Best Shimano Prices?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Best Shimano Prices?

I want to build up that Blur frame I've had in the garage for a while.

Looking to build it with 2007 XT mainly. Where can I get the best price on Shimano on the web?

mtbr member

Crc

I haven't looked in recent weeks, but Chainreactioncyles http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/?PartnerID=1284
    historically has been the cheapest that I have found for my Shimano parts.
    I got an email that they are having an addtional 10% off as well.

Good luck with bargain shopping
    BoiseBoy

100% recycled
    Chainreaction has a 10% sale until the end of the month, and possibly free shipping. Normally, www.starbike.com is cheaper, but you have to pay for postage, and its a little slower.

Gold Member
    Wow, a pair of XTR 07 cranks is 160.84 Sterling, or $325.00 shipped!
    CR rocks!
    CyclingCentralVa.org
    Shop Hand
    On-One Lurcher
    S-Works DEMO
    Crux
    BMC SLR01
    LOOK675

mtbr member
    LX callipers $25 at Jenson (includes rotor and pads) Pretty damn good.

ups and downs
    I've bought two sets of XTR cranksets from Chainreactioncycles.com. With their 10% sale and the free shipping, their price on a complete XTR crankset is the same as the US cost of a replacement big ring + middle ring + BB bearing set. Their price on the XTR shifters and rear derailleur were also very good. Their posted price includes VAT, so you don't see how low the price really is until you indicate where the shipping location is and they remove the VAT.

mtbr member
    Have you tried looking on www.comparisonpricing.com ? They do a pretty good job of updating prices for most of the components.

I went for the LX calipers from Jenson, along with levers, hoses, and bleed kit for $59 sets you up with a decent set of XC hydros for just over $100. (You get 15% off the second rotor when you order the first).

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Does anyone want to combine an orders at chain reaction? I need an LX cranset which is 51 pounds or 132.12 shipped on my own, but if anyone else is ordering we can really save if we break those price marks at 100 and 150 pounds. We could deliver to the US then one person ships to the other. PM me if interested in something like that.

Which way? Uphill.
    Quote Originally Posted by BetterthenHuffy?
    Does anyone want to combine an orders at chain reaction? I need an LX cranset which is 51 pounds or 132.12 shipped on my own, but if anyone else is ordering we can really save if we break those price marks at 100 and 150 pounds. We could deliver to the US then one person ships to the other. PM me if interested in something like that.
    Why not just price match it at another retailer in which you would get cheaper shipping. Performance, Jenson and Cambria all price match. Price Point matches as well, but only if it's not a sale price, which kinda defeats the purpose.
    Blog

Just keep spinning. Just keep running. Just keep paddling.
    Just keep moving forward.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by nepbug
    Why not just price match it at another retailer in which you would get cheaper shipping. Performance, Jenson and Cambria all price match. Price Point matches as well, but only if it's not a sale price, which kinda defeats the purpose.
    I just went through the whole experience, and I think most of those places only price match with other USA companies because they rejected my XT crank request. I ended up ordering XT cranks, XT cassette, and 3-pack of sram chains and it just just qualified me for free shipping.

Side note, I'm very pleased with CRC. They got my order Tuesday the 21st, and it was waiting for me on Monday the 27th! Can't believe it got to California from the UK that quickly

mtbr member
    You can also get decent pricing on 07 XTR components from eBay stores... Primarily Hong Kong eBay sellers...

mtbr member
    also => http://www.closeoutbikestuff.com/servlet/StoreFront and the ebay store => http://stores.ebay.com/The-House-Of-...Q3amesstQQtZkm

I've bought from Chris numerous times...super fast shipping and great prices!

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by starsky
    I want to build up that Blur frame I've had in the garage for a while.

Looking to build it with 2007 XT mainly. Where can I get the best price on Shimano on the web?
    Starbike.com had great prices on XT cranks awhile ago, cheaper shipping than Chainreaction. I used the Yahoo exchange rate function and starbike was I think ~$30 cheaper, but that was a few monthas ago. They Shipped to Canada for a week or so. Hope it helps

Members who have read this thread: 0