking number a month later? Would'nt they think " hey, this guys waited a month for this, let's check on his shipment" instead of sending the same tracking number (1z7459140350206559)again?DUH! And why not give their customers the choice of partial shipment until the back ordered item arrives as nashbar or performance do? com' on, three weeks is a long time to hold someone's order up. I placed the order with Cambria, not ups.Never again

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    True, Maybe they didn't realize it wasn't delivered or something who knows.. I've worked for mail order companies before.. at a certain point their at the whim of the carrier. Did Cambria start a claim for you? I thought a customer could start claims with ups. Maybe not? I think Camrbia offers split shipments you just have to ask otherwise the order gets held.. Most places do.. some have backorder shipping rates which are like $3.00 or so ( I know Jenson does).. That sucks that you had a bad experience... From my experience if you call the company sometimes they'll give you a good deal on some else if there's been a problem with a previous order. Good luck let us know how it gets settled.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Just so you know

You may already know this, but if you order something with a credit card and you never get it in the mail, you don't have to pay for it [period]

Call the CC company and tell em you never got it, they will send you a form to sign and it will be a done deal.

(you will still have to find the item you want somewhere else, but at least you are not out the cash)

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Charge backs are tricky. The company can fight it, if they can prove they shipped it and it didn't get returned to them. But you're right the bank will put the money back, but they have to inform the company before the money is actually put back on the card. With a situation like this where the package appears to be lost.. UPS should refund the company if they have insurance or whatever.. which I'm sure they do and then the company refunds the customer.. Plus charge backs look bad on you if in return the company fights in and wins.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Yea, just don't need to deal with this. That's ok though, little cool down period and I'll try credit card company. Thanks for listening to the rant.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    OK, so Cambria sends me an email stating they are not responsible for lost packages, UPS is and now I have to deal with UPS. So UPS has issued me a claim number. HUMMMM.... so once once Cambria ships the package thats where their responsibility ends.Buyer beware. Lets see how this ends.

Quote Originally Posted by wanderoo222
    OK, so Cambria sends me an email stating they are not responsible for lost packages, UPS is and now I have to deal with UPS. So UPS has issued me a claim number. HUMMMM.... so once once Cambria ships the package thats where their responsibility ends.Buyer beware. Lets see how this ends.
    Uhh...you would expect a company with no control over the shipping company to be responsible for the package after they ship it? Seems like a rather unreasonable expectation. Good luck finding any place that will accept responsibility for lost packages. If the shipping agent messes it up, it's the shipping agent's fault.

One can see how your's is a frustrating and unfortunate situation, but it seems like a lot of the blame should not be directed so much at CBO.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeMk
    Uhh...you would expect a company with no control over the shipping company to be responsible for the package after they ship it? Seems like a rather unreasonable expectation. Good luck finding any place that will accept responsibility for lost packages. If the shipping agent messes it up, it's the shipping agent's fault.

One can see how your's is a frustrating and unfortunate situation, but it seems like a lot of the blame should not be directed so much at CBO.
    Maybe not their fault for losing the package, but if their customer does not receive the item they ordered, its as though the transaction never took place since goods were never delivered, but money has been paid - so this is definitely not a way to conduct business. Considering that CBO contracted the courier to deliver packages - I believe it is only a good business practice for them to initiate the claim and make the customer whole. This is America and the customer is always right - no?

Emax

K Lives
    in principle this is all good discussion, but the lost item was a pair of dice schrader valve caps. 35 cents

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by General Havoc
    You may already know this, but if you order something with a credit card and you never get it in the mail, you don't have to pay for it [period]

Call the CC company and tell em you never got it, they will send you a form to sign and it will be a done deal.

(you will still have to find the item you want somewhere else, but at least you are not out the cash)
    I 2nd that. That is what I did with NASHBAR where they refused to cancel the order way ahead of being shipped, I just refused the package. I got it all back including S&H charges only thanks to my CC.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    The company will usually refund once the claim goes through... Hey, you gotta take into consideration that they pay UPS for their service.. They're probably just as upset with them as the customer..

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I'm not sure you can legally disclaim any responsibility for lost packages once they've shipped. Sure, you can say it, put that doesn't mean squat legally since you can't enter into an agreement that contradicts the law. As a buyer I have a stated policy of, "If I pay for it, I expect to receive it. If I don't I'm going to file a chargeback and email the BBB in your state." That's *my* policy. If stores don't like the fact I expect to get what I paid for, then they can decide not to sell to me

mtbr member
    Wanderoo222, you haven't really provided any enough detail in your story for it to be credible. Why, if it has been so long, didn't you call Cambria? If they did not respond to my e-mail, I would have called to determine what was the problem. Your thread seems to just want to bash Cambria, without providing a full explanation. Maybe you could elaborate and explain why you didn't call them and really try to fix the problem.

It seems to me the TRUE problem is with UPS losing your package not Cambria. They shipped the package (delayed) as they said they would. I would be upset with UPS, they seem to be blowing you off. Why is it that the person who wants the package can't track it? Something fishy going on with this thread.
    It is difficult for some people to use the two words "too" and "to" appropriately.

"I had to go where I went, to get where I am. Any other path would have taken me elsewhere, and I may have missed the joy."

Members who have read this thread: 0