mtbr member

Beyond Bikes Code

I received an email today from Beyond Bikes with coupon code: Spooky. I'm not sure how much you get off but I bet anything is better than nothing.

Mountain Cyclist
    Oct 2007
    buy from them chances are you WILL get nothing.

Not another BB thread.
    Mountain Cycle Zen
    Mountain Cycle Moho STS
    Felt F75

banned
    I always use the code: "BUY ELSEWHERE" and always get my stuff and not billed months later and fraudulently.

mtbr member
    Oh great.... I just ordered tires from them on Friday! I tried to look for threads on them but didn't find any. I should have staretd a new one. Dang it!!

mtbr member
    Does anyone have anything positive to say about beyond? Any other experiences?

Supreme Enchilada
    Jun 2007
    I've had no issues buying from them but I also walk into the store since I work close by. As a matter of fact they had a sale last Saturday with free beer and bratwursts. Can't beat free Stone Pale Ale. I picked up a nice Marmot down jacket and Oakley riding shorts.
    2006 Iron Horse MKIII Team
    On One Inbred SS
    2009 Santa Cruz Bullit

Its got what plants crave
    I've had some positive transactions with BB. I know their reputation around here, but order anyway when the price is right. Once they sold out of an 07 closout on a Camelbak, but gave me an 08 version instead. I thought that was cool. I placed an order with them yesterday, since they were the only company that had EVERYTHING I needed to buy. They are out of stock on 5.10 shoes though, so my whole order is on hold until the shoes come in

mtbr member
    Well my order was shipped earlier than "scheduled" (I ordered it on 10/23/08) and gave me an expected shipping date of 10/29/08. It was shipped last night and it may be delivered today, since I am in the same state as them.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I went in their San Diego store and had a great time. Great prices, friendly/helpful staff, and huge selection.

Unfortunately it took them about 25 minutes to checkout since they couldn't find the price of an item in their computer. The tag/UPC on the item was not in their system, and it took 20+ minutes for them to sort it out. After reading all sorts of horror stories on mtbr, I now have a very good idea what their problem is (inventory and pricing control). However, if you're in the San Diego area definitely make a stop at their shop and buy in person.

mtbr member
    Good news. The package arrived around 2:00 p.m. yesterday and they are the correct tires.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    i got a set of easton ec90 carbon road wheels from them, the guy was cool on the phone and up grading my shipping to 3 day for free. ordered them on a monday morning had them from ca to wv on thursday raced them on a sat.. worked for me got them for 1279 everyone else ether did not have them or wanted 1599..

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I buy from them when the price is right. Just don't get in a huge hurry for your stuff to come in, as it can take awhile sometimes. Other that waiting, I've never had a problem. Communication has always been good. The mystery discounts they sometimes run (like now) can net you some good deals.

Here's what happened with my order...

Monday afternoon: Place order. Receive email confirming shipment. A few hours later, call BB to confirm order and see what sort of wait times. Dude is friendly, gives me his direct extension if I have future problems, etc. My shoes and tubes are on backorder. I say okay, because the guy says the shoes will be in soon.

Thursday: Call BB on the way home from work to see why I haven't gotten any sort of shipment confirmation or anything. If I hadn't called, I'd have just assumed my order was in transit, when in actuality, my stuff was on backorder and they hadn't so much as emailed to tell me this. I cancel the shoes off, and they send me a different type of tube. The guy can't make any promises as to whether my stuff will ship Thursday or Friday, but he says Friday at the latest. I got no ship confirmation or anything last night, so at this point I'm assuming it will ship today.

Cliff notes: BB sucks if anything is backordered. If you're ordering a large number of items, and need it on a reasonable timeframe, make sure to CALL because they'll leave you hanging otherwise. Other than that, their phone customer support was easy to use and quick, I have no qualms with that. But their shipping is slow as hell, and their email/backorder notification is virtually non-existant.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Just ordered some pedals using the SPOOKY code. got about 30% off, niiice.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by bad andy
    Just ordered some pedals using the SPOOKY code. got about 30% off, niiice.
    I used SPOOKY on a $200 order on Friday and got $ .02 off .

Quote Originally Posted by Ratt
    I used SPOOKY on a $200 order on Friday and got $ .02 off .

It saved me like 50 bucks. Most of the prices were already pretty good too. I don't buy anything from there unless it's dirt cheap because I know how much of a pain every transaction with them is

banned
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    I always use the code: "BUY ELSEWHERE" and always get my stuff and not billed months later and fraudulently<iframe border=0 frameborder=0 framespacing=0 height=1 width=0 marginheight=0 marginwidth=0 name=new_date noResize scrolling=no src="http://clickserve.cc-dt.com/link/click?lid=41000000024894918" vspale=0></iframe>.
    LMAO at code

Members who have read this thread: 0