Bike Inn?- Mtbr.com

Thread: Bike Inn?

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Bike Inn?

Anyone order from Bike Inn? This site seem legit and carries alot of good brands. The prices are incredible! For example I'm looking to buy a Selle Italia Kit Carbono SLR Flow saddle and lowest price I've found has been a competitive $249. Bike Inn has it for $158! Then I was looking at the Shimano XTR Shadow plus rear der. and Bike Inn has it for $173 its been on sale also for $249 at the lowest.

So anyone used Bike Inn? Was it a good experience?

Online bike shop, buy online bikes & cycling equipment

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I was just looking at BikeInn, lol. They had some cheap prices on tires. Way too cheap that I was questioning whether it was a legit site or not.
    Anyone?

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Yeah I have, purchased a pair of Sidi Dragons a few years ago for about $200 cheaper than I could find anywhere else. Paid for them with paypal or credit card and hoped they would turn up and they did within a short space of time! One person doesn't make a conclusive straw poll, but I would have no hesitation buying from them again

quiggs

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Yeah, their prices are unbelievable that you wonder of its legit.

Anyone else use Bike Inn?

mtbr member
    I placed an order 11 days ago and it still hasn't shipped. When I tried to use their contact page, I get "Problemas enviando correo electrůnico" (problem sending email). I'm contacting my credit card company to tell them to refuse the charge when it comes through.
    Pivot Switchblade
    SantaCruz Tallboy C
    SantaCruz Solo C
    Specialized Fatboy
    Trek Madone 8
    Lemond Zurich

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I think that is a wise decision. I've been checking on the web about them and it seems there are many people with your same problem. My LBS did tell me he's willing to match any internet price because he said he recognizes his competition has changed and that he has to compete with the net. So, I'll just print off some of these prices and get them through my LBS. See if your LBS may be willing to match Bikeinn prices. They just might...

Huckin' trails
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev. 14 View Post
    I think that is a wise decision. I've been checking on the web about them and it seems there are many people with your same problem. My LBS did tell me he's willing to match any internet price because he said he recognizes his competition has changed and that he has to compete with the net. So, I'll just print off some of these prices and get them through my LBS. See if your LBS may be willing to match Bikeinn prices. They just might...
    Hehe, remember that most of the parts your LBS can get they paid between 50-60% off the MSRP... So if you get to them with a price for a special sale that has let's say XT brakeset for $100 instead of the $350 some MSRP, you're not helping them...
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

Extra Crispy
    Quote Originally Posted by David C View Post
    Hehe, remember that most of the parts your LBS can get they paid between 50-60% off the MSRP... So if you get to them with a price for a special sale that has let's say XT brakeset for $100 instead of the $350 some MSRP, you're not helping them...
    Yeah, I was just going to say... walking in and having the LBS match prices that could be a scam doesn't help them...
    Now with eggs.

Huckin' trails
    My LBS are giving me great service and I'd hate to go there to ask them to price match some stuff that I can just buy online anyways and not run them down to the ground. They have to make their money by selling full price to be able to offer you good service. That's why I buy online and get the lbs to wrench.
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

Extra Crispy
    That's why I buy online and get the lbs to wrench.
    Same. I'm sure I could've de-tensioned and re-tensioned the Hope Hoops I just got (spoke tensions were all over the map out of the box), but I wanted to make sure it was done correctly so I went in and asked to talk to a wheel guru. I've gone in with my bike before asking for them to diagnose stuff and have offered to pay them for their time (just diagnosis, no wrenching) and they've always laughed it off, so there's nothing to complain about there.

I am disappointed though, because the LBSes here in Ohio (at least northern Ohio) are a different breed... they're all chain stores like Performance. There aren't any mom-and-pop stores where people like Sheldon Brown work, so I find that the people working at them don't really have knowledge of a lot of what's on the market. I imagine that's very different when you get out west or down into Appalachia towards the east coast.
    Now with eggs.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Well the shop owner made the offer and he has stood by it. Took a friend in who found an outstanding price on a REBA fork online, he printed the ad and took it in. The shop owner was happy to do it. His whole thing is he wants customers coming to him for anything they need, he said the internet has changed the game and so he said he's changing to play in the game. Look, his philosophy is customers to remember his service then they go back. When they need tune up, they go to him, when they need to go tubeless, they go to him. WHen they are in a pinch and need tires, tubes, or whatever, they drop by his shop. He says this competitive service he gives will bring customers back, and the word of mouth on the trail? Well he said he couldn't pay for that. How about us discussing this on MTBR, I haven't mentioned his shop name but if I did, again he says that advertisement is priceless.

Let me be clear, I'm not saying to print off your whole build list, but a few things here and there is not that bad. I agree there is extremes that would be boarding on taking advantage of good thing and would become a downright annoyance to the owner. I bought my whole bike from this shop, and ordered some upgrade parts via ebay. So I do believe in supporting these guys. My 2 cents...

mtbr member
    Years have passed since last entry. I placed order and will never do it again. Spare yourself the anxiety. First they wanted copy of my passport. I said no way. Then suddenly they claim item is shipped but they never send the tracking info.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    alternative might be bike-discount.de as they (and hibike.com) seemed to have comparable or better prices though I only looked at maybe 10-15 items.
    I just placed a large order and compared several of the german online stores including bikeinn.com, bike-components. and bike-discount.de and hibike.com.

mtbr member
    Hi, any update on Bikeinn legitimacy to date? Planning to buy a big ticket item from them. I have been looking for an item that is unavailable in my country, and many online stores either don't sell, no stock or unable to deliver to my country. It seems like Bikeinn is the only online store that has ready stock and able to ship the item to my country. Thanks for your advise!

mtbr member
    I've purchased from them recently and the item was shipped from Spain to the U.S. I had no problems and would order from them again.
    '15 Spesh Epic World Cup
    '16 Spesh Crux
    '17 Spesh Epic HT

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I ordered some tires and had no problem, although don't order anything from them if you're in a rush. Tires took almost 2 weeks to arrive to Oregon.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I recently took a chance on them based on a user's review that the service had improved and I got burned. Of course I did it with good insurance coverage via Wells Fargo and American Express, but it was a really bad experience dealing with them and them not covering their screw-ups even though they had the full documentation that the package was lost by them on their side.
    So based on all the the previous reviews and this experience for me, they are still only at about a 50% success as my (other order arrived without a hitch.) But that really doesn't matter because of the difficulty with customer service and having to get my money back thru We Fargo. (which was really easy btw....wonder why )
    So, if you don't really need anything in a timely manner (my successful order took 3 weeks !) and if you have good backup on your payment then.....
    Last edited by glovemtb; 03-21-2019 at 08:26 AM.

mtbr member
    Ordered a x01 1295 cassette last week before reading reviews and was nervous. Paid $298 with shipping which was a decent deal imo. Got a tracking order within a day and tracked it all the way to socal. Made it here in a week, so hereís a good experience with them. With their prices, hope this continues.
    Ď19 orbea oiz tr
    '16 Scott Genius 700 Premium traded in
    Cervelo R3sl
    Seven Alta
    Curtlo h/t

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    I ordered tires on the 14th. It said they would arrive within a few days, don't remember exactly but I think it said 17th-20th. On the 20th, their intl tracking app said they arrived at the country of destination. I sure hope that means the US. The tracking hasn't updated since then. I went back to the order page today and it says if i order today they will be here in 5 or 6 days.

I don't think so.

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    My bad!!! April 20 it says SENT to the country of destination lol. I do hope they didn't take a boat.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012

Bike Inn?

Quote Originally Posted by OldBlue950 View Post
    My bad!!! April 20 it says SENT to the country of destination lol. I do hope they didn't take a boat.
    Same here. The 20th for me too! But that meant getting to Illinois.

Tracking now says by the 25th. Hopefully its true.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2019 SANTA CRUZ HIGHBALL CC (Custom Built)
    2014 TREK FARLEY
    2013 TREK RUMBLEFISH PRO
    2012 TREK SUPERFLY AL ELITE

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    I don't trust their tracking app. At first there was an entry for April 15th, but that changed to April 16.

Now I'm suspicious that they actually changed "arrived at" to "sent to", because I've checked it every day this week and find it hard (but not impossible lol) to believe I misread it every time.

Let me know if you get the wrong tires bapski lol.

mtbr member
    I ordered tires on the 14th. It said they would arrive within a few days, don't remember exactly but I think it said 17th-20th. On the 20th, their intl tracking app said they arrived at the country of destination. I sure hope that means the US. The tracking hasn't updated since then. I went back to the order page today and it says if i order today they will be here in 5 or 6 days.

I don't think so.
    Sometimes stuff will get held up in Customs. No fault of the shipper.
    Bucksaw, Farley, and a Sturgis....

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    BikeInn and a few other international bike orders were delayed since March 1. Average delay is 4 business days. On a related note, my Amazon orders, Prime, from US shippers, have been delayed 2 to 4 business days.

BikeInn actually had a picture of my shipment with address label before it left them for the next stop.

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by westin View Post
    BikeInn and a few other international bike orders were delayed since March 1. Average delay is 4 business days. On a related note, my Amazon orders, Prime, from US shippers, have been delayed 2 to 4 business days.

BikeInn actually had a picture of my shipment with address label before it left them for the next stop.

BikeInn gave me a LINK to an alleged picture of my alleged shipment but this is what I get when I click on it:

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
    <Error>
    <Code>AccessDenied</Code>
    <Message>Access denied.</Message>
    <Details>
    Anonymous caller does not have storage.objects.get access to tradeinn-packages/.jpg.
    </Details>
    </Error>

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Got a reply from them.

"Thank you for contacting us.

The item is on transport to your country. This may take between 5 and 15 working days. Please wait until the tracking is updated."

Boat. Slow boat.

The only reason I ordered from them was because the Amazon said they wouldn't get to me until May 2 and these guys said a few days. I only saved about 6 bucks with their shipping cost. These aren't going to get here before May either, the way things look now. So, color me unimpressed.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    I'm not sure you can do much complaining about postal service during a quarantine.

Bike inn is Spanish, one of the hardest hit countries. Be happy they are even sending you anything at all.

I ordered a giro helmet from the store *literally* 3 blocks from me because they aren't open to the public. Took almost 2 weeks to get here. Ordered 2 handlebars from china in January same day. One got here in February, one got here yesterday.

To get upset over this and is pretty silly.

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by smashysmashy View Post
    I'm not sure you can do much complaining about postal service during a quarantine.

Bike inn is Spanish, one of the hardest hit countries. Be happy they are even sending you anything at all.

I ordered a giro helmet from the store *literally* 3 blocks from me because they aren't open to the public. Took almost 2 weeks to get here. Ordered 2 handlebars from china in January same day. One got here in February, one got here yesterday.

To get upset over this and is pretty silly.
    I'm not upset, just trying to understand whats going on with the products that I paid for that I was led to believe would be here at a certain time, and I'm relaying my experience to others on the forum. That's kinda what the thread is for. Its titled "Bike Inn?" Based on this and other threads (see post 5), this sort of thing has happened before we ever heard of Novel Coronavirus, so its something people should be aware of. I'm sure I'll get my tires eventually.

They may be in Spain but the tires shipped from Netherlands.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bike Inn?-d1234_4_541_1200.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Thats what my current 17 year old tires look like.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Ill be reaching out with Bikeinn if mine does not come today as the tracker indicates it will (so crossing my fingers). Hopefully i here from them if not ill just file a claim with PP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 TREK FARLEY
    2013 TREK RUMBLEFISH PRO

mtbr member
    Jul 2012

Bike Inn?

I'm not upset, just trying to understand whats going on with the products that I paid for that I was led to believe would be here at a certain time, and I'm relaying my experience to others on the forum. That's kinda what the thread is for. Its titled "Bike Inn?" Based on this and other threads (see post 5), this sort of thing has happened before we ever heard of Novel Coronavirus, so its something people should be aware of. I'm sure I'll get my tires eventually.

They may be in Spain but the tires shipped from Netherlands.
    There is hope!

I rode today and saw that my buddy had brand new Schwalbe Ray/Ralph(same as what i ordered but his the classic tan) and when i asked him where he bought it, he said from bike inn.

One thing consistent though was the long wait. He said he ordered his tires September and they came in October.

My order shipped April 10th so....

2014 TREK FARLEY
    2013 TREK RUMBLEFISH PRO

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    More good news! https://improvesailing.com/questions/sail-atlantic

How long does it take to sail across the Atlantic? The Atlantic takes about 3-4 weeks to cross. If you're fast, take shortcuts, and get lucky, it can be done in about 2 weeks.

mtbr member
    Iíve had 2 orders with the recently and they took a fair bit longer to get here than normal. Figure itís Covid related as usual delivery time from them are 2 weeks or less. Iíve order from them quite a few times and it has always shown up.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    wrong thread, sorry

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by bapski View Post
    Same here. The 20th for me too! But that meant getting to Illinois.

Tracking now says by the 25th. Hopefully its true.

Did you get anything, lol?

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    nothing yet. Im giving it an exact month from when i placed my order then file a claim with PP.

Im assuming you havent gotten hours either?

2014 TREK FARLEY
    2013 TREK RUMBLEFISH PRO

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    nothing yet. Im giving it an exact month from when i placed my order then file a claim with PP.

Im assuming you havent gotten hours either?

No, but they did respond to an email and told me it was en route from Netherlands. They sent me a picture of the carrier.

Name:  the-shuttlebike-turns-your-bicycle-into-a-boat-6439.gif
Views: 126
Size:  556.0 KB

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Lol...

Mine has been at Chicago customs close to a week now.

2014 TREK FARLEY
    2013 TREK RUMBLEFISH PRO

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Great Balls of Fire, the Eagle Has Docked in the Country of Destination!

Name:  ezgif.com-reverse.gif
Views: 116
Size:  708.0 KB

I suppose now my tires are entering the customs queue?

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Behind me hopefully...lol
    but thats a good sign. Now if we can just move beyond customs and we will be happy.

2014 TREK FARLEY
    2013 TREK RUMBLEFISH PRO

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Behind me hopefully...lol
    but thats a good sign. Now if we can just move beyond customs and we will be happy.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news for you. The pontoon courier must have been the bottleneck because my shipment is already "cleared and forwarded to addressee"

BOOM goes the dynamite!
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news for you. The pontoon courier must have been the bottleneck because my shipment is already "cleared and forwarded to addressee"
    Customs is weird. Sometimes things sail right through and others can sit a while. I once had 2 identical orders placed less than an hour apart do it. They left & arrived at customs at the same time. The slow one took a week, but it did come. At this point it's not a bikeinn issue at least.
    :nono: :thumbsup:

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue950 View Post
    sorry to be the bearer of bad news for you. The pontoon courier must have been the bottleneck because my shipment is already "cleared and forwarded to addressee"
    whaaaaaat? your tracking doesn't look like this?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bike Inn?-nogo.jpg  

2014 TREK FARLEY
    2013 TREK RUMBLEFISH PRO

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    whaaaaaat? your tracking doesn't look like this?

Nope. Mine looks like this, it never showed the kind of detail yours shows. Mine starts on the 16th but used to start on the 15th, and I ordered on the 14th. And it arrived today, 21 days after ordering. Which I might not have been unhappy about, if I had known in advance, and I'm not sure it was worth saving $6 lol. But this confirms what others have said, they are slow but they do come through.

For most of us anyway. Not sure what you ever did to them. Did you say you ordered on the 14th too? I'm in New Mexico so maybe its all which hub your package gets sent to. I can see Chicago having some delays since things are still pretty messy there with covid

Bike Inn?-screenshot_2020-05-04-track-order-status-tradeinn-cg178376106nl.png

mtbr member
    Feb 2020
    I'm anxiously waiting for mine. I've got all the parts for a new road bike but the stuff from bike inn (rear der, front der, shifters/brake levers). As far as I can tell the package is still sitting in the NL...

Apr 22 2020
    09:56 am
    Acceptance USPS
    NETHERLANDS, Netherlands

Apr 21 2020
    09:50 pm
    The Item is at the shippers warehouse
    PostNL International

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Its very strange how the tracking for different orders are even worded differently...

mtbr member
    Feb 2020
    Yes, I noticed the different wording too. Pretty strange. I keep checking the dumb thing a few times a day every day. I'm obsessed with it...

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by MarylanderX View Post
    Yes, I noticed the different wording too. Pretty strange. I keep checking the dumb thing a few times a day every day. I'm obsessed with it...
    I was too, lol.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    same here with "checking a few times a day every day."

hopefully it wont be long for me. hopefully by tomorrow. i now see that it's in Detroit.
    2014 TREK FARLEY
    2013 TREK RUMBLEFISH PRO

turtles make me hot
    Im so glad I read this thread. I need a pair of rims for a custom build and I really cannot wait.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    whew!! mine finally came in.

i canít wait to get home to check the package and make sure i have the righ tires that i ordered.

2014 TREK FARLEY
    2013 TREK RUMBLEFISH PRO

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    There is a guy paddling mine across the Atlantic in a canoe.......

One set of inserts has shipped, they have not gotten in any hurry to ship the other set that is shown in stock.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012

Weighed, Mounted, and ready to ride. All in all, a worthy long wait.

2014 TREK FARLEY
    2013 TREK RUMBLEFISH PRO

mtbr member
    Nov 2016

Weighed, Mounted, and ready to ride. All in all, a worthy long wait.

Great news! What are they? I cant read them

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    schwalbe ray/ralph

2014 TREK FARLEY
    2013 TREK RUMBLEFISH PRO

mtbr member
    Feb 2020
    Very nice! That was a really long wait.

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Ugh...now i find out they have the cassette i want for 30% less than anyone else.

But I can't wait 3 weeks.

mtbr member
    Feb 2020
    We're so conditioned today to expect these things quickly. I remember when I was younger ordering something and getting it 6-8 weeks later and thinking that was awesome.

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    I'm only going to be at my current address for a couple weeks, and I don't know what my new address will be. That was my concern with Bike Inn all along, and still is.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I'm only going to be at my current address for a couple weeks, and I don't know what my new address will be. That was my concern with Bike Inn all along, and still is.
    That may be a problem. Mine took a month.

Maybe you can set a forwarding address?

2014 TREK FARLEY
    2013 TREK RUMBLEFISH PRO

mtbr member
    Feb 2020
    Wouldn't this get taken care of with a regular change of address form with the usps?

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Wouldn't this get taken care of with a regular change of address form with the usps?
    he did indicate he doesn't know what his next address will be.

2014 TREK FARLEY
    2013 TREK RUMBLEFISH PRO

mtbr member
    Feb 2020
    Well, dang...

mtbr member
    These guys seem to have the best deal on 29x2.6 Forekaster and Rekon by a long shot. $111 OTD including $19.99 shipping to SoCal.

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    he did indicate he doesn't know what his next address will be.

yahh, I ordered the other parts I needed asap from Ben's and they are already here. I would order from Bike Inn again if I could afford a few weeks wait.

mtbr member
    Feb 2020
    It was 2 weeks for my stuff to go from "The item is on transport to the country of destination" to "Processed Through Facility. Your item has been processed through our facility in ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS)". Looks likely to be another 2+ weeks before I receive it, based on other's experience. Some day I'll put this bike together or maybe leave it to one of the grandkids to do when I'm gone.

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Iím going through the same shipping experience. Put in an order 45 days ago and it appears stuck in NY since May 10. Iíve reached out to USPS for an update.

Fortunately the order was not a big ticket item but lesson learned and I will not be ordering from them again.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Mine took about 4 weeks. It didn't help that USPS had it in Chicago and then sent it to Seattle before it got to Minneapolis.
    =========================================
    Minnesota Off Road Cyclists www.morcmtb.org

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by m.westsc View Post
    Iím going through the same shipping experience. Put in an order 45 days ago and it appears stuck in NY since May 10. Iíve reached out to USPS for an update.

Fortunately the order was not a big ticket item but lesson learned and I will not be ordering from them again.
    price wise, it's worth it. you'd just have to wait unfortunately. i think this holds true to whatever comes from China. im still waiting for a Seatpost from diycarbonbikes that i plaed close to a month now.
    2014 TREK FARLEY
    2013 TREK RUMBLEFISH PRO

Formerly of Kent
    Just got an order I placed May 1st.

I bought two Vittoria tires, which arrived in the box. The tire inserts I purchased were not on the manifest/list of contents, and were not in the box.

I contacted them with screenshots of my order, and pictures of the manifest + contents of the box.

We'll see what happens.
    Death from Below.

Members who have read this thread: 217