Best Cyber-Monday Cycling and non-Cycling deals?- Mtbr.com
    The Duuude, man...

Best Cyber-Monday Cycling and non-Cycling deals?

Anyone have any hot-links?

cycling specific or general?

---------------------

I'm shopping for a home theater system. Amazon appears to have the best deals...

??
    FS: Everything

I like Squishy Bikes
    I got a sweet deal on a Panasonic 42" tv

http://www.6ave.com/shop/CyberMondayAd08.aspx

this site shows where to find the deals...

http://dealspl.us/
    A dirty book is rarely dusty

mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Free Shipping at AEBike, today, too

http://aebike.com/

Due to increasing demand and requests from some of our favorite customers, we are extending our free shipping code for another week!

For any order placed from our Parts & Accessories Catalog between now and December 10th, 2008, receive free standard shipping! All you have to do is enter coupon code SHIP112008 into the shopping cart for the discount to apply.

The shipping rate will still show up, but there will be a discount applied equal to our standard shipping rate ($7.50 for the first item, 75 cents for every additional item). This discount applies to international orders as well.

If you have any questions, feel free to reply to this email and ask. Otherwise, stock up for Spring!

The Gang at
    Alfred E. Bike
    320 E. Michigan Ave
    Kalamazoo, MI 49007
    (269)349-9423

Terror of Sidewalls
    Jul 2007
    I've been enjoying the live.com 30% INSTANT cashback on ebay BIN items. Used it a couple times with the 60 day waiting period over the last couple of months (still waiting...) but the instant cashback is sweet. Hello reasonably priced Cane Creek 110 headset.

mtbr member
    lunaprobe - how does the instant cash back work on ebay? I was looking at a BIN wheelset on ebay just last night and would love to "cash in" on the cash back program.

What's the 60 day waiting period all about? Is that how long it takes to get your product or cash?

Terror of Sidewalls
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodyknee
    lunaprobe - how does the instant cash back work on ebay? I was looking at a BIN wheelset on ebay just last night and would love to "cash in" on the cash back program.

What's the 60 day waiting period all about? Is that how long it takes to get your product or cash?
    Its an awesome deal, I just scored a Hope Pro2/Arch/Comp spokes wheel set for $330 after instant cashback.

They used to have a 60 day waiting period before Microsoft deposited the money in your Paypal account. But for the last few days its been instant cashback. I don't know how long it will go on for, or even if it still is now that its no longer cyber-monday, but you can probably find that out on Fat Wallet or Slickdeals.net.

Heres a transcript from a PM I sent someone about how it works. You can also google some combo of "live.com" and "ebay" and find tons of info about it.

Hey,
    I learned about the promo from this thread:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=462008

and this one on another site:

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=952519

Basically you need to set up a live.com cashback account and have the email address it uses (usually a hotmail account) as one of the emails used by your paypal account.
    Search for a product on live.com (try PS3). The first thing that comes up should be a link to ebay with a live search cashback link on the right. Click on that link and you should be able to get 30% off anything you purchase "buy it now" on ebay within the next hour. You have to pay for it quickly, I believe.

Anyway, read the instructions in those threads VERY carefully as you have to do exactly what they say to get it to work. I also had to turn off my norton firewall to get the cashback banner to show up in Ebay when I clicked on the live.com link. If you don't see the banner in ebay, don't buy anything. If it doesn't tell you how much cashback you will get after you click "buy it now" and before confirming, don't confirm it.

Also it will tell you how much cash back is going for on the live.com page, it has varied from 8 to 35%.
    Hope this helps

mtbr member
    So it sounds like the cash back is deposited in your pay pal account, not really a discount? Or do they charge the full amount and then give you back a credit on your credit card? if they give a credit back to the card, that's cool, if it's just a balance on your pay pal then not so cool if you don't use it that often.

Thanks for the update. I've been looking for wheels and this might be the way to get a better set than I had hoped for.

Terror of Sidewalls
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodyknee
    So it sounds like the cash back is deposited in your pay pal account, not really a discount? Or do they charge the full amount and then give you back a credit on your credit card? if they give a credit back to the card, that's cool, if it's just a balance on your pay pal then not so cool if you don't use it that often.

Thanks for the update. I've been looking for wheels and this might be the way to get a better set than I had hoped for.
    They charge you the full amount and then you get the 30% back in your paypal account. For the past few days they have been instantly depositing the money in your paypal as soon as you pay for the item. I have been using a credit card through paypay, so it actually works as a 30% cash advance as I can get that money deposited in my bank account in 3-4 days. However, if they get rid of the instant cashback and go back to the 60 day wait, you have to be ready to be without that money for a while.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Just used this Live Search cash back deal and got an XTR crankset off eBay for $305 + shipping. Cheapest of anywhere, except for CRC "fitted."

Next, I'm buying the Chris King Bottom Bracket for $110.

Whoo Hooo!

Terror of Sidewalls
    Jul 2007
    just checked and it looks like its down to 20% back. Not sure if instant or not.

Members who have read this thread: 0